PDA

View Full Version : Valkyrie Bits

Ruroni
26-05-2009, 14:11
Anyone know of a site/store selling Valkyrie bits? Warstore still doesn't have any and I emailed Neal and got no reply. I've got a FW one from years ago that got mangled and lost some bits. Preferably in the US, but I'll go overseas if need be. Thanks in advance!

BigBadBull
26-05-2009, 15:17
What are you looking for? If looking for the Upgrades for the Vendetta, most people are getting 2 of the terminus Ultra LR upgrades.

If not , Neil I'm betting was off for the holiday weekend. Usally he is pretty good about getting back to people quickly.

Deamon-forge
26-05-2009, 16:09
im after the canopys lol, damn FW ones broke on me. i still have no luck finding a site

JustTony
26-05-2009, 16:48
Have you checked eBay? I know I saw a pair of canopys on there that were from the Forgeworld kit, but that auction ended this past weekend and I don't know if they sold. However there is a listing for plastic canopys from the new kit. Look for this auction number:

The auction is listed as being in the US.

Good luck

Ruroni
26-05-2009, 20:32
Yeah, my canopy, and one of my tail fins is broken/missing. That and I'd like the new flying base of course. I've been watching ebay, and they're going for silly amounts, up to half the price of the whole damn ship new.

JustTony
27-05-2009, 02:19
Considering that the model is new, why not call GW and tell them what you are missing and they should send you replacement parts. I assume these parts were missing'broken when you opened the box?

CapitanMee
03-06-2009, 02:38
Does anyone know how wide the valkyrie base is at its widest point?

kendaop
03-06-2009, 04:39
Does anyone know how wide the valkyrie base is at its widest point?

It's roughly 5 or 6 inches long. I don't have it on me, to measure, however.

MajorWesJanson
03-06-2009, 04:54
I compared it ith a 60mm base, and it is something close to 75mm by 150mm

Spacker
03-06-2009, 06:42
I measured it and it's 120mm x 90mm. How did you manage to come up with 150mm as the longest measurement when you had a 60mm base and it's exactly twice that size, putting the 60mm at one end should have made it clear that the far edge of the 60mm base was lined up with the centre of the flying base ;)

These new flying bases are now available to buy from Forge World (http://www.forgeworld.co.uk) at 5.85 each (see the New Stuff page, also has the Punisher and Vendetta conversion kits for the Valkyrie as well as the new resin/plastic Vulture kit)

MajorWesJanson
03-06-2009, 06:48
I measured it and it's 120mm x 90mm. How did you manage to come up with 150mm as the longest measurement when you had a 60mm base and it's exactly twice that size, putting the 60mm at one end should have made it clear that the far edge of the 60mm base was lined up with the centre of the flying base ;)

These new flying bases are now available to buy from Forge World (http://www.forgeworld.co.uk) at 5.85 each (see the New Stuff page, also has the Punisher and Vendetta conversion kits for the Valkyrie as well as the new resin/plastic Vulture kit)

Oops. Well I measured it a while back, and thought I did it with the 60mm base, but I measured based off of one of the new biker bases that I ordered at the same time. I think the 60mm base came to mind because I have been building HW teams for a friend.

Ruroni
08-06-2009, 02:03
Anyone seen a store selling the bases yet? Damn I wish GW would hurry up and start selling them.

HiveFleetEzekial
08-06-2009, 02:12
FW is selling the bases, by themselves, already.. (seems they're going to convert most of their, lighter, fliers over to using it instead)

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/acatalog/QUATERMASTERS_STORE_NEW_STUFF__11.html 3rd item down. Around $8-11, depending on the exchange rate at any given time.

galahad67
08-06-2009, 03:33
hoard_o_bits on ebay is breaking up the kits and auctioning off the components

very reliable

Ruroni
08-06-2009, 04:14
The problem I see with getting the FW ones is that they don't seem to come with the second part that the base plugs in to. They build that gap into the model itself.

zetaplus
08-06-2009, 11:49
My FW Thunderbolt came with one of the stands... No way that baby is going on there though lol.

HiveFleetEzekial
08-06-2009, 11:52
The problem I see with getting the FW ones is that they don't seem to come with the second part that the base plugs in to. They build that gap into the model itself.

Check out the bottom of the new Vulture. If they're going to re-do them all the same way, the slot will be made into the bottom of the kit.

SPYDER68
08-06-2009, 11:55
Considering that the model is new, why not call GW and tell them what you are missing and they should send you replacement parts. I assume these parts were missing'broken when you opened the box?

Or not take advantage of Good customer server to the point where they say "Sorry nothing we can do" For the people who actually have issues with kits instead of trying to cheat the system.

JustTony
09-06-2009, 03:50
Or not take advantage of Good customer server to the point where they say "Sorry nothing we can do" For the people who actually have issues with kits instead of trying to cheat the system.

Spyder68:

I was assuming that there was some kind of issue with the pieces when he opened the kit, and that it was the new plastic model. If I find missing or damaged parts in any given model box or blister I call GW and ask for the broken part to be replaced. If I broke it because I was a moose and stepped on it, well, that's my problem. I'm not advocating trying to cheat GW's system.

It's unfortunate that GW no longer sells individual sprues or kit pieces themselves. I have a vast hoard of the old ball and socket joints for flying bases and I dread the day when I run out of them since I can no longer buy that piece. Same thing for Eldar tank canopys. I seem to break those damn things on a regular basis and therefore bought up a stash of them back when you still could get them from GW. I'm about out now and wondering where I can get more.

Peace: through being careful and not breaking your toys.;)

Edit: I went back and reread the OP. I missed that the kit was from Forgeworld. Perhaps he should call FW, explain his situation and ask them if they would be willing to help?

jstalker
09-06-2009, 04:10
Gw has been selling the bases and stands both together and with the base on its own for a while now, at least on the uk site

Kriegfreak
09-06-2009, 05:39
The missile pods on the Valks are awesome for Sentinels. They look just like the one from FW. Can't stand the one from the newer kit, though honestly I'd probably arm mine with plasmas if I had one :d.