PDA

View Full Version : making a Tzeentch army?

Darwin_green
26-05-2009, 16:07
For a Mono-Tzeentch army, is there a way to make a well balanced or minimalistic tzeentch army or, is it mostly just a glorified body guard for a few pimped out heroes?

I know the other gods mono themed lists can go either way, since their marks greatly benefit character and unit alike.

PeG
27-05-2009, 00:50
dont go all out for flaming attacks or your HE opponents will be happy.

Darwin_green
27-05-2009, 06:14
i guess I should have stated that I was talking about Warriors of chaos. though I assume that advice was for Daemons, right?

riotknight
27-05-2009, 07:01
For a Mono-Tzeentch army, is there a way to make a well balanced or minimalistic tzeentch army or, is it mostly just a glorified body guard for a few pimped out heroes?

I know the other gods mono themed lists can go either way, since their marks greatly benefit character and unit alike.

Pretty much, most Chaos armies are about characters.

Tzeentch amries are what i face most so i usually see something like:

Sorc. Lord with Spell Familiar, Bunch of Spell boosting stuff
Lv 2
Lv2
Exalted on Disc.

12 Warriors with Halbers
3x5 Marauder Horsemen

12 Chosen with Champ and Favour
1 Unit of Knights with Banner of Rage.
2x Warshrines

Course you can make you're own, but i've seen this list do extremely well, Also, Its awesome seeing a level 2 get a gateway off. lol

danny-d-b
27-05-2009, 07:28
For hero's I'd go something along the line of
sorcerer lord of tzeentch on disk with golden eye of tzeentch, spell familar, deaths head sword of power and conjoined homulus and shield
sorcerer of tzeentch on disk with infernal puppet, talasman of protection and bloodculling roar
sorcerer of tzeentch on disk with skull of katam and steam of corrruption
sorcerer of tzeentch on disk with power famlier coller of khone and third eye of tzeentch

Gaargod
27-05-2009, 17:44
Um, you may be going a little off the deep end there with characters.

I'd say stick to a lv4 and a lv2. Should be fine to do magic and will leave you enough room to stick 3 knight units in there, some warriors if you wish, and some horsemen

danny-d-b
27-05-2009, 17:54
Um, you may be going a little off the deep end there with characters.

I'd say stick to a lv4 and a lv2. Should be fine to do magic and will leave you enough room to stick 3 knight units in there, some warriors if you wish, and some horsemen

yep but your playing tzeenetch, the entire point is you go over the top with magic (simmler to vamps)

Darwin_green
27-05-2009, 18:00
yeah, marking troops seems to be a bit of a waste. yeah a 6+ wardsave and all, but that adds up a bit.

so basically there's isn't a Tzeentch army. just a bunch of undivided guys guarding a few pimped out lords, right?

danny-d-b
27-05-2009, 18:08
yeah, marking troops seems to be a bit of a waste. yeah a 6+ wardsave and all, but that adds up a bit.

so basically there's isn't a Tzeentch army. just a bunch of undivided guys guarding a few pimped out lords, right?

well the troops would be 3 units of outrideing marrauder horsemen acting as scouts and the rest goes on a unit or 2 of knights (1 carrying the standard of 5+ against shooting and mark of tzeenth giving it 4+)

Eta
27-05-2009, 20:08
Why not try something in the line of a sorcerer lord accompanied by his 2 or 3 apprentices (2 sorcerers, option for an exalted BSB with the Book of Secrets) and his guard of knights with his personal banner (2 units of 5-6 Tzeencht knights, one with Blasted Standard). Together they have gathered a crowd of zealous men (2 units of 25 marauders marked Tzeentch with full command and flails or greatweapons) willing to sacrifice themselves for their God. They are backed up and directed by a unit of battle hardened warriors who carry a bound horror of Tzeentch in their standard (12 warriors of Tzeentch with shields and full command and the Banner of Wrath). In their wake are 3 packs of warhounds that sense the coming of change (primarily fresh meat). Their flanks are protected by the favoured of Tzeentch (spawn, forsaken).

If you do not go crazy on the sorcerers magic items, that list will come to about 2250 to 2500 points. You will have about 12 PD and a bound spell - a good amount of magic, but not totally over the top. Then you have two CR units who can dish out some damage, too. The knights are your hammers that can take some punishment, especially with the Blasted Standard.

Greetings
Eta

bork da basher
27-05-2009, 20:19
IMO the only way to play tzeentch effectively in WoC is tzeentch cavalry flying circus. more than any other chaos god i think you HAVE to trick out your tzeentch sorcerers, they have access to some great magic items and it would be cutting your nose off to spite your face not to take them. i play tzeentch fast and furious with extreme magic and loads of cavalry to smash through the enemy. you spend so much on sorcerers you need to get stuck in asap to minimise your losses so it makes sense really.
footslogging tzeentch can have its benefits but not nearly as much as all cavalry.

Eta
27-05-2009, 20:41
Sure full cav is good when you go overboard with magic, but he wanted to play a balanced list. Flying circus + knights is definately not balanced ;)

Concerning the sorcerers, be sure to have the Infernal Puppet, the Book of Secrets, the Power Familiar, a scroll somewhere in the list and the Spell Familiar on your lord. That's all you really need IMO.

Greetings
Eta

ivrg
27-05-2009, 21:13
I have played both with and against a tseentch army and the 6+ ward is not as useless at it seems. It will save a warrior or knight here and there. And considering the cost for a warrior. 20 points for an entire reg isnt that much. Ofc you can go for pure tssentch if you like the theme. I would not cinsider it "weak", but not the most powerfull either. So it pretty balanced imo.

Darwin_green
27-05-2009, 23:46
yeah, tzeentch isn't the same since they got rid of daemons(in a warrior army).