PDA

View Full Version : Shooting at Multiple Goblin Fanatics from the Same Parent Unit

chivalrous
26-05-2009, 20:48
Bit of a weird situation in a game the other day.

There were three fanatics, bowling towards my lines so I shot at one of them with a single unit of Dark Riders, causing a few wounds.

After rolling to wound my opponent proceeded to sullenly pick up all three fanatics, at which point I stopped them, insisting that once they'd been released they counted as individual models and because units can't split their fire any more I could only kill one.

So who got it right? Do multiple Fanatics count as a single skirmishing unit or does each model count as a singe unit in its own right?

Dr.Zahnfleisch
26-05-2009, 20:53
Imo every released Fanatic is treated as a single unit.

The Ab says that in terms of shooting they are treated as single units with unit-strength 1.

Malorian
26-05-2009, 21:03
Each one is a single unit.

PeG
26-05-2009, 21:07
anything else would be really messy if you have multiple units releasing multiple fanatics and then random movement.

Urgat
26-05-2009, 21:15
Bit of a weird situation in a game the other day.

There were three fanatics, bowling towards my lines so I shot at one of them with a single unit of Dark Riders, causing a few wounds.

After rolling to wound my opponent proceeded to sullenly pick up all three fanatics, at which point I stopped them, insisting that once they'd been released they counted as individual models and because units can't split their fire any more I could only kill one.

So who got it right? Do multiple Fanatics count as a single skirmishing unit or does each model count as a singe unit in its own right?

Each fanatic is a unit of his own. it's in his rules, though a bit criptic (shooting at -1 as for any other model with unit strenght of 1 -in Force of Destruction paragraph).
edit: removed second sentence; I had reading comprehension problems it seems, inverted both players :p

tarrasque
26-05-2009, 22:54
After rolling to wound my opponent proceeded to sullenly pick up all three fanatics, at which point I stopped them

a bid of topic, but very fair play on your side. i have seen players just smile and wave in these kind of situations.

Storak
27-05-2009, 00:04
a bid of topic, but very fair play on your side. i have seen players just smile and wave in these kind of situations.

i agree. and whole hearted, to fullfill the character requirement for a post....

lparigi34
27-05-2009, 01:11

Being me on O&G player, having that many difficulties to beat newer relatively overpowered armies... you bet I'd smile and wave :D.