PDA

View Full Version : Sizzla's Shiny Baubles

Elannion
26-12-2005, 21:20
Hello is this item one use only/corrected to it, otherwise its pretty cheap for its effetiveness.

Festus
26-12-2005, 21:26
Hi

Why?

Greetings
Festus

Griefbringer
26-12-2005, 21:48
Remember, it only affects the caster and the unit he is with - so once it has been revealed, the enemy can just choose to not throw any further magic in that direction and deal with the offending unit with cannons, mortars, organ guns, flame throwers, arrows, rocks, giants and a horde of angry rats. I fail to see anything over-effective here.

Of course, for a player going for full magehammer it could be slightly annoying, but if one chooses to go full out on magic on the expense of tactical flexibility, then it is their problem.

PS: Festus, looks like you have started popping up on TMP lately.

Festus
27-12-2005, 09:13
Hi

As Griefbringer said: The Baubles usually are a one shot device, or a minor annoyance, nothing more IMO.

Griefbringer-

What do you mean by lately? ;)
I am lurking on TMP for quite some years and from time to time I happen to post something. If Bill had a post-counter on his boards, I would only have about 20 or something posts in all those years, maybe 30... :)
As I play a few historical games as well (Napoleonic, modern, ECW, and a keen inerest in the Dark Ages), TMP is a very welcome resource.

Greetings
Festus

Griefbringer
27-12-2005, 10:46
Shiny baubles could probably be best compared to an item granting magic resistance - in either case the opponent is unlikely to cast further spells on the same target. Though the baubles might lead to a particularly careless wizard accidentally cooking up himself (not a particularly likely event).

And Festus, Bill has a post counter - your score at the moment is 54.

T10
27-12-2005, 11:37
There are of course other spells that simply would not affect the caster - say, the Eagle's Cry if the caster is on foot.

And 54? That is a bit more than 20.

-T10

Festus
27-12-2005, 11:45
Hi

Yes, see, I never have had a look at my profile - until a few minutes ago, that is - and I guessed as best as I could...

50something posts in 3some years as a registred member is not much to remember, I guess... ;)

Greetings
Festus

Elannion
27-12-2005, 17:36
Oh sorry i do appologise, i was skimming through the orc and gobbo magic items must of misses the bit saying bearer and unit.

Griefbringer
27-12-2005, 20:37
It is strange what all revelations can be found from the rules if only bothers to study them thoroughly. :D

Da GoBBo
29-12-2005, 12:25
It's still a grand item. A healthy unit of SO Big Un Boar Boyz with a Big Boss is awfully expensive and quit vunerable to a lot of magic. Those shiny baubles are a great investment to a unit like this. Remember, not getting screwed by magic can be a goal on itself. Like having plain night goblins to lure flyers, put in a giant to draw missile fire. This item reflects a spell ones a battle and gets keeps the magic of your back afterwards.
BTW, you don't HAVE to use this item. You could just use yer dispell dice when affected by some stupid spell, and use da baubles to reflect a big one.

T10
29-12-2005, 13:26
It is very good vs. hidden mages that use damage spells that do not require line of sight, e.g. skink shamans.

If you are not unlucky, a bout of d6 S4 hits reflected at a single mage will take him out.

-T10