PDA

View Full Version : Could Nagash be returninng

Luke666
26-05-2009, 22:01
just somethink i noticed but if you type Nagash into weikapidia and read it. There is a sentece that says he is scedualed to make an apperiance in the next tomb king army book could this be true god i hope so:D

Troah
26-05-2009, 22:04
Possibly just in the story?

Orcboy_Phil
26-05-2009, 22:06
He is certain to appear in the next Tomb Kings book, unless they substansilly change the background. There won't be any rules for him though.

Luke666
26-05-2009, 22:16
this is what it says on weikapidia "Nagash is expected to return next year as the special character in the Tomb Kings army sourcebook, scheduled for release in 2009."

EvC
26-05-2009, 22:19
Yeah it's said that for a while (obviously). Since the premise is demonstrably false (No TK book this year), then it's obviously complete rubbish.

Lycannus
26-05-2009, 22:31
I do remember some staffers saying Nagash would be a character in the next Tomb Kings book.
At the time I just brushed it aside as a way of selling the Novel.

Aurellis
26-05-2009, 22:33
Wikipedia is not a crystal ball or definitive fountain of all knowledge... so no, we don't know yet. Hopefully Nagash will return at some point though :D

Leggy
26-05-2009, 22:58
does it have a source for the rumour in the wiki?

Bregalad
26-05-2009, 23:06
Is this a news&rumour thread just to ask a question?

Leggy
26-05-2009, 23:12
At it's core it's a rumour (ie Nagash will be a special character in the next Tomb Kings book), plus it includes a source ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nagash_(Warhammer) ). However the source is unreliable, and so this should be taken with more salt than in an entire bucket of KFC

Kronos
26-05-2009, 23:19
Is this a news&rumour thread just to ask a question?

actually i believe he was refeerancing the quote from wiki as News.

i believe this has come out in a different thread regarding the rumours of the campaign (Y'know the one that had lots of mentions being the rise of Nagash but never tunred out to happen).

so I won't be believing wikipedia until i see both an entry for nagash in a tk book and a model (which doesn't look like the lord of clowns.)

Nkari
27-05-2009, 00:51
Its in the wiki.. it must be true..

lordmuffin
27-05-2009, 02:59
I wish it were, though he had an ugly model, its be nice to have another Arch-Villain other than Chaos...

Horus38
27-05-2009, 03:06
He's been rumored to be on the horizon for making a re-appearance for quite some time: new VC book, Nemesis Crown campaign, new TK book, etc. etc.

I wouldn't hold my breath, but it would be nice to get a new rendition of that crazy undead demon fool :rolleyes:

Kevlar
27-05-2009, 03:46
With all the armies having access to greater demons, multiple dragons, hydras, giants, etc I'd love to see models like Nagash and especially the Vermin Lord return.

Ri-xthoal Lord of Lustira
27-05-2009, 04:14
We can't be too sure. The schadule for TK is said to be release 2010.

Gork or Possibly Mork
27-05-2009, 04:45
Umm. Don't the tombkings hate Nagash. Wouldn't it be better to have him as a special character in the Vampire counts book? I know carstien counts don't share his goals but the necrarch certainly do.

Nagash would be best as his own supplemental book i.e Lustria book etc.

loveless
27-05-2009, 05:04
Yeah, I hear Archaon is going to be a special character in the next Empire book. He's on the page right after the rules for Vlad von Carstein. Apparently, Malekith has rules in the next High Elf book as well.

:rolleyes:

Dark14
27-05-2009, 06:29
if nagash is back and close to what he should be here his stats knows all spells dark elf death vampires shadow his own lore has +2pd +5to cast lvl 4 mage. summon is now a raise 3d6 spell along with a vampire lords melee.

if they bring him back they will bring back other non dead but to good for the game charactors example Abhorash the blood dragon blood line leader.m6 ws10 bs10 s7 t6 w5 i 10 a6 ld10 along with probable 400pts worth of magic and character killing items.

Max1mum
27-05-2009, 06:35
if they do include him, he will be to mighty a character for table top ( he makes archaon, karl franz, and grimgor ironhide look like the 3 stooges, and that's if they team up against him )

So what might happen, and what i actualy hope for is that they bring out the model into the entire collecters range they have going on for warhammer, and then just give you white dwarf rules, like they did with the last white dwarf model.

Max1mum
27-05-2009, 06:37
Yeah, I hear Archaon is going to be a special character in the next Empire book. He's on the page right after the rules for Vlad von Carstein. Apparently, Malekith has rules in the next High Elf book as well.

btw ....good point.

Jedi152
27-05-2009, 06:57
EvC and Loveless win the prize, it's total crap. We don't even know when the next army book will be. Who ever wrote it knows nothing.

And anyway, the tomb kings are Nagash's enemy. They hate each other pretty bad. In fact the vampires hate him just as much.

Nagash does not fit into any current army book.

And no, before anyone bothers, he's not part of a big summer campaign any time soon.

Dungeon_Lawyer
27-05-2009, 07:15
There is a prgram that allows you to find out who wrote what posts on wikipedia. Maybe someone should try that, just to see if we can get a better idea of who is posting such info. If its traced back to a GW computer/isp address well that would be cool, if traced to joey jimbob of duluth Minnesota, then we can discard it as complete rubbish.

The TK expansion is coming out for warhammer online--so who knows, maybe GW is planning some marketing symetry and in 2010 Nagash returns in the new TK book to draw in onliners who dont play the tabletop game---He doesnt have to be superoverpowered Nagash-Hasnt he been recovering his strength for centuries now?- The past armybooks seem to suggest so. "Nagash is almost ready to strike" or something to that effect is printed somewhere in the current book-right?

GW could have him come back in a "not yet at top form" power level to make him playable-or something like a magical mimic or doppelganger through which Nagash can act, but only at a fraction of his full power. Id be cool with that....

And for all those claiming Nagash "does not fit" into either VC or TK because they hate him, Nagash scoffs. Hate, what do the living know of hate?....The guy who wrote the book on necromancy , literally, fits in the undead world anywhere he dam well pleases

Leogun_91
27-05-2009, 08:53
if they do include him, he will be to mighty a character for table top ( he makes archaon, karl franz, and grimgor ironhide look like the 3 stooges, and that's if they team up against him )
Karl Franz: Carries the hammer that killed Nagash before, is powerfull enough to tame a dragon (presumably the only man in the empire that can) and leads the Old Worlds largest nation.

Grimgor Ironhide: Has never lost a challenge (he was forced to leave when his army fled from Crom), has combat power enough to humble a Shaggoth, is bigger and greener than any other orc.

Archaon Lord of the End times: Has lead one campaign and got close to his goal but failed with taking one of the hardest cities to take (only once conquered and that was by Grom the largest and most powerfull goblin ever to live), he has a collection of magic items that could make the Gold order feel yealous, he is blessed by the big 4.

They still look epic enough.

sea.man
27-05-2009, 11:05
Maybe being the greatest magician in the Old World makes the difference ;)

That`s the best thing about this hobby, we can argue about such things :D
I love it!!

Leogun_91
27-05-2009, 11:24
Maybe being the greatest magician in the Old World makes the difference ;)Yes he is probobly more powerfull than anyone of those but would they co-operate Nagash would be doomed, lucky for him that wont happend.

Gaargod
27-05-2009, 11:51
Its more generally

Nagash: What, the Lord of the End Times is coming my way?

Archaon: Gaaarrrghhh

Nagash: Where's my zombie shaking stick... (rumages around), ah there we go. Hocus Pocus, boil and bubble, summon some damm zombies. (does a little dance, summons several hundred zombies)

Archaon: What?! Zombies! Must kill zombies!

Nagash: Well that's him sorted for the next several hours. Where's my beer gone...

Ixquic
27-05-2009, 12:14

Hahah

Nagash COULD have been a special characters in the VC book. He would alter your force org so that you can't have any models with the Vampire rule and necromancers would be upgradable to level 2 or something. He developed the magic Vampires use by screwing around with the Nehekera death rituals and combining them with Dark Elf dark magic so he would be pretty hard to fit into Tomb Kings since he doesn't even use their magic anymore.

And literally everyone in Warhammer hates him from Empire to Skaven to Dark Elves (although they probably didn't get word that their citizens were tortured to death by him) and especially Vampires and Tomb Kings. The only way he could fit into a book would be to either make a very specialized Vampire spin off list like I previously said or give him his own special list for a campaign like Storm of Chaos (and since we're never going to see another summer campaign that ain't happening). If he's a special character in Tomb Kings that would be really stupid unless they figure out something amazing.

Condottiere
27-05-2009, 12:34
Nagash is arguably the most powerful spellcaster in the world - assuming his stats reflect this, who would play against him?

Ixquic
27-05-2009, 12:44
It would be no different than Fate Weaver, Teclis or Kroak where their table top abilities aren't as amazing as the "OMG TOTALLY KILLED AN ARMY OF GREATER DEMONS!!!" story crap you read in the army books.

I'm thinking Greater Demon stat level, knows all spells from the Vampire lore, then has some special castery abilities.

The Clairvoyant
27-05-2009, 13:18
I don't think its unreasonable that nagash makes a return. His stats in 4th edition weren't greater daemon stats then.

Off the top of my head he was M6 WS7 BS7 S7(8 with his sword) T6 W6 I6 A6 Ld 10 and he had a 4+ ward save against anything (when there were rules for some things not getting magic armour saves)

Bearing in mind a vampire lord back then had WS8, S7, T6, I8 and A4

But yes, he was a Level 5 wizard, but then so was teclis i think.

As for how he fits into an army list, based on the recent novel of nagash's uprising, he'd fit perfectly well into a TK army with some minor alterations, or indeed a VC army, but obviously they missed the boat on that one for this edition!

As an aside, does the Skaven list still have rules for the Fellblade (the sword that alcadizaar used to kill nagash the first time after the great awakening)?

Shiodome
27-05-2009, 13:19
it was almost one of the most interesting things about undead that those that still had some self awareness were dominated against their will by nagash. i'd have no issues with nagash leading a khemri army, the fact the tomb kings he's forced to serve him all utterly hate him only add to the character of such a list.

i'm sure slaves in other armies hate being slaves and hate the slaver (skaven), doesn't make the fluff retarded that they still fight for their master out of fear... it's part of what makes the fluff awesome.

Leogun_91
27-05-2009, 13:22
Its more generally

Nagash: What, the Lord of the End Times is coming my way?

Archaon: Gaaarrrghhh

Nagash: Where's my zombie shaking stick... (rumages around), ah there we go. Hocus Pocus, boil and bubble, summon some damm zombies. (does a little dance, summons several hundred zombies)

Archaon: What?! Zombies! Must kill zombies!

Nagash: Well that's him sorted for the next several hours. Where's my beer gone...
1) Archy is a wizard too and would counter some of it even though he is very far from as powerfull as Nagash

2) Archaon has the steed of the apocalypse and his loyal swords of chaos and would ride through the zombies right to Nagash and challenge him.

3)Yes Nagash could probobly defeat him but we spoke Archaon, Grimgor and Karl Franz togheter and there is no way he could defeat all three and even though he Nagash could defeat Archaon it wouldnt be in any way as much of an owning as you make it out to be.

Ultimate Life Form
27-05-2009, 13:24
Nagash is arguably the most powerful spellcaster in the world - assuming his stats reflect this, who would play against him?

Nagash is small game. Keep in mind, he's undead. All you gotta do is mob him with 150 pts worth of Skaven Slaves and watch him crumble to dust from combat res. I'm sure this is how Sigmar pulled it off, too.

Shiodome
27-05-2009, 13:42
:o simar is on the council of thirteen i knew it!

Kill-Freedom
27-05-2009, 14:08
Tomb kings hagte nagash with a passion, why the hell would GW realease him as a specail charater to them:rolleyes::wtf:

Gaargod
27-05-2009, 14:36
I wasn't saying Archaon would die to the zombies. I'm saying he'd spend literally days hacking through them. At least in game terms.

In actual fluff terms, Nagash is so, so far above Archaon in terms of magic there's no real comparison. Archaon probably has the edge in terms of fighting, but he would be destroyed by the magic of Nagash.

As for Nagash in tomb kings, i think it could be done. They all hate him, which could lead to some pretty interesting rules (maybe make them all have hatred against everything?). Ideally, he'd have his own little storm of chaos type ruleset, but that's not going to happen...

Lutherblue
27-05-2009, 14:43
I know I don't need to bring it up, but Nagash lost alot of his power when the Skaven mined all of the warpstone from cripplepeak. The idea of him being "the most powerful thing ever" i think is a bit overblown. He has been defeated before, and now with losing many of the magic items and warpstone he had previously could be a 7th edition charecter.

In my opinion since he has died so many times, he is currently recuperating (think Lestat in the first Interview with a vampire after being fed dead blood, burned, and buried in a swamp) and just ready to start carving out the old empire once again.

Cheers,
Lutherblue

bob_the_small
27-05-2009, 14:52
Why would he return with the TK, he hates them and they hate him... they shouldn't release him with rules as he is too good, maybe just release a new model at a stretch and at an even farther stretch give him rules in WD, apart from that... they should just leave him alone...unless they come up with some fantastical reason as to why he should be with the TK...

EDIT: Just had a thought..... if Nagash is so powerful a sorcerer, he would be able to use his will and magic to control the TK and VC, an example of this is in Gotreak and Felix, they find a Nagashy artifact that he used to control the VC...

Bob

Jedi152
27-05-2009, 15:09
You mean like the Carstein Ring...

BooMeRLiNSKi
27-05-2009, 15:09
I don't think its unreasonable that nagash makes a return. His stats in 4th edition weren't greater daemon stats then.

Off the top of my head he was M6 WS7 BS7 S7(8 with his sword) T6 W6 I6 A6 Ld 10 and he had a 4+ ward save against anything (when there were rules for some things not getting magic armour saves)

Bearing in mind a vampire lord back then had WS8, S7, T6, I8 and A4

But yes, he was a Level 5 wizard, but then so was teclis i think.

All corect except he was T7 W7 as well, his sword also would restore wounds to him on a 1 to 1 basis.

He'd know all the lore of vampires and lets say death to, ItP and terror of course and book would make him a 5th level wizard.

His staff doesn't translate easily but something like +2 PD and + 1 DD per turn with +1 to casting/dispelling rolls wouldn't be unfeasible.

He ate greater deamons for breakfast.

bob_the_small
27-05-2009, 15:11
You mean like the Carstein Ring...

That thing, yeah...

Valtiel
27-05-2009, 15:37
If going by the rules Amon 'Chakai was probably just as strong as Teclis and Nagash, he was a natural 5th level wizard and didn't need any magic item to be like that. Booya! Amon 'Chakai did also have better stats if I remember correctly...

Really, I believe they could easily make a new ruleset for Nagash, like Teclis, Kroak and Kairos. It shouldn't be that hard. He'd probably not have stats like back in the day but maybe something more like a big Vampire or so.

mrtn
27-05-2009, 15:44
As an aside, does the Skaven list still have rules for the Fellblade (the sword that alcadizaar used to kill nagash the first time after the great awakening)?
Yes.

XCL

Ixquic
27-05-2009, 15:45
I've been thinking of buying the old party hat model and writing up a Nagash army list to play around with for fun.

Basically it would be something along the lines of:

Lord:
Nagash

Heroes:
Wight Kings
Necormancers
Banshee Queen

Core:
Skeletons
Zombies
Dire Wolves
Corpse Carts (maybe)

Special:
Spirit Hosts
Grave Guard
Black Knights
Fell Bats

Rare:
Wraiths
Risen Monstrosity (some kind of large undead monster)

Nagash would have a profile something along the lines of

M WS BS S T W I A LD
6 5 5 6 6 6 4 4 10

Special Rules
4th level wizard
Undead
Terror
Knows Vampire Lore, Death and Dark Magic Lores; not sure how to work this out since knowing all three sounds WAY overpowered but would be consistent with how he's presented
Able to throw as many dice as he wants per spell
Staff allows him to store up to three dice per magic phase to be used in the next one and generates one extra dice in both phases
Sword ignores armor saves.
4+ ward save

Skeletons and Zombies can be raised over max by default, but points are more expensive than they currently are. Necromancers can be upgraded to level 2. I'm not sure if they should be able to still choose their spells (I think that might be over the top). I'm trying to think up some ways to make it not just "Vampire Counts with Nagash instead of Mannfred."

I think it would be neat to playtest and get to the point where it would be fun and balanced to play with and against.

Leggy
27-05-2009, 18:56
The Tomb Kings do hate Nagash, but that doesn't mean he wouldn't have a tomb king style army. Remember he was a Nehekharan king too. He was decended from their lineage, and ruled Khemri for a loooong time (i don't know the exact amount of time, possibly hundreds, even thousands of years). It stands to reason the military style he uses is based on their army formations and strategies. He would certainly have no trouble summoning and controlling any of the non-liche, non-mummy units.

The problem is that the tomb kings army is too limited. He should also have command of necriarch (sp) vampires, wraiths, wights, ghouls (his magics and cunning mutated the first ghoulls on the shores of the sour sea) zombies and pretty much any other undead save for characters.

And don't forget, the tomb kings also hate other tomb kings. Does that mean tomb kings shouldn't be in the tomb kings army list?

Power level wise, i'd give him stats similar to a lord of change, but no flying. lvl 4 mage with all spells in either necromancy magic (whichever type is used in the army book) or death, but can only chose one law (as per normal). Then special rules for his armour, sword, staff, and general god of undeathness. Perhaps an optional chariot, as it fits the tomb kings army and he rode one at least once in the fluff (when fighting sigmar)
He would be absurdly points heavy.

Ixquic
27-05-2009, 19:22
The thing is he perverted the Khemri style of rituals to create the necromantic arts so really throwing him into the Tomb Kings book would be hard since he doesn't use their magic anymore.

Leggy
27-05-2009, 20:27
Who's to say the magic system won't change?

loveless
27-05-2009, 22:27
And don't forget, the tomb kings also hate other tomb kings. Does that mean tomb kings shouldn't be in the tomb kings army list?

The Orcs have Animosity, clearly they shouldn't be in the Orcs and Goblins book.

More appropriately, petty in-fighting gets pushed to the side when dealing with a threat to your people as a whole (outside of real jerks and Skaven, who are going to stab you in the back regardless).

Nagash is about as anti-Tomb King as you can get...he's the fallen son, the black sheep, that cousin you never talk about.

Just...no. No more of this "OMG, Nagash in AB: Tomb Kings!!!1!" nonsense.

bob_the_small
27-05-2009, 22:55

Dark Elves hate Dark elves... does that mean DE shouldnt be in the DE list?

Khorne hates slaanesh... i could go on, but i feel ive made my point...

Dungeon_Lawyer
27-05-2009, 23:05
it was almost one of the most interesting things about undead that those that still had some self awareness were dominated against their will by nagash. i'd have no issues with nagash leading a khemri army, the fact the tomb kings he's forced to serve him all utterly hate him only add to the character of such a list.

i'm sure slaves in other armies hate being slaves and hate the slaver (skaven), doesn't make the fluff retarded that they still fight for their master out of fear... it's part of what makes the fluff awesome.

word brother word

The Orcs have Animosity, clearly they shouldn't be in the Orcs and Goblins book.

More appropriately, petty in-fighting gets pushed to the side when dealing with a threat to your people as a whole (outside of real jerks and Skaven, who are going to stab you in the back regardless).

Nagash is about as anti-Tomb King as you can get...he's the fallen son, the black sheep, that cousin you never talk about.

Just...no. No more of this "OMG, Nagash in AB: Tomb Kings!!!1!" nonsense......

nope.:p
The "black sheep" or "cousin you never talk about" is still family bru.
Never mind the fact that approx 25% of the fluff stories in the current TK armybook directly reference Nagash , yet he doesnt "belong there" :wtf:
I mean c'mon, he proabbly has more lich priests serving him in one wing of his fortress than the tomb kings have in there entire realm. And I dont get this "he doesnt use there magic anymore argument" either. So what? So Nagash uses different spells, tons of special characters in this game have that ability-its what makes them, um:eyebrows:, special.......

Leggy
28-05-2009, 00:29

Dark Elves hate Dark elves... does that mean DE shouldnt be in the DE list?

Khorne hates slaanesh... i could go on, but i feel ive made my point...

I'd say both these quotes could be used to support my point too. Just because the fluff says two groups/individuals/whatever don't get on doesn't mean it will relate to the tabletop. Nomatter how much the other tomb kings dispise him, Nagash is/was still a Khemri/Nekeharian king, and it stands to reason his armies will resemble those of other Khemri/Nekeharian lords.

:

The Khemrian "people" are soulless bone-puppets created and controlled by the darkest of magics. Are you saying the greatest master of these magics would be unable to create and use these bone puppets for his own means?

It's only the Tomb Kings themselves and the liches that have any semblance of free will. Even then, it's plausible that one of these would ally themselves with the great necromancer to gain an advantage over a close rival, however much it may gall him to do so.

:
Just...no. No more of this "OMG, Nagash in AB: Tomb Kings!!!1!" nonsense.

Probably not gonna happen in a thread titled "Could Nagash be returning" though :P

Dargon
28-05-2009, 01:50
As has already been pointed out, alliances are irellevant. If GW decide that Nagash would field an army similar to the Tomb Kings, then he fits there perfectly, regardless of his relationship with the other Tomb Kings. It's all about the army - not the character.

Having said that, I really hope it doesn't come to pass. One of the most notable parts of Nagash's personal army are the nation of living Ghouls that infest the lands surrounding Cripple Peak and worship Nagash as a God. An army of Nagash without Ghouls... just wouldn't be an army of Nagash.;)

Just a thought...

Souppilgrim
28-05-2009, 02:25
I doubt it would happen, but I would like to see a return of the old Undead. I'm not a fan of Ann Rice or Brendan Fraser villains, so I was bummed when they split undead. Bring back the necro/liche traditional undead armies I say (in a lonely voice).

Despoiler
28-05-2009, 03:11
nagash could easily be included as a sc in the tomb kings, if people just think about it logically and simply.

tomb kings hate nagash: give him a rule that says if hes included then you can't include tomb kings/princes.

may not use the same magic: give him his own personal lore then, call it the 'Lore of Nagash' or the 'Lore of Eternity'

as for a profile:
M:5
WS:6
BS:4
S:6
T:5
W:3
I:4
LD:10

sword: ignores armour saves.
armour: heavy armour, in addition gives him 4+ ward save.
staff: produces an additional power and dispel dice per turn in addition to the ones he usually would (so he would produce 5 power dice in his personal pool and 3 dispel dice). also can re-roll one of his casting dice per turn, this can be used to prevent miscasts or if your lucky to cause irresistable force. note the second result stands.
master of undeath: lvl 4 wizard, uses all spells in his personal magic lore, can use any amount of dice to cast spell.
The Hated: due to the long hatred of nagash no tomb king or tomb prince may be included in an army that also includes nagash.
Flamable: Nagash's body is nothing more than an animated husk wrapped in a shroud and anointed in oils and as such he is flamable.
undead
terror: Nagash is the unliving visage of death and as such strikes terror in even the stongest of men.

loveless
28-05-2009, 03:18
Probably not gonna happen in a thread titled "Could Nagash be returning" though :P

Don't I know it? :p

I bet he'll be in the Skaven book. They used to get along with him...you know...before they forged the blade that killed him.

Either that or the Ogre Kingdoms book. ...What?

Max1mum
28-05-2009, 09:28
isn't he in the orcs and goblins book ? something-something the slaughterer with his possesed crown ?

And those 3 special characters i put into a team and ridiculed are just that - there to be ridiculed, the great thing about warhammer is you can endlessly argue. The team it self is a joke, Archaon wants to fight mr Franz, Franz wants to fight archaon and nagash, grimgor want's to fight them all, and nagash will plot and circle waiting for the last survivor to stand while he casualy deflects the blows from Karl Franz who can't put his full might on nagash because he is trying to fend of two other big nasty's.

So in the end the only chance either one of the 3 stooges has, is face to face with nagash. And then they have no chance.

( btw, i'm a chaos player....Archaon is mh boy, i don't like this anymore then the next none-nagash-fanboy ;-) )

Valtiel
28-05-2009, 10:07
isn't he in the orcs and goblins book ? something-something the slaughterer with his possesed crown ?

And those 3 special characters i put into a team and ridiculed are just that - there to be ridiculed, the great thing about warhammer is you can endlessly argue. The team it self is a joke, Archaon wants to fight mr Franz, Franz wants to fight archaon and nagash, grimgor want's to fight them all, and nagash will plot and circle waiting for the last survivor to stand while he casualy deflects the blows from Karl Franz who can't put his full might on nagash because he is trying to fend of two other big nasty's.

So in the end the only chance either one of the 3 stooges has, is face to face with nagash. And then they have no chance.

( btw, i'm a chaos player....Archaon is mh boy, i don't like this anymore then the next none-nagash-fanboy ;-) )

That's just until Teclis jumps out from a bush (or closet?) and sucks all magic out of Nagash turning him into a pile of bone or other strange way of ending it all in an anti-climatic ending.:p

Danforth
28-05-2009, 11:21
I've been thinking of buying the old party hat model and writing up a Nagash army list to play around with for fun. [...] I'm trying to think up some ways to make it not just "Vampire Counts with Nagash instead of Mannfred."

IIRC from the 4th edition Undead book, Nagash had (at some time in his existence) living worshippers. Since historical special characters are OK in the current crop of army books, GW have room for a Young Nagash, with a mix of living and dead troops. The "no other Tomb Kings" rule some posters have suggested would work either way; either they do indeed hate him and won't associate with him, or he hasn't made them yet. Skeletons lining up alongside Eeeevil Flagellants, maybe.

Arkhan
28-05-2009, 13:27
Everyone throwing something 'bout Nagash, so i thought i throw something too. Ok, Nagash is powerfull (destroyed clan of skaven, killed few million people in araby[by the spell, i know] etc.) but there were many characters like him. For example Teclis who created some kind of magic vortex to keep the chaos in bay(i think), Slanns who are fraction of guys who build this world and still are powerfull enough, two-headed lord of change(2 wizards in ONE pacakage, buy now and you will recive a pair of random spell casters twins). So i think he could be realased in TK, just like bunch of old badass guys did(Karl Franz, Azgah, Vlad and so on). Maybe they should put in TK even Arkhan the Black as his Icon bearer(huh? what'd ya think?). Every race have about 4-5 special characters, and who else might be in TK? Maybe this prince in golden armour(Tutankhanut) or that Liche guy who interred himslef within a bone giant(same way as others in Tomb scorpions). So I cross my fingers and wait until the truth shall be revealed and we may bask in its glory.

Have a nice day :)

Memnos
28-05-2009, 13:48
In the old games I used to play, everyone and their mother had Nagash.

I don't think he ever survived any game he played in. I used to laugh about how everyone and their mother had killed Nagash; Then, a video game came out where Nagash gets killed by some random mercenary captain.

Now that Nagash is gone, I pine for him. Out of sheer love for that great undead guy, I will drop whatever army I'm making if he comes out and Nagash will return.