View Full Version : Maeltrom Games

General Samuel of the 101
26-12-2005, 21:35
can someone Recomend me this Store?
it look good with the Free Shipping and 10% Discount
is the service good and the shipping?

Corporal Punishment
26-12-2005, 21:53
I have ordered from them once and shipping was very quick (about 8 days from the UK to the US) and the prices were great.

Had a good friend who just ordered and got the same great service. I recommend them.

26-12-2005, 21:55
Hey,Thanks

Charax
26-12-2005, 22:35
Did anyone consider, oh, I dunno, linking to this store?

tzeentchgiant
26-12-2005, 23:12
Doesn't matter, if all he wants is feedback, but here (http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Maelstrom-Games-Ltd) it is, just for you Charax (if it was infact maelstrom games he meant), but only because you asked so nicely :p.

BTW, I've bought from them before, nice, provided good feedback, quick delivery, and fairly friendly to boot.

TG

Opus T. Penguin
27-12-2005, 07:36
Dealt with them on eBay a few times -- great service and quick.

NetGuru
27-12-2005, 09:45
I bought the Marine codex from them and it was a speedy transaction and the book was in mint condition, so yes i would recommend them.

Sandlemad
27-12-2005, 17:41
Dealt with them a few times via ebay. Very quick and polite, but the box they sent was pretty banged up. The sprues were grand though.

27-12-2005, 18:27
http://www.maelstromgames.co.uk/
here the link

The Ape
27-12-2005, 20:01
Dealt with them on ebay a couple of years ago - would have used them again if i hadnt become a GW staff member (and not needed to buy anything full price for a looong time).

EvC
27-12-2005, 20:01
I think I'm going to be using them, just for an extra High Elf RBT...

t-tauri
27-12-2005, 22:58
I get most of my new stuff from Maelstrom since nugaming changed hands and turned invisible. I'd recommend them strongly-never had a problem with new stuff and ebay purchases for years.

Brother Othorio
27-12-2005, 23:25
not to appear lazy or anything (eg: i could always email them and ask..) does anyone know if they take Visa Electron? (its not listed on their "we accept the following.." but there seems to be an unwritten rule amongst UK Webshops about not listing Electron even when they do)

Tyra_Nid
28-12-2005, 02:29
I just recently used Maelstroms online store (as opposed to ebay) to order my Army carry case and Termy Chaplain. Took 12 days to get from UK to Aus, which is pretty decent at christmas time. Not problems with packaging etc.

EvC
29-12-2005, 14:13
Hnmm, I'm looking there right now, and everything's listed as being temporarily out of stock?

Am I also right in thinking that if you use their deal builder and buy 5 items from the same army at the same time they actually give you 15% off? This site seems great, wish I could actually order from them!

philbrad2
29-12-2005, 16:24
Bought off both Ebay and his own webstore.One of the best indy retailers I've dealt with great service.

Imbroglio
02-01-2006, 11:49
I get most of my new stuff from Maelstrom since nugaming changed hands and turned invisible. I'd recommend them strongly-never had a problem with new stuff and ebay purchases for years.

I don't suppose you know what's up with Nugaming? We had the email saying that the Nick had sold the company on to someone called Adam, and all the email addressess on the site updated to him, but nothing has come out of the company since. They were always very reliable before the sale, but I'm reluctant to buy again until others start too - best I can tell nobody is recommending the service anywhere at the moment.

-- Imbroglio

t-tauri
02-01-2006, 12:48
Don't know to be honest. Nick sent regular marketing emails and was very forthcoming with information. Since the changeover the nugaming website hasn't been updated and there've been no ebay sales.

That lack of updates makes me reluctant to use them, which is a shame because I'd been using Nick for years. There are too many cowboy operators running internet sales to take a chance on. I'll stick with Rob and Maelstrom They may not be the very cheapest, but they have the stuff in stock and they send it out.

EvC
02-01-2006, 15:16
And where they don't have the stuff in stock they order it from GW and send it on, which takes a few extra days, but for 15% off that's no problem for me!

Keravin
03-01-2006, 16:56
Highly recommend Maelstrom. Currently saving up what I want to buy to be able to take advantage of their great 15% offer. Great service.

EvC
05-01-2006, 11:15
I got my order from them today (Just as well as I'm nipping to Ireland for a few days this afternoon), they even managed to provide me with the exact hero models I wanted. 10/10.

Howlinggriffon
05-01-2006, 12:36
Don't know to be honest. Nick sent regular marketing emails and was very forthcoming with information. Since the changeover the nugaming website hasn't been updated and there've been no ebay sales

I've bought off Adam from NU Gaming - he's not set up on Ebay yet (as that Ebay name belongs to Nick still) but you can order direct from him as you could with Nick. Still gives a good discount plus free and fast postage...

Maelstrom are always good too though - I just bought a Razorback off them today :)

lord_blackfang
07-01-2006, 10:17
I've dealt with Maelstrom several times. As long as everything's going smoothly they're fine, but when something goes awry (I received someone else's auction wins instead of mine) they are slow and/or incapable of dealing with it. It takes weeks to even get a reply out of them if you complain about something.

baneful
07-01-2006, 22:10
i have to agree with lord_blackfang, great until something goes wrong.
having delt with them both on ebay and through their store i still give them a thumbs up though.

t-tauri
08-01-2006, 00:22
The few times I've had problems with them they've sorted it out quickly and to my satisfaction.

boogle
08-01-2006, 00:26
dealt with them before, and have had no problems, i wish they still did the old bits auctions that they used to do however