PDA

View Full Version : 2250 Mixed WoC Take-All-Comers

Clegane
27-05-2009, 01:32
I haven't played Chaos since early 6th edition, but my army is finally 'updated' and painted, so I'm working on putting a list together for local competition.
Here's what I've cobbled together. Comments welcome.

Lv4 Sorc Lord on Disc
MoT
Golden Eye
Spell Familiar
Bloodcurdling Roar

Lv2 Sorc on disc
MoT
Book of Secrets

L2 Sorc
MoN
Power Familiar
Conjoined Hom

L2 Sorc on Daemonic Steed
MoN
Infernal Puppet

25 Marauders w/ Full Command, MoS, LA, Shields

15 Warriors w/musician, standard, AHW, Shields
War Banner
MoN

5 Marauder Horsemen w/flails, MoS
5 Marauder Horsemen w/flails, MoS

5 Hounds
5 Hounds

4 Chaos Ogres w/ Chaos Armor, GW's, MoK

5 Knights w/standard, musician
MoN
Banner of Rage

Basic Mixed-Tactics force with Knights and Ogres screened by Horsemen and dogs, running up either flank.

Two blocks anchoring the center, one with pure static CR and one with static CR and optional active CR through weapon upgrades.

Nurgle Sorc goes in the marauder block, Sorc on steed starts in Warrior block, with tactical option to leave it if necessary.

Two disc sorcs take the field, using hit and run magic tactics to soften units for the advance.

I know it isn't as hyper-competitive as a pure cavalry force, but how does it sound for casual and friendly-competitive play? Workable?

Witchblade
27-05-2009, 03:21
I think it's solid for friendlies. I'd change your magic items for your sorcerers though. (Add book, power fam, etc.)

Clegane
27-05-2009, 03:38
I think it's solid for friendlies. I'd change your magic items for your sorcerers though. (Add book, power fam, etc.)

Yeah, I actually just did that before checking this thread again. In fact, I switched the Hero out for another Nurgle sorc, dropped the Rod, added a Book to the L2 Tzeentch, a Power Familiar on a L2, and a conjoined twin on one of the Nurgles, so as to cast Buboes on a single die. Oh...and managed to free up the points for a Spell Familiar on the Lord.

I thought about dropping the Daemonic Mount on the replacement, but decided to keep it, so as to make the Warrior block immune to Fear, and also to give some extra S5 punch for when they get into CC.

I know a lot of folks don't care for the Bloodcurdling Roar, but my primary opponent hides a Dirt Lord with MR2 in a unit of Blackguard. Given how difficult it can be to thin that unit out with a non-shooting army, I figured that the Roar would be a somewhat reliable method of gradually whittling it down before having to commit my scant troops to the blender.