PDA

View Full Version : 3000 WoC competitive list

Cobbicus
27-05-2009, 01:04
Hey all, here is my list for a 3000 point tournament for the setting of my local GW's battle board that's coming up soon. I've got the models to switch things up if any good suggestions come along so please any friendly comments and suggestions will help. Thanks!

3000 Warriors of Chaos

Lords/Heroes
Sorcerer Lord-lvl 4, MoT, disc of tzeentch, bloodcurdling roar, conjoined homunculus, 2 dispel scrolls, golden eye of tzeentch, spell familiar=440

Sorcerer Lord-lvl 4, MoT, disc of tzeentch, crown of everlasting conquest, blood of tzeentch, talisman of protection, word of agony= 445

Chaos Sorcerer- lvl 2, MoN, barded steed, enchanted shield, infernal puppet=206

Chaos Sorcerer- lvl 2, MoN, barded steed, 2 scrolls=206

Chaos Sorcerer- lvl 2, MoN, barded steed, 2 scrolls=206

Core
5 Marauder Horsemen- MoK, flails=105
10 Marauders=40
10 Marauders=40
5 Warhounds=30
5 Warhounds=30
5 Warhounds=30
5 Warhounds=30

Special
5 Knights of Chaos- MoN, banner of rage=285
5 Knights of Chaos- MoK=230

Power dice-16
Dispel dice-9
Total points-2993 (I donít know what to do for these last 7 points)

Ok so I think the general idea of this army is pretty obvious to understand. First things first, the two marauder units are their to pretty much stand in my corners or harass flying units that are trying to harass my knights. I know that I have 6 scrolls haha. I am still willing to drop 2 scrolls on a sorcerer to get skull of katam but I'm not sold on that item and since Ive taken so many sorcerers all of my great magic items for them are gone. I did the best I could to make the 2nd lord just as survivable as the first by giving him a 5+ ward save and the regeneration, I would happily drop the word of agony if anyone can suggest something worth while to take but as of now I think it has its uses like when that high elf star dragon gets his charge on my lord and I wind up killing his puny toughness 3 lord. Besides that I think everything seems pretty self explanatory, as I said before I'd love to get some friendly feedback on this list. Thanks again!

fubukii
27-05-2009, 01:23
i give the list a 8.5/10

stonetroll
27-05-2009, 01:32
Change your Marauder Horsemen to MoS. What good is fastcav that can be baited?

Also I dont see a power familiar anywhere... reason for that?

Other then that I think you have a really nasty list to deal with. Just be careful of opponenents like DE that can easily bait your Knight units with harpies & Dark Riders, but if you think you can handle that, I think you will have the hitting power to obliterate pretty much anything you touch.

Cobbicus
27-05-2009, 01:50
The reason I like MoK on the horsemen is because its a 105 point unit that packs one big punch, I realize they can be baited but theirs only so much baiting one can do in one game and I have 7 units that need to be baited. That being said, when it comes to baiting the knights its not as easy as you would think to bait them because the hounds are screening them, however I do see where your coming from with the harpies and such.

Their is no particular reason why their isn't a power familiar in the army, I probably will give one to one of my scroll caddy's because 5 scrolls should be plenty.

Witchblade
27-05-2009, 02:16
I'd give the conjoined humunculus to a nurgle L2 so he can cast buboes with one die. Plus, you don't want your L4 to have stupidity.

Third eye of tzeentch is worth it in 3000pt games. Give it to a nurgle L2.

Blood curdling roar and word of agony are not bad, but other things have priority. I only take them if I have spare points. They are too situational.

You really want the power familiar and the book of secrets. They're both amazing items (certainly way better than blood of tzeentch and cheaper too) and are never useless. You already have the puppet, so the book of secrets is really a great addition to a L4 of tzeentch. Give it to the one without the spell familiar for some extra versatility.

I'd give the enchanted shield to a L4.

Are you putting your sorcerers in your knight units? That's a vulnerable position and not a good one for LoS. I prefer a marauder block with decent static CR to put them in. Also, you might want to upgrade some of the knight units by giving them a standard, maybe a musician, an extra model and/or a war banner.

If you have points left, take more hounds. You can't go wrong with more hounds (up to the point where you have a hound unit for each hammer unit).