PDA

View Full Version : Wulfrick the wanderer!!!!!????

Krom The Eternal
27-05-2009, 02:08
What is your opinion on him? mine personally is that hes a great character decently strong with 4 attacks and can deepstrike a unit of marauders is awesome for warmachine hunting How do you guys field him? i run him with 25 marauders

Witchblade
27-05-2009, 02:32
He's ok in a unit of 20+ marauders with GW and MoK. He's rather disappointing in combat though, unless he's facing his chosen target and he gets to strike first.

Condottiere
27-05-2009, 04:19
He and and his gang are dangerous, as well as make you have to provide for a rear guard.

Krom The Eternal
27-05-2009, 04:40
Im glad some people actually like him alot of people i know thought he was weak and not worth the points and im sorry but you cant put a price on a decent hero and 25 deep striking maniacs specially if you give them flails ugghhh beautiful slaughter fest hahaha i was using him the other week in a game and he single handedly slayed a DE reaper bolt thrower crew then him and the unit over ran into another crew which they slaughtered aswell i can only assume this would have continued due to the fact that there was 4 reapers in a row all less then 1inch apart hahaha

Urgat
27-05-2009, 09:00
he single handedly slayed a DE reaper bolt thrower crew then him and the unit over ran into another crew which they slaughtered aswell

Whoa, great feat for a special character, really. I sure hope he can handle a warmachine crew or two :p

mikepm07
27-05-2009, 09:08
Whoa, great feat for a special character, really. I sure hope he can handle a warmachine crew or two :p

Actually there are very few special characters that could approach a warmachine crew head on and live to see combat :)

Urgat
27-05-2009, 09:15
Well, coming from behind, right in charge distance, sure helps :D

Lord Khabal
27-05-2009, 09:30
Heck, teclis would't do it! War machine crewman are tough!!!

Krom The Eternal
27-05-2009, 16:09
Ha Ha very funny lol it was my first game that came out as a tie ive lost the other 4 games ive played i was just excited because i think he can deffinatly tip the tide of just about any battle it used wisely

Malorian
27-05-2009, 16:57
He is a very interesting special character to be sure.

I'd say keep his unit should be 19-24ish. That way even if the block turns around to face you you'll be ok. All I would give them is shields though. They aren't going to take on any serious blocks without support anyway.

Come on, wipe out a war machine, and rear charge a block. What more could you ask for? ;)

Condottiere
27-05-2009, 17:14
ASF - that's an advantage for rear guards.

aeon flux
27-05-2009, 21:49
a chaos dwarf miner is a good thing :D, in an army that lacks any real surprises bar magick. however, by now, he's pretty much a one trick ponney. the only reason I'd take him would be for his manouvering, not his character killyness. Oh yeah, and if I can spare the points :angel:

Griffery
28-05-2009, 01:28
Yeah honestly he hasnt ever done much for me. The whole Seafang thing is great but it doesn't work as weel becasue it is only marauders. His sword thing also only works on one model and because I normally play against vamps I basically have to target the general or else it is kind of pointless cause my unit will just lose the next round of combat. I would also rather take another spellcaster for either buboes or for tzeentch. Wulfrik is alright in CC but compared to having another spellcaster and another dispel dice, I would much rather take a wizard.

bigunns
28-05-2009, 01:36
i agree with the others on this hat he is useful... but truthfully he would be alot better if he could pull his little magic trick with some chaos warriors or chosen..... tha would definitely be something i would use....(if i played chaos warriors anyway) :)

Condottiere
28-05-2009, 13:10
Since the opponent knows Wulfrik is on the loose, he can't concentrate all his units on the front line, and has to keep a reasonable amount in reserve to guard the flanks and rear.

changer of fate
28-05-2009, 20:52
he is a win win character. if ur opponent igorne him, u get to head butt people up there as# with 30 marauders and if ur opponent leave something behind to defend him, there is one or more less thing to worry about up the front.

danny-d-b
28-05-2009, 20:55
If I had the spare hero slot I'd take him but with festus, a level 2 a level 4 and a BSB I've not got the slots!

changer of fate
28-05-2009, 20:57
If I had the spare hero slot I'd take him but with festus, a level 2 a level 4 and a BSB I've not got the slots!

yeah, i have a similar problem in my 2250 list, i usually run out of points to fit another character in, i run a lvl4, lvl2, lvl2