PDA

View Full Version : 1500 WE, first tournament ever

lordmuffin
27-05-2009, 04:09
Hello warseer, long time listener first time caller here, this Saturday I will be taking part in my first tournament for warhammer fantasy and I was wondering if I could get a little critiquing of my list before I go. I know its a little light on magic defense but from what I understand most of the players at the store will have magic lite to medium lists so Im not to worried about that.

General: Noble with amber pendant light armor and great weapon 110

Alter noble with Hail of Doom Arrow, Helm of the Hunt, light armor, shield and Great weapon 158

Branchwraith: Lvl1 mage, cluster of radiants 140

10 Glade Guard 120

10 Glade Guard 120

8 dryads 96

8 dryads 96

5 glade riders 128

5 glade riders 128

20 eternal guard with command, warbanner 295

6 wardancers 108

pts 1501

Mind you, most of this army is based off of models I and have available. I plan on having my general sit with the eternal guard to give them stubborn and a little bite against anyone trying to charge me and hopefully look like a nice target for melee units while my faster units support this block and go hunting against anything they can tackle in a combined charge. Im also considering assymetrical deployment to maximize my maneuverability as my opponent is forced to redeploy. Mind you, I havent played many games with my Asrai so any advice and criticism is welcome.

King Vyper
27-05-2009, 04:41
It is a good all-around list but lacks any real punch.
If anybody shows up with VC or Daemons you are going to get slaughtered.
Even at 1,500 points VC are going to dominate the magic phase.
If you have to play against Daemons (pray that you don't) depending on what they are fielding.
They are going to ream you with magic or just massacre you in combat.

Dark14
27-05-2009, 05:38
i would drop the riders for either a treeman or some more archers but it looks good.

Lord Dan
27-05-2009, 05:55
Do you have any other models available? Are you holding out on us? :)

Gaargod
27-05-2009, 11:34
Not a fan of eternal guard tbh. They're not killy enough to be a hammer, but they're not survivable enough to be a proper anvil. Its a big chunk of points which probaby justt won't do anything.

I'd say go for broke on mobility, and get some Wild Riders (which i consider better than glade riders, as they hit way harder) and more wardancers.

Otherwise, Treemen would be good to act as an anvil - faster and far more maneuverable than eternal guard, much harder to ignore with its shooting attack and terror and as its LD8 or so stubborn T6 W6, its quite hard to kill. If you want it to really never go away, make your current general into the BSB, and your alter noble the general. Not ideal, as he'll be off doing his thing, but elves have pretty good LD anyways.

If this is it for models however, none of that is possible. In which case, hope to god you don't play a magic heavy/gunline list. It will not be good.