PDA

View Full Version : WoC - 1000pts All Mounted

Col.Gravis
27-05-2009, 13:13
I'm delving into Fantasy for the first time in three or four editions of the game, and I've kind of settled on doing an all mounted Warriors of Chaos force, I want to build to 1000pts initially, I'll then enlarge it too 2000pts later on.

I'm after a bit, okay alot(!) of help with regards to army list's though, with little real thought I've drafted this.

Lvl 2 Chaos Sorceror inc. Chaos Steed, Dispel Scroll @161

10 Marauder Horsemen with Light Armour, Shields, Spears, Full Command @190

10 Marauder Horsemen with Light Armour, Shields, Spears, Full Command @190

5 Marauder Horsemen with Spears @70

5 Marauder Horsemen with Spears @70

5 Chaos Warhounds @30

5 Chaos Knights inc. Full Command @250

The fighting core of the fighting force will be the blocks of 10 Marauder Armoured Horsemen and the Chaos Knights who'll probably be joined by the Sorceror, to back them up two units of 5 Fast Marauder Horsemen for flanking and a cheap unit of Chaos Warhounds, purely disposable in intent, that leaves a few points left over though I've little idea on what to spend them at the moment.

Any thoughts, suggestions, indeed complete alternatives greatly appreciated though I am pretty set on staying all mounted.

Makina
27-05-2009, 14:03
I wouldnt make those marauder horsemen that big. Just make those two blocks of ten 2 units of 5 with flails and buy another unit of Knights with the points you save. Full command is pretty useless by the way. You could mark them Khorne and buy some dogs with the points you save.

I'd change it into something like this:
Lvl 2 sorcerer, MoN, steeds, 2x scroll

5 Marauder Horsemen, flails, MoS
5 Marauder Horsemen, flails, MoS

5 warhounds
5 warhounds
5 warhounds
5 warhounds

5 Chaos Knights, MoK
5 Chaos Knights, Standard, Banner of Rage (frenzy banner, not sure if I got the name right)

I think that even saves you some points, you might be able to get another sorcerer in there.

tristessa
28-05-2009, 10:28
Yes, more knights. those blocks of marauder horse won't do enough. get some more warhounds in for screening the knights. think about a sorcerer on disk too.