PDA

View Full Version : 1250 Pt WoC Tourney List

Terrokhan
28-05-2009, 03:47
Chaos Sorcerer [General] 180pts
Blasphemous Amulet, Warrior Familiar, Daemonic Steed
(While a sorcerer he is combat orientated with the amulet and familiar and also hopefully with rolling the lore of fire combat spell. So he gives magic defense while packing a unexpectedly huge punch in close combat).

Chaos Sorcerer 152pts
2 x Dispel Scroll, Barded Steed

Core:

5 Marauder Horsemen 75pts
Flails

5 Marauder Horsemen 75pts
Flails

Special

5 Chaos Knights 200pts
(With their Ensorcelled weapons they will hunt units of Wraiths/Dryads if my opponent fields any).

3 Ogres 150pts
Great Weapons, Chaos Armor
(2 units of these will make the backbone of my army. For having 3 wounds each and an armor save of 4+ they are great value).

3 Ogres 150pts
Great Weapons, Chaos Armor

Rare

Giant 265pts
Mark of Slaanesh
(Hopefully he will be the major target for shooting and magic)

Total pts: 1247

Let me know what you guys think or any tweaks that I should make.

Witchblade
28-05-2009, 04:45
A shaggoth is not competitive really, although it might thrive in a 1250pt game. I like your overall set-up, but I'm not too keen on sending sorcerers into combat.

Furthermore, you have 2 warriors familiars, which is illegal.

Split your horsemen into 3 units with flails. Spears suck and fast cav doesn't get any rank bonuses. I'd also get some marks and some warhounds.

Terrokhan
28-05-2009, 08:16
Okay Witchblade. Thank you for your advice. I have edited my list.

I agree that while a shaggoth is not competitive in larger games he is a big choice for a 1250pt game. His psychological impact on my opponents troops (terror) and also my opponent himself (probably being the major target of projectiles) makes him a good pick.

I have removed the warrior familiar from the 2nd sorcerer and have fielded him just to up my armies magic defence (2x dispel).

While you say that the sorcerer would not be very effective in combat I think if you compared my general to a Exalted Champion you would be surprised. Blasphemous amulet makes all enemy units in base contact (large base due to daemonic steed) take a toughness test at every friendly magic stage (before combat) and if failed, lose a wound with no armour saves allowed. Warrior familiar inflicts an automatic hit of strength 5. Also he would use the lore of fire and if rolled he may get the sword of fire spell which gives +1 attack, +3 strength and all attacks hit on 2+. This makes him a far more dangerous character in combat then an Exalted Champion with the best magic items.

The reason I wanted ranks and more Horsemen in the general's unit was to provide "cannon fodder" to protect the general from shooting and also to ensure that he doesnt lose combat. As you said that fast cavalry do not get rank bonus' the option of giving Horsemen both light armor and a shield negates their fast cavalry rule meaning they not only have a decent 4+ armor save but do get the bonus of the extra rank.

More comments are welcome. Let me know that changes you would make.

edit: due to a miscalculation, by removing the add. handweap from the shaggoth I could afford a unit of warhounds.

ROCKY
28-05-2009, 11:06
not that competitive. ur magic is useless so i would take either two COMPETENT sorcerers or one caddie and an exalted. the two wizards u take should be tzeentch wizards give one the collar of khorne (5+ward save and Mr2) and a power familiar the other should have the book of secrets and a scroll (and a barded steed). take two units of marauder horse men (5) with flails and MoS= 160points
give the knights MoK and 2 units of hounds. drop teh shaggoth and get 2 spawn or scyla.

jme
28-05-2009, 11:37
I like the list. Its nice to see something different as opposed to the many copy and paste armies seen.
The only thing that looks strange is the sorcerer on foot. He really should be on a horse. I know he is only a caddie, but as your army is quite fast having him on foot at the back of the army will look, well strange!
I might have to try this army out it looks like fun!
Nice one!

Terrokhan
28-05-2009, 13:32
I like the list. Its nice to see something different as opposed to the many copy and paste armies seen.
The only thing that looks strange is the sorcerer on foot. He really should be on a horse. I know he is only a caddie, but as your army is quite fast having him on foot at the back of the army will look, well strange!
I might have to try this army out it looks like fun!
Nice one!

Thanks man! I put alot of thought and planning into this list and think the theme of cavalry + dragon ogres is cool and effective. Also the combat sorcerers for the pure reason of extra dispel dice for a fast moving cavalry force is surprising for my opponent while offering decent magic defense against heavy magic armies (daemons/VC)

I agree that the caddie needs a mount, I have edited the list.

Makina
28-05-2009, 14:20
Why not replace the Shaggoth with a MoS Giant? Much more competitive and it does the same your Shaggoth does.
I agree on dropping those 8 marauder horsemen, I just don't see that working very well.

Terrokhan
29-05-2009, 00:54
Why not replace the Shaggoth with a MoS Giant? Much more competitive and it does the same your Shaggoth does.
I agree on dropping those 8 marauder horsemen, I just don't see that working very well.

Okay, if I was to replace the shaggoth with a giant I could also replace the Dragon Ogres with normal Ogres with chaos armour and great weapons which have 1 less movement, 1 less str, 1 less wound but the same number of attacks for 27 pts less each.

If I remove the 8 Horsemen where would my general ride? By Himself or should I consider taking him in a charriot?

Any ideas?

Terrokhan
29-05-2009, 07:30
I have edited the list, Let me know if this is a more competitive army.

Terrokhan
02-06-2009, 02:06
Any more suggestions?

Terrokhan
03-06-2009, 23:55
>>>>>>>>>>>>>
bump