PDA

View Full Version : So the three Hunters...

Sedge
28-05-2009, 08:07
Has anyone used this legendary formation yet? They do look quite handy for their points cost. Do we have any tips or pointers on there usefulness or use?

I am alos intrested in anyones experiences in using some of the other odd formations, the White council, the fellowship, the five wizards etc.

skarsniktheunclean
28-05-2009, 09:32
the three hunters are really good fo their points,in my first game they charged a mordor troll and killed it in 1 turn,tyhen in the following turn they charged an uruk-hai formation in the flank and killed them allin 1 turn also.

The 2nd game they did jack all,and got shot to hell,but that was my fault because i didnt read that they had enchanted cloaks.

Overall i definatley think they are worth their points,i would gladly use them over aragorn.

cheers
matt

ElfLord38
11-06-2009, 08:29
The three hunters definitely are very good for their points cost and are excellent at taking down roving monsters and smaller formations etc. However, they are only defence 5 so I would never send them into a large block of infantry and would punch myself if I got charged by cavalry (lances etc...) If you do wish to field the Three Hunters I would suggest the Mithril Coat fortune as it will boost your heroes to R4! Meaning the enemy needs more hits, and with them striking as monsters it can result in great losses for your oppponent and little loss for you.

I think the Council of Wizardry and White Coucill are very good. However, I would go for the Fellowship as they are better all round and you still benefit from magic - Gandalf. Though these lagendary formations are excellent I would not include them in a battle smaller than 3000pts, just because of their points cost.

The Three Hunters however, are something I would consider. Especially if theme etc allowed it!

Edonil
11-06-2009, 23:38
Mithril Coat isn't an option for them... if I recall correctly, they operate as a monster, and Mithril Coat specifically says no to monsters. And even if they aren't a monster, you have to pick one Hero for it.

Angelust
12-06-2009, 05:54
Yeah, that'd be pretty ridiculous to be able to mithril coat them. If it were possible, why not mithril coat the fellowship or something... :-p

Axis
15-06-2009, 02:00
For their points you do get an awful lot of might.. use it well and they definitely are worth it