PDA

View Full Version : Naestra and Arahan immortality in challenges

Grunge
28-05-2009, 10:24
I know no one uses special characters seriously but, if you did, and lets say you challenge a super charged chaos lord on foot with naestra and arahan, and they challenge him. He must fight both, but he can't divide his attacks, so he can't possibly kill them both in one turn. The Chaos dude is only able to break them and pursue and hope he catches them, otherwise they are immortal in challenges!

Or am I wrong?

Gazak Blacktoof
28-05-2009, 10:34
Why can't the lord split his attacks?

Grunge
28-05-2009, 10:40
When a model attacks something he can't divide his attacks, all attacks must hit the same target. Or did I get this rule wrong?

ROCKY
28-05-2009, 10:46
meh use word of pain on one, and bitchslap the other. gg lol

The Red Scourge
28-05-2009, 10:51
Or am I wrong?

You are :)

Gazak Blacktoof
28-05-2009, 10:52
When a model attacks something he can't divide his attacks, all attacks must hit the same target. Or did I get this rule wrong?

That's wrong, have a look at p.32 in the rule book under "Which models fight?", second paragraph.

Kal Taron
28-05-2009, 10:59
Why would he not be able to target both? If they have to fight in the same challange (and their rules should say so) then he can freely choose whether to attack Naestra, Arahan or the mount. The funny thing is that even the most killy character has reasonable chances to leave one wound on one of them so that they both survive. Because they have no worthwhile save, killing them is still quite possible though.