PDA

View Full Version : 2250 Knight Heavy Brets

Fabreezio
29-05-2009, 14:37
Hey everyone, I'll start this out with an explanation.

I've bit hopping from one army idea to another army idea for the better part of two years now, only buying a few units of each before scrapping the idea. I've had a problem with sticktoitiveness.

I started with Dark Elves, then Empire, Dark Elves again, then Wood Elves and now.

Bretonnians.

I am sticking with this one, by god.

I've made a little list, my first one, for critiquing. So I hope you like it.

2250 Bret List

-Lord w/ Grail Vow, Lance, Virtue of Audacity, Sword of the Lady's Champion, Gromril Great Helm

~So this guy will go in with the Grail Knight's Lance along with the BSB. I've tailored this guy to kill big scary things, Hydras, Vargulfs, ect. Since he rerolls to hits and wounds on things with a strength higher then his base strength (4) and has a strength = to +1 the enemies toughness, he'll always be wounding on threes. Rerolling. He also has a 1+ rerollable armor save, which is a nice plus to make him harder to kill. Don't forget the blessing too

-BSB w/ Grail Vow, Virtue of Duty, War Banner

~This guy is there to make SURE that the Grail Knights break on the charge.

-Damsel of the Lady w/ x2 Dispel Scrolls

~Goes in to one of the Knights of The Realm units to replace the Knight in the middle of the Lance that doesn't do anything.

-Damsel of the Lady w/ x2 Dispel Scrolls

~Same as above.

-Damsel of the Lady w/ Chalice of Malfeur and a Dispel Scroll

~Same as above, but with the Chalice for the chance at that extra dispel dice.

-Knights of the Realm x8 w/ Musician and Standard Bearer

-Knights Errant x9 w/ Standard Bearer, Errantry Banner, and Musician.

~Primarily a beatstick lance to hit something with high toughness or otherwise.

-Pegasus Knights x4 w/ Musician, Standard Bearer

~Goes near the Errants to make sure they charge what they need to charge.

-Grail Knights x7 w/ Musician, Standard Bearer

~Like I said before, Lord and BSB go in here.

I think it goes without saything that all of the Knightly Units in here are in a three wide three deep lance formation, aside from the pegs of course.

In the end:

2208 pts (Not sure what to do with the last 42 points)

49 models, 45 of which are Knights.

5 PD
5/6 DD
5 Scrolls

What do you all think?

Dragon Prince of Caledor
29-05-2009, 17:01
Dont you have 5 scrolls inthat list? I think the magic defense migh be a bit overkill but I dont know your usual opponents.
Pegasus knights are good and a pain in the " " for anyone to deal with. Grailies are disgustingly good. I think a trebuchet or two would do you well. A grail relique makes a dandy speed bump. No scum? (men at arms) They are always fun to smash chariots into :P I guess I am just a bit special happy due to being coneheads.
In all truth bret core units are really good. All in all I think its a solid list.
Good luck

Slayerthane
02-06-2009, 18:53
It looks like you have 5 characters altogether. If I remember correctly you can only have 4 characters in a 2250pt list.

Malorian
02-06-2009, 18:58
It looks like you have 5 characters altogether. If I remember correctly you can only have 4 characters in a 2250pt list.

Brets get an extra one since they are forced to have a BSB.

I agree that you have too much magic defence for a knight heavy list. A single scroll caddie is all you need before you charge on turn 2.

DoomBringer
02-06-2009, 19:05
Dropping 2 caddies could give you a lot of points to use else where, since brets don't need much magic defense anyway, they are in combat in no time.