PDA

View Full Version : Blunderbuss

Ordo Hereticus
18-03-2005, 22:48
can the hole unit fire or just the front rank as per normal???

thanks

MVA
19-03-2005, 01:31
If we're talking about Chaos Dwarves? I think they're the only race that has access to 'blunderbusses' as a weapon option.

Both, sort of. The unit fires from the front rank, but the S value of the hits caused in the fire zone is determined by how many are in the unit (forming ranks)

jmurph
19-03-2005, 01:51
The rules for the blunderbuss are printed in the RH Chaos Dwarf list. It doesn't fire like normal missile weapons. Instead, it fires in a "box" that extends 12 inches from the front of the unit and has a strength that varies by the number of ranks.

User Name
21-03-2005, 02:38
I think there are also regular dwarf rangers in the recend bugmans campand in WD where they used blunderbusses, but they were skirmisher so I could be talking aobut the wrong unit.

WLBjork
02-04-2005, 19:04
There were rangers with BBs in Bugmans Lament.

Those BBs were... sick. I want some in my regular Dwarf army. What was it, Artillery Dice, half the number and that's the number of S3 -1AS hits inflicted on the target?

anarchistica
02-04-2005, 19:59
There were rangers with BBs in Bugmans Lament.

Those BBs were... sick. I want some in my regular Dwarf army. What was it, Artillery Dice, half the number and that's the number of S3 -1AS hits inflicted on the target?
Yup, 12" range and BB destroyed & bearer S3 hit on misfire. I wonder how GW want you to keep track of this, perhaps they want you to buy 2 models for all of your Mountain Rangers, the substitute not having a blunderbuss? :D

Ordo Hereticus
03-04-2005, 10:48
no i mean i know the ruling of blunderbusses as in the 12" firing zone infront of them and that the strength increases per rank but i mean is it only the front rank of the unit that can fire or can people in the ranks behind the front one fire aswell?? or do they go along with the rules for all the other missle weapons??

anarchistica
03-04-2005, 14:04
Dude, you get the S increase from the back ranks. The unit as a whole fires which results in the firing zone.

Gotrek
04-04-2005, 04:41
they count as shooting i'd say but it's effect is that it increases the str of the shots instead of further hits.

Sgt John Keel
05-04-2005, 12:00
I don't see the problem. AFAIK, everything in the Blunderbuss' shooting zone has a chance of being hit, so the notion of the back ranks shooting or not is unneccesary beyond that they infer a S increase.

/Adrian

Edit: Or are you wondering if the Chaos Dwarfs can shoot to the back without turning? If so, no.