Amdr, Lord of Blades

Easterling Archer Cohort x4
Khaml the Easterling

Easterling Kataphrakt Cohort x4
Easterling Captain
Banner Bearer
Banner of Barad-dr

Mordor Troll

What point levels do most people play at?

Emissary
30-05-2009, 02:11
Most people are playing at 1,500 points right now. The suggestions below are for the 1,000 point army.

As for your army, you need more formations and companies. You'll get swamped with what you have. I'd aim for another formation of pikes or swordsmen.

I'd drop the captain in Amdur's unit and try to get 2 more companies of pikes.

Drop Khamul completely and split the archers into 2 units. 3 companies in each formation would be a bit better. I don't think that 2 epic heroes is a good idea in most armies at 1,000 points, especially armies that have a higher per company cost like easterlings.

Bump the Kataphrakts up to 6 companies and drop the banner of barad-dur. Battle Standards aren't that great.

The mordor troll isn't that necessary either. It's easy to kill. I'd trade it out for some half-trolls with great weapons. If you want a monster either a troll chieftan or chariot king would be better as the might gives them a lot more options.

tealzooka
31-05-2009, 02:46
Thanks for the help. here my second list.

Easterling Cohort with pike x5
Easterling Dragon Knight
Amdr, Lord of Blades

Easterling Archer Cohort x3

Easterling Archer Cohort x2

Easterling Kataphrakt Cohort x5
Easterling Captain
Banner Bearer

Khandish Mercenary Raiders x5
Khandish Chieftain
Banner Bearer

The 1/2 troll unit is a little out of my price range right now but i will be adding it at 1500. Does the troll capt effect them?

Emissary
31-05-2009, 13:27
That list looks a lot better. You really don't need the dragon knight in Amdur's unit as they both do the same thing: dueling. I'd just move him over to the kataphrakts and use him with the captain.

Do you have the khandish guys already? If not, I think the harad ones are better as they come with lances. The khands aren't bad, just looking to help you wallet a bit and for a slight bump in melee effectiveness at the expense of shooting.

The troll chieftan won't affect half trolls as their race is man rather then troll.

tealzooka
01-06-2009, 03:07
Thanks for all your help and advice.