PDA

View Full Version : Wood elf 2000pts tournament

Jesse
27-12-2005, 13:30
HIghborn
Spirit sword, enchanted shield, alter, light armour, helm of the hunt, gwythercs horn

Spellsinger
lvl 2
dispel scroll

Spellsinger
level 2

Noble
Elynett's Brooch, spear of twilight, great weapon, light armour (joins EG)

5 Glade Riders

10 Glade Guard

10 Glade Guard

12 Glade Guard

12 Glade Guard

14 Eternal Guard
Full command

9 Wardancers

5 Wild Riders
War Banner, standard

7 Waywatchers

1993 points
6 casting, 4 dispel,
88 models

bored1
27-12-2005, 15:08
-for a tournament list, I'd worry about magic. One scroll and 4 dice isn't going to cut it against even moderately magic heavy lists. Life lore, heavens lore, Big Waaagh, some High magic, and slaanesh lore are all serious problems for your list.

-What do you do about fast, mounted characters (read: flying monster mounts)? Assuming an intelligent opponent, it will be tough catching them, they can kill any of your units singly, and there isn't really a reliable response in your list.

-Your magic offense isn't all that optimal. A scroll caddy can shut you down effectively for 2 turns. Decent mage hunting could then become an issue.

Jericho
27-12-2005, 22:32
It looks like the Alter is capable of being that flying monster killer. 18" charge, 6 S4 attacks on the charge that would automatically and have a chance of doing extra wounds based off that Ld+d6 roll-off. 3+ save and the one use only immune to psychology for a turn is pretty respectable too.

As a side note: Isn't the great weapon on the character a bit redundant? I don't think he can't use it so long as he has a magic weapon. And with those points left over you could buy a musician for your Glade Riders or Wardancers.

bored1
28-12-2005, 03:57
He has an 18" charge range. Sure he's maneuverable, but so are the 20" flyers. Plus, relying on the d6 roll is more than a bit dicey. I guess my problem with the alter lord is that many of the better lists can nullify him relatively easily.

Drake Dun
28-12-2005, 05:15
One character cannot carry two pieces of magic armor, by the way.

Drake

MEGALOMANIKER
28-12-2005, 12:22
You are in lack of some hard-hitting unit. Your best unit is probably the wild riders, wich the opponent should be able to figure out and thereby take it out as soon as possible.

If you can't find a way to solve this problem then think about adding some warhawk riders. They will be very good for you in combination with the rest of your army. Even if you change the ww into a treeman it would work (isn't saying that you should do that but anyway...).

Have forgotten what they cost but if you wanna know what troop to drop it's a unit of Glade guards. And change the other into a 10-unit. Or maybe the Glade riders, but I would recommend the other suggestion.

Have forgotten the name of it but haven't wood elves some item that they get +1 dipel dice? Sprite something maybe...?

Take away the great weapon.

bored1
28-12-2005, 21:11
One character cannot carry two pieces of magic armor, by the way.

Drake

What are the 2 items? Note the rules for enchanted shield.

Jericho
28-12-2005, 21:37
The rulebook says you can't take magic armor and shield UNLESS the rules say otherwise for the specific items. The Enchanted Shield says it can be taken in combination with other magic armors. It's the only exception to the rule that I'm aware of.

For me it's not a big deal, seeing as how my Dogs of War can only take common magic items anyway... but it can certainly come in handy.

Drake Dun
29-12-2005, 08:08
Ahah. I never noticed that before. I am beginning to see why people get so excited about this strange business of "reading the rules."

Drake