PDA

View Full Version : Scar vet Pirhana?

RED9335
30-05-2009, 09:53
Can someone tell me what this build consists of?

Shamfrit
30-05-2009, 10:08
Scar Veteran
Cold One, Light Armour
Piranha Blade, Enchanted Shield

0+ Save, 4 WS5 STR5 attacks which cause 2 wounds each.

Flesh Hound killer :D

RED9335
30-05-2009, 10:10
Thanks I was trying to figure out what everyone was talking about with that build, I like it.

Shamfrit
30-05-2009, 10:14
This thread needs to be moved to Fantasy General though I think?

Ultimate Life Form
30-05-2009, 10:30
Sounds exactly like the build I was looking for.:D

Shamfrit
30-05-2009, 11:44
Of course, WS5 means you're hitting other heroes on 4 and always going last virtually, which is what the Toughness 5 + 0+ save is for...

This guy either rubber lances or obliterates, so far the best he's done for me is wipe out a unit of Flesh Hounds on the charge, and inflict (with instability wounds included) 17 wounds on a unit of Fiends in one turn!

Jetty Smurf
31-05-2009, 17:22
Do the "doubled" attacks go through to other RnF's? I was told that even if I do 5 wounds on my scar-vet and they all go through and get doubled, that I only kill 5 RnF who each have 1 wound.

Is this correct?

Gaargod
31-05-2009, 18:32
Yes.

Double wounds (or D3 wounds etc) only apply to models which can actually take those wounds.

Basically, you rip the hell out of RnF, but it doesn't help you

Jetty Smurf
02-06-2009, 15:55
This guy has got to be my most favourite hero/character/unit so far.

I am playing sub-2k games at the moment and he is my MVP.

He has defeated every enemy general he has come up against and always seems to make back more than his points. I highly recommend him for any and every lizardmen army sub-2k. I have yet to see what he can do in the 2k+ games, but I am hoping not much changes.

Malorian
02-06-2009, 15:57
I like it with banehead rather than enchanted shield so that even the lord will go down if scratched ;)

Time of Madness
02-06-2009, 16:09
I'm with malorian here! Bane head is a much better option then the enchanted shield. A 1+ save is good enough.

I like the sword of hornet as ASF is great for the slow hitting scar vet.

Time of Madness

Jetty Smurf
02-06-2009, 18:13
I like it with banehead rather than enchanted shield so that even the lord will go down if scratched ;)

If I remember correctly, that means that (due to piranha blade) every unsaved wound does 3 wounds?

Sounds good to me. I might try and make that change when I start playing 2k+ games. Right now, there are no heroes that can stand up to his 4 WS5 STR5 attacks with the doubled unsaved wounds.

As for the Sword of the Hornet, I currently have a 1 in 3 chance of facing HE's which makes that a useless 35pts. On the other hand, having a 0+ AS means he can withstand just about anything that can be thrown at him and then attack back with no problems :)

Malorian
02-06-2009, 18:28
If I remember correctly, that means that (due to piranha blade) every unsaved wound does 3 wounds?

Personally I believe that 1X2X2=4 but I know some people here on warseer think it should only do 3 wounds.

Either way even an ogre tyrant with 5 wound would go down after just two 'regular' wounds.

Jetty Smurf
02-06-2009, 19:05
Yeah I believe there was a FAQ somewhere stating 3 wounds. That, or some of the warseer members made out that there was such a FAQ. I read a lot of stuff on forums and the internet in general, and I can't be 100% sure of the source of the info.

I would love for it to do 4 wounds, but that does seem rather overpowered, even if warranted. Either way, you are right, just 2 'regular' wounds would down just about anything really ;)

Malorian
02-06-2009, 19:11
Well there is no new LM faq, and it's not in the old one, and it's not in the general Feb2009 faq...

Jetty Smurf
02-06-2009, 19:14
Thank you for looking it up :)

I'm guessing it was just a regular Lizardmen forum/thread that I read that in.

Which would/do you play? 4 wounds or 3 wounds?

Malorian
02-06-2009, 19:17
Oh I'm in the 4 camp for sure.

You do one wound, piranha blade doubles it, and bane head doubles it against a single model... so, 1X2X2=4.

This actually rarely comes up though.

Jetty Smurf
02-06-2009, 19:21
Sounds good to me.

I don't mean to derail the thread, but what is the go with the Bane Head?

I mean, do you write down who the target of it is after deployment but before the battle begins? Do you then show what you wrote down to your opponent once the Bane Head comes into play?

How exactly does one go about using the Bane Head and making sure they are themselves kept honest?

Malorian
02-06-2009, 19:28
I know one opponent who just tells the other person.

Personally I just make a mental note (plus it's pretty much always the lord), but if you were going to a tournament you would just write it down.

Jetty Smurf
02-06-2009, 19:36
The only issue I can see is that if you are not writing it down beforehand, then you begin the game and foresee that you will not enter CC with the chosen target, what is to stop you from just "changing" the target to a character you will enter CC with?

Uh... that was a rather long winded question... but you get my drift.

I guess in the case of directly telling the opponent there are 2 issues here.
1. Can you be sure that they are telling the truth?
2. It can have an effect on the other player in that they might change their tactics in order to prevent and CC from happening between their targeted character and the character carrying the Bane Head.

Malorian
02-06-2009, 19:42
Well if your opponent hides that model from your banehead character then it has done it's job already. (Run chaos lord run! hehe...)

Most armies are only made up of 1, and sometimes 2, wound models. So for the most part the double wounds from the piranha blade covers everything. Since the lord is most likely going to be the only one with more than 2 wounds then the choice should be obvious anyway.

In the case where you might be tempted to change (against ogres or some monster) then if your friends don't trust you then you can always write it down.

Jetty Smurf
02-06-2009, 19:45
Ahh... but they will always trust me the first time ;)

Not saying I will cheat, but just asking what the norm is for this kind of thing.

As suggested by my posts, I have yet to use the Bane Head because, to be perfectly honest, it never occurred to me to use it with my Scar-Vet. That being said, he has yet to need more than 1 round of combat vs any hero and actually require more wounds, even if for overkill CR. Speaking of which, the double wounds from the blade and the double wounds from the bane head do add to overkill for CR, do they not?

Malorian
02-06-2009, 20:28
They would :)

So against a typical hero you need to only do 2 regular wounds before you are getting the full +7 CR (2 wounds and 5 overkill), and the same goes for lords give +8 CR (3 wounds and 5 overkill).

Nasty... and you should see their face when a lone scar vet can not only run in and kill their lord, but also break the unit he was in due to crazy CR :D

Kalec
03-06-2009, 01:02
Write down the target for banehead on a piece of paper, make sure your opponent knows this, and put the paper face-down somewhere you can both see. Keeps both sides honest.

Jetty Smurf
03-06-2009, 06:34
Yeah I do like the idea of the writing down to keep everyone honest, but doesn't that also let them know one of your chars has the bane head?

As for the breaking units, I will definitely try out the piranha blade + bane head build in order to get the most out of the CR he can put in my favour :)

Jushak
03-06-2009, 09:35
Yeah I do like the idea of the writing down to keep everyone honest, but doesn't that also let them know one of your chars has the bane head?

Then again, part of the power of the item is exactly that: Giving your opponent something to think about, possibly making him go overly protective of his most prized characters.

Gork or Possibly Mork
03-06-2009, 23:37
Then again, part of the power of the item is exactly that: Giving your opponent something to think about, possibly making him go overly protective of his most prized characters.

Especially when your Slann can easily cast Rule of Burning Iron on his BSB with the +1 PD ability. Freeing up other nastier unit wrecking spells. Then swoop in with the Scar-vet and smash the Lord in a challenge.;)