PDA

View Full Version : 2500 pts lizardmen first try

VeriNasti
30-05-2009, 13:32
As the title says this is my first try with lizzies, hope this is good

Lord
Slann - focus mystery, unfathomable prescence, transcedent healing, higher state of consciousness, diadem of power, divine plaque of protection, dispell scroll 505

Hero
Priest - lvl 2, plaque of tepok, talisman of protection 130
Priest lvl 2 100
Scar Veteran - light armour, piranha blade, enchanted shield, cold one 160

Core
19 skinks - javelin and shield, a priest goes here 144
18 saurus - spears, FC 246
17 saurus - Fc, spears, priest goes here 234

Special
5 cold one cavalry - FC, jaguar standard, scar veteran goes here 3250
18 temple guard - FC, war banner 348
5 terradon riders 150
Stegadon 235

Total 2502

I will probably use these guys to make up smaller armies as well

artyboy
30-05-2009, 19:49
Your characters are kinda screwy. The focused rumination and becalming cognition are the two best slann diciplines. You took neither. I would recommend to anyone that you should take these two before you take any other disciplines. Also, save stuff like the diadem of power and dispel scrolls for your skink priests. The divine plaque of protection is OK. Your slann has 5 wounds a 4+ ward save and he's in a unit of temple guard, though, so he's going to be tough to take out with shooting whether you take it or not. Cupped hands of the old ones is awesome. It's always my first magic item choice for a slann. Power stones are good. You might as well make him a BSB and give him either Sun standard of Chotek, a war banner or maybe that standard that makes enemy wizards stupid.

As far as I'm concerned priests aren't much more than scroll caddys. I usually take Plaque of Tepok and a dispel scroll on one and Diadem of Power and a dispel scroll on the other. The scar vet looks good.

A skink priest in a unit of saurus? I dunno if I'd do that. I guess there's nowhere else to put it, though. 18 temple guard seems like an odd number. The slann takes up 4 slots in the unit so I usually just run 16 of them 5x4 or 20 of them 5x5.

Gaargod
30-05-2009, 21:15
Full command on... more or less everything?

Personally i've found champions at the very least to be ineffective for the amount of points they cost. Especially on Cold ones, they cost a lot as it is.

That's a lot of skinks in one unit. I'd say split them into 2 units of 10 - that way they can contest table quarters, and you don't feel as bad if you sacrifice the poor buggers.

I'd agre with Artyboy on the Slann - plaque of protection in TG is a bit of a waste, as is Transcendent Healing and Higher State of Consciousness. Swap them for Focused Rumination (which should be an automatic choice on any slann) and Becalming Cogitation. He DEFINITELY does not need Diadem of Power, stick in on a skink priest.
My favourite combo is: Slann with Beclaming Cogitation, Focus of Mystery, Focused Rumination, Bane Head, Cupped Hands of the Old Ones, BSB, war banner. Maybe add on 2 power stones if I feel ike it.

Talisman of Protection on a skank priest seems a bit weird. As you already have a stegadon, why not try to find an extra 55pts to put him on an EotG. Perhaps take off a terradon - i'd say 4 is optimal size for them.

VeriNasti
30-05-2009, 23:51
Thanks for the feedback guys,
How is this -

Lord
Slann - focused rumination, becalming cognition, unfathomable prescence, focus of mystery, cupped hands of the old ones, bane head, power stone 515

Hero
Priest - lvl 2, plaque of tepok, talisman of protection 130
Priest lvl 2 - EOTG, 2 dispel scrolls 440

Core
2 x 10 skink skirmishers - javelin and shield 160
18 saurus - banner, musician, spears 234
16 saurus - banner, musician, spears 210

Special
5 COC - banner, musician, jaguar standard - 205
16 temple guard - banner, musician, war banner 298
5 terradon riders 150

Total 2502

BTW, do you guys know of any cheaper conversions for the riders?

VeriNasti
02-06-2009, 00:54
Anyone there?

Gork or Possibly Mork
02-06-2009, 01:07
Drop unfathomable prescence and maybe get a skink unit with the points.
Drop Talisman of protection on the skink priest. You'll need to be very lucky to save with it.
Give the dispel scrolls to the Slann which is much safer. and give Plaque to your EOTG. Much better on him.

I would just keep blowpipes for the skirmishers. Against large targets you'll be glad you did with all those extra shots.;)

Drop terradons to 3 and get a salamander.

VeriNasti
02-06-2009, 03:17
Slann - focused rumination, becalming cognition, focus of mystery, cupped hands of the old ones, bane head, power stone 465
Priest - lvl 2, 100
Priest lvl 2 - EOTG, 1 dispel scrolls plaque of tepok 430

3 x 10 skink skirmishers 210

18 saurus - banner, musician, spears 234
16 saurus - banner, musician, spears 210

Special
5 COC - banner, musician, jaguar standard - 205
16 temple guard - banner, musician, war banner 298
3 terradon riders 190

Rare
Salamander 75

Total 2490 - 2500?

Don't have book on hand atm.
Think scrolls on priests fine personally

VeriNasti
03-06-2009, 06:00
Why are my lists always ignored??:cries:

Gork or Possibly Mork
03-06-2009, 06:15
Why are my lists always ignored??:cries:

What do you mean? 3 people replied.:D Your doing better than my painting thread of my EOTG. Only 2 people replied:cries:

VeriNasti
03-06-2009, 07:48
Lol, when i posted my DE list no one replied
BTW how is the new and revised list?