PDA

View Full Version : Dirt Cheap O&Gs!!

Malice&Mizery
31-05-2009, 12:54
I got myself a nice deal last night on some O&G's.

I managed to pick up all this for 50 from a friend of a friend:

Orc and Goblin army book
Grimgor Ironhide
Borgut Facebeater
Skarsnik & Gobbla
Orc Warboss on Boar
N.Gobbo Shaman
N.Gobbo Warboss x3
Old metal Fanatics x3
30 Orc Boyz
60 N.Gobbos
20 Black Orcs
10 Spider Riders
10 Wolf Riders
Rock Lobba
Giant

So, I was wondering if any of you can help me make a list with what I have just aquired :)

I have little to no experiance using O&G's, so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

sirbone
31-05-2009, 13:30
I got myself a nice deal last night on some O&G's.

I managed to pick up all this for 50 from a friend of a friend:

Orc and Goblin army book
Grimgor Ironhide

use him as your general, as a big boss or warboss depending on points. You can either stick him in the black orc unit to make a big meaty fighty unit, or put him in the unit of boys, which will give you two fighty units rather than one really fighty one

Orc Warboss on Boar

Try and convert into BSB

N.Gobbo Shaman
N.Gobbo Warboss x3

the former- these are brilliant to use as scroll caddies if you need them- otherwise, take a few madcap mushrooms and see how it works out
the latter- Use as bigbosses, shove one in a big unit of night goblins if you don't fancy taking a shaman

Old metal Fanatics x3

Put 2 in the NG unit of 35 with a shaman, another in the one without

30 Orc Boyz

keep these in one big unit of 30 with choppas and shields, joined by the bsb on boar

60 N.Gobbos

I'd go with one unit of 35 and one of 25. Put a shaman or big boss in the larger unit. No need for full command, just take musician, and maybe champion to deflect challenges in the larger unit

20 Black Orcs

use these as general's body guard- or conversely leave them on their own and put the general in the unit of normal boys

10 Wolf Riders

split these into two units of 5 with bows and a musician and use to screen/march block

Rock Lobba

use this, very helpful- though you might want to get 2 spear chuckas also

Giant

not particularly useful in small games, though very fun

So, I was wondering if any of you can help me make a list with what I have just aquired :)

I have little to no experiance using O&G's, so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

I'm really rather jealous of your acquisition- well done! enjoy the waaagh!

Crube
31-05-2009, 13:31
Thread moved (with jealousy at your acquisition) to Fantasy Tactics

Crube
The Warseer Inquisition

Gaargod
31-05-2009, 18:30
Damm, that's over 100 of stuff. Quite easily. Probably closer to 200 now that i think about it.

Oh, and i'd say if you're taking a large unit of N. Goblins, give them FC and netters. With a hero in there, they're actually suprisingly decent at holding a charge, which people don't expect from goblins. Fanatics help too.

Rokkit
01-06-2009, 11:48
Damm, that's over 100 of stuff. Quite easily. Probably closer to 200 now that i think about it.

With a lack of better things to do, I calculated the value using the GW website.

The total price would amount to: 273.9

Notes on certain prices: Didn't find metal fanatics, so those should be added. With the orc boyz, I used the 19-regiment one, rounded it to 20, then added half of another group to the price. I also assumed the black orcs were plastic. I used the metal orc boss on boar instead of the newer plastic one, due to there not being a second orc boss anywhere.

Congratulations on a fine deal indeed. ;)

Having done this calculation, the rest of the thread should now be able to focus on the use of the units; my own post pardoned for slightly derailing. :p

WarlockOMork
01-06-2009, 12:32
lol, thats on hell of a deal *jealous*

i agree on make two units of night goblins, (30 each) and put 2 fanatics in one, and 1 in the other.

also give em nets, Must have nets!.

with your current heroes i'd take Grimgor to be the leader, use borgut as a hero,
also use the warboss as a hero, (convert to BSB if possible)
and bring a shaman caddy :)