PDA

View Full Version : [1250][Hybrid][WotR]

Mephaine
31-05-2009, 16:16
Howdy ya all I am back with my third list but for once it aint all Dwarves. Instead I have gone for the "Ride for Ruin" idea and went with Rohan. I at last used my brains deciding on a force and I like this one so here it is.

1250 Rohan/Dwarven Holds

Epic Heroes
General: Eorl the Young 135 points
Eomer 90 points
Deorwine 50 points

Common Formations
Dwarven Kindband; 3 Companies, Shieldbearer 145 points
Dwarven Kindband; 3 Companies, Shieldbearer 145 points
Riders of Rohan Eored; 4 Companies 120 points
Rohan Royal Knights; 4 Companies, Banner Bearer 175 points
Rohan Royal Knights; 4 Companies, Banner Bearer 175 points
Oathsworn Bowmen; 4 Companies 80 points
Oathsworn Bowmen; 4 Companies 80 points

Fortune: Desperate Heroics 50 points

Total: 1245 points

Ok guys as you can see lots of companies, a balance between defence and offence.
So my reasoning for my Heroes. Eorl the Young for his points I love. He can boost his groups fight, his ability Hero of Legend is awesome along with Inspiring Hero he should hold my force together. Now Eomer and Deorwine. Again Eomer for the fact Strength 10 Cavalry ain't something to snuff at with his trusted guard Deorwine granting me Terror on the turn I charge. Now yes Defence 3 is so....eeep if the enemy has foes to strike back but this is Deorwine's use. He uses his epic sacrifice to save me and with his last point if Eomer is running low he refreshes with Desperate Heroics.
Now my Dwarves act as a strong back bone for my army to hold against the onslaught with the Bowmen happily giving them fire support. The Riders are my support unit for the Royal Knights so they can help sweep a charge if need be or perhaps a fall back unit for a hero. Other than this I have one concern. I am tempted to transfer my points from Desperate Heroics to make the Eorl's unit into, you would never guess, Sons of Eorl. So what you think? Seem ok or does it need some trimming and altering.