PDA

View Full Version : 2250 Lizardmen

Cobbicus
31-05-2009, 22:41
I'm deciding to start a Lizardmen army because at my local GW their is a lack of players that play them. They seem like a good list so I'm a bit confused as to why this is. Here's my first try at a 2250 list.

Slaan- focus of mystery, the focused rumination, the becalming cogitation, unfathomable presence, bsb, 2 power stones, bane head, cupped hands of the old ones=550

Skink Priest- lvl 2, 2 scrolls, engine of the gods=440

18 saurus warriors- musician, champion, spears=234

18 saurus warriors- musician, champion, spears=234

10 skink skirmishers=70

16 temple guard- full command, sun standard of chotec=331

4 terradons=120

4 terradons=120

1 salamander=75

1 salamander=75

total points=2249

what does everyone think?

Eulogy2
31-05-2009, 22:57
its a good start but you lack hammer units. terradons are great, but 8 is probably too many, 1 unit of 4 would do fine. id also probably drop one unit of saurus for a unit of cold one riders so you have another hammer unit to flank.

Cobbicus
31-05-2009, 23:51
Well dropping a unit of saurus for a unit of cold ones leaves me at 2 core choices. How ever I do agree that the list seems to lack a bit of hitting power. But 13 strength 4 attacks on the charge is pretty good.

Brando
01-06-2009, 01:52
Why wouldn't you take the terradons in a unit of 5? This makes it so they have to take two casualties in a single phase before they have to test for panic (as they would only take 20% casualties with a single death) and it also allows them to kill any units that flee through them (as then they are US5)...or are terradon's US 2 each now...can't remember.

Anyway, I would take them in a unit of 5 regardless so they are less succeptable to panic!

Gork or Possibly Mork
01-06-2009, 02:31
Why wouldn't you take the terradons in a unit of 5? This makes it so they have to take two casualties in a single phase before they have to test for panic (as they would only take 20% casualties with a single death) and it also allows them to kill any units that flee through them (as then they are US5)...or are terradon's US 2 each now...can't remember.

Anyway, I would take them in a unit of 5 regardless so they are less succeptable to panic!

Panic is not that big a deal since they are US2+ColdBlooded Ld, and they fly ( even in forest ). You should be able to keep them out of LOS or at the very least rack up penalties I.e. over half range, making a unit move to get LOS, and cover from terrain. If a wizard moves out the protection of thier unit to magic them then dropping rocks is a huge threat if the spell is not real effective.

4 is a good number. I use only units of 3 myself and do fine. 5 or more and they start to become expensive IMO.

Gaargod
01-06-2009, 09:24
Firstly, change the champions to standards in the saurus units. So, so much better.

I'd say drop a unit of 4 terradons and Unfathomable presence from the Slann. Gives 170 points, which is enough to buy 3 Kroxigor. Not the best hammer unit ever, but good enough to kill anything that has engaged saurus in the front.