PDA

View Full Version : Warseer Fantasy Campaign Turn 2/5

IcedCrow
01-06-2009, 00:43
Greetings generals

The forces of Order have successfully claimed the village of Lebracht and now march west to lay claim to Smallhof. The peoples' of the area cheer in celebration as inch by inch their land is taken back.

Your orders for turn 2 are to finish your march west to a battle objective known as Doomspike Manor.

The manor was once owned by a local lord and served as a supply house and fortification for the people in the area. It is now owned by the dread lord of nurgle known as Poxious the Vile.

This manor must be reclaimed for it contains key supplies to the enemy as well as tunnels that lead into the village of Smallhof itself. Your force, commander, has been tasked with claiming this vital area while the elector's main host attacks the village and Poxious' forces.

Forces of Destruction, you are tasked with holding this key battle point and to beat down the attacking dogs and send them on their way. The gods are watching and they are displeased...

The complete scenario can be found at http://warhammer.chrisnye.net

Malorian
01-06-2009, 14:40
Come on guys, lets make sure these empire dogs are kept at bay! ;)

IcedCrow
01-06-2009, 15:07
I have the manor house piece froM GW... I have the day off and am painting on it now ;)

FictionalCharacter
01-06-2009, 18:47
i really need to convince my main empire opponent to get in on this. malorian has given me so much battle report love; i must return the favor.

IcedCrow
02-06-2009, 11:42
The more the merrier.

Malorian
05-06-2009, 04:15
When is the cut of date?

We are planning to do it on wednesday, will that be ok?

IcedCrow
05-06-2009, 11:22
This scenario runs until June 22nd.

IcedCrow
07-06-2009, 21:29
We have a battle in... Chaos took the manor. Let's go!

IcedCrow
09-06-2009, 20:23
Bumpage. \m/

IcedCrow
10-06-2009, 20:26
I will be filming my battle Sunday and posting it on youtube ;)

Malorian
10-06-2009, 20:44
I'm having my game today :)

Morko is determined to take the tower!

Edit: My Empire player just bailed on me, so ti's have to wait until next week... although I'll try and do the mission against someone else today at the club.

Malorian
11-06-2009, 13:28
Sorry... no one wanted to do the mission with me (didn't like the size we were at, the fact that I had orcs with heavy armor, and the random game length)... so I'll have to do it next week.

IcedCrow
11-06-2009, 14:09
Ah you must hang with a lot of tournament-only players.

Malorian
11-06-2009, 14:36
To be fair my backup guy I was hoping to play was sick, and the others like things simple...

I WILL get that game in and get my result to you.

I won't let you down :)

IcedCrow
11-06-2009, 15:16
You have time =) I'm going to have a hard run this weekend. As I'm playing empire and my opponent is primarily slaaneshi warriors, I don't want to fight them in combat, but the big hill in the center of the table is going to cut my firing lanes so I'm going to have to think of something.

This may be a game where I take out the steam tank.

Malorian
11-06-2009, 15:23
Take greatswords and a couple of defensive combat characters.

Block/redirect him with knights and take that building as quickly as you can with the great swords.

Most likely even if he beats you in combat he won't be able to get you out of it.

Or if you want a sure thing then take a bunch flagallents and know they no matter how much he wins by he won't retake the building :)

IcedCrow
11-06-2009, 15:34
Kind of thinking this:

Core = 3 units of 10 gunners.
Greatswords led by general kitted out defensively.
Three wizards to counter the potential nasty 3 or so chaos wizards.
Steam Tank
Flagellents
Knights
Cannon or two

As slaanesh I cannot make them panic. I will have my tank and knights run next to each other and move my gunners up onto the hill first turn.

IT's a bit of an extreme army for me, as I normally prefer my legions of spear and sword but against chaos in a game where the terrain does not favor shooting, I need to get the job done quick.

Malorian
11-06-2009, 15:39
Looks like a good plan to me :)

Ultimate Life Form
15-06-2009, 05:52
And the results are in...

Through a combination of bad luck and poor unit choices I was not able to take the manor.:cries:

I wudda won if Victory Points had a say in this, but this way, I have the sad duty of reporting that Order gets another +4. It's all your fault, IcedCrow!

At least I was able to kill the enemy leader AND a pesky Mage in the process! Will teach them to mess with me!:skull:

Omegakai
15-06-2009, 08:18
Hey Iced. long time no see!

IcedCrow
15-06-2009, 11:41
My game is frozen on the table waiting to finish today. Right now it's still up in the air. I'm up against an MSU chaos warrior army with a slaaneshi wizard, tzeentch wizard, and Festus the Leech Master. I've managed to stave off the magic so far...

It's being filmed. Want to have it on youtube ;)

And omegakai... how's it going ;) I've been lurking. Good to see you.

IcedCrow
16-06-2009, 14:06
The imperial forces prevailed over Festus the Leech master and his minions. The manor was burnt to the ground and hopefully the other order players follow suit and back those chaos heathens into a wall!

Malorian
18-06-2009, 15:28
Battle report can be found here:

http://www.warseer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3688832&postcount=22

Morko and his orcs take the tower.

Orcs with heavy armo still have it and now that savage orcs have master spears that reroll to wound.

After repelling the empire Morko and his boyz head out to find more fun. That was of course until Morko slapped his head.

"Gahh! I forgotz ma wall't in da tow'r!" So with that the horde turns aroud to head back tot he city to find the warbosses wallet...

Once there they make a terrible discovery...

"Dem ummies are after da tow'r too! Dey must be afta ma wall't! WAAAGH!!!"

The orcs stormed forward and upon seeing them charge the empire forces started fring into them with their artillery and magic. The losses at first were reasonable but then a shell fell right in the middle of Morko's bodyguard killing almost all of them.

Spooked Morko retreated while his boyz cleaned up. Most note worthy of which were the savage orc spearmen who against all odds were cutting down men left and right.

Soon a white banner was being waved and the empire army left the field, leaving Morko to enter the tower and reclaim his wallet.

"Awww by Morks hairy ****!" The wallet was emptied and none of his shifty eyed men seemed to know where the money had gone...

IcedCrow
18-06-2009, 18:36
Good job =)

Looks like we had five overall battles played. Three were for the Order forces, two were for the Destruction forces overall.

Malorian
19-06-2009, 04:36
What?!?!? We are losing again?!?!

I'm starting to think Morko is fighting for the wrong side...

Ultimate Life Form
19-06-2009, 10:14
There is still time for your Orc boss to repent and turn into a peace-loving and benevolent hermit like Orgrimm Doomhammer did after Warcraft II.:wtf: (The end of Warcraft taking itself seriously.)

I will try to do better next time, but this time, the scenario heavily favored my opponent...:cries:

Malorian
19-06-2009, 12:16
I will try to do better next time, but this time, the scenario heavily favored my opponent...:cries:

What did you in? Was it greatswords?

IcedCrow
19-06-2009, 13:30
lol you mean those useless great swords everyone talked about?

I got my game done in turn 2 but that was because my opponent ran an MSU warrior list and had no real way to break my flaggelents and greatswords.

Malorian
23-06-2009, 03:55
When will game three be up?

IcedCrow
23-06-2009, 12:22
By next week