PDA

View Full Version : working, redone skaven list.

Chaseyboy1er
01-06-2009, 01:38
Warlord, desolated blade, warpstone armour, warpstone amulet, shield, heavy armour-199
Greyseer, Twisted crown, dispel scroll, 2 tokens, screaming bell-530

Warlock, gear minus pistols, deathglobes, stormdaemon-130
Warlock engineer, accumulator, condenser, blades, dispel scroll-110
Warlock engineer, accumulator, condenser, blades, dispel scroll-110
Assassin, Warpstone stars-155

29 clanrats, command, ratling gun-230
29 clanrats, command, warp fire thrower-245
35 clanrats, command, ratling gun-260
21 slaves, muscian-46
21 slaves, muscian-46
4 rat swarm bases-180
6 poison wind globadiers-60
5 night runners-25
5 night runners-25

10 jezzails-200
6 gutter runners-72
6 gutter runners-72

warp lightning cannon-100

points-2995
power dice-14
dispel dice- 7

Alright, here's my plan. The grey seer on bell, and the warlord are both going in the husky huge clanrat unit. I put him in there to eat faces, and the bell to cause havoc. Then, the warlock with the globes is going in the back of the same unit to be "skitterleaped" across the table to throw said bombs, cast lightning, and storm daemon stuff. then the other two warlocks are going in their own clanrat unit. I haven't decided if they're going in the back or front yet. The assassin is going to scout with the gutter runners, to throw all of his husky stars at people and eat faces. the rat swarms are going to screen the super husky unit. and the night runners are going to screen the other units of clanrats. then the jezzails are going to sit back on a hill and shoot stuff. same plan with the cannons.

Any think to ponder about?

Spirit
01-06-2009, 02:53
Rat swarm bases are next to useless for their points, buy something else instead.

fubukii
01-06-2009, 05:15
gutter runners need tunnel and posioned hw

Drop the bell.
never put 2 characters in the same uni skaven are too easy to kill and chase away, now your making a t3 unit with iffy armor 500+ points MIN on 1k with your bell.
Not enough clanrat blocks for 3k
not enough slave units
drop rat swarms
split globes to 3 x 2
drop assassin.
give warlord weeping blade, lose warpstone armor. gain bands of power. shield heavy armor, or get a enchanted shield instead of bands
give grey seer tenbreous cloak, eye of the horned rat and maybe a scroll
Give warlock with storm daemon the warpstone charm
Drop death globes.
drop the WFT

Chaseyboy1er
02-06-2009, 01:02
so i fixed it once again.

warlord, weeping blade, warpstone amulet, bands of power, heavy armour, shield-194
greyseer, twisted crown, warp scroll, 2 tokens-335

warlock, gear minus pistols, stormdaemon, deathglobes-130
warlock, gear minus pistols, scroll-110

24 clanrats, command-145
24 clanrats, command-145
24 clanrats, command-145
24 clanrats, command-145
24 clanrats, command-145
25 slaves, muscian-54
25 slaves, muscian-54
25 slaves, muscian-54
25 slaves, muscian-54
25 slaves, muscian-54
5 night runners-25
5 night runners-25
5 night runners-25
5 night runners-25

8 gutter runners, stars, tunneling-136
8 gutter runners, stars, tunneling-136
8 jezzails-160
8 jezzails-160

I'm at 2796 points. and i need to get to 3k.
any ideas of how to spend said points? also, any tweaks or such would be nice.

fubukii
02-06-2009, 06:02
tunnel teams are too big, drop them to 6 men

Lose regen on your seer you should never be in combat, and the tenb cloak is a 3+ ward vs shooting and magic.
make the jezzails 9 strong for panic
- add eye of the horned rat
- drop death globes.
- add warpstone charm so your storm daemon warlock doesnt miscast or fry himself
- right now your lists mages are ineffective, without tokens you cant cast with 3d6 ( you only have 2 pool dice and 4 warlocks meaning 2 of which are gimped with 2d6 only) which means they aren pumping out 2d6 str 5 hit spells. i would add the eye of the horned rat giving you 3 pool dice, and give the 4th lock 2 tokens so ensure for at least 4 turns he can 3d6 his spells.
- with left over points add another cannon and some weapon teams.

Chaseyboy1er
02-06-2009, 19:17
actually, this is probably one of the best lists for skaven. It's won so many tournaments and suck. the only think i need to add are weapon teams.

fubukii
02-06-2009, 19:39
its a good list but you did several things that are highly inefficent.

trust me you want 2d6 str 5 hits you almost never want the 1d6.
you want the eye
detah globes suck
the reroll is PRICELESS
- wpn teams ill agree with you on.
- the tunnel teams being 8 men is a bit overkill most crew are 3-4 men so 6 is the most oyu would get in. and if you plan on mage hunting 8 is too big of a unit to sacrafice to kill a mage. Trust me 5-6 is the magic number.

Chaseyboy1er
02-06-2009, 19:45
they're not just there to hunt war machines. tunneling units have other purposes also.

Chaseyboy1er
02-06-2009, 20:08
thanks butler, i feel like a douche for not taking said advice, not knowing it was you.

Chaseyboy1er
03-06-2009, 00:35
Warlord, weeping blade, warpstone amulet, bands of power, heavy armour, shield-194
Greyseer, eye of the horned rat, 3 tokens-290

warlock, gear minus pistols, storm daemon, warpstone charm-235
warlock, gear minus pistols, scroll, 2 tokens-130

24 clanrats, command, ratling gun-205
24 clanrats, command-145
24 clanrats, command-145
25 slaves, musician-54
25 slaves, musician-54
25 slaves, musician-54
25 slaves, musician-54
25 slaves, musician-54
5 night runners-25
5 night runners-25
5 night runners-25
5 night runners-25

5 tunneling gutter runners-75
5 tunneling gutter runners-75
9 jezzails-180
9 jezzails-180

points-2994
models-301
powerdice-13;15
dispel dice-8

happy_doctor
03-06-2009, 09:15
This is a very powerful, albeit boring skaven army; skaven have access to all kinds of colourful choices and give many tactical opportunities besides "blast with shooting and magic, then redirect survivors".

If this list is intended for friendly play (probable, as there are not many 3K tournaments), I'd suggest to experiment with some alternative choices.

-Characters: Seriously, 4 engineers? I liked the original assassin with warpstone stars you had in the list, he can scout ahead, march-block and is golden vs big monsters and ogre-sized creatures. You can never go wrong with a chieftain BSB, either, since his lead from the back rule means you can get a cheap +2 to your combat resolution without risking much.

-Core units: Things are getting a bit repetitive here. Why get 6 units of clanrats when you can substitute some with the faster and cheaper giant rat packs? Another choice to consider is a unit of Stormvermin, a very reliable unit and with great survivability for skaven. I'm not sure you need 5 units of slaves, these will end up getting in your way.. Swarms are useful once you get the hang of them, I always find something worthwhile to point them at. 2 Swarms are enough, though, no need to pay 180 points for a sacrificial unit.

-Special units: If you don't want to use plague monks and rat ogres (both of which can do good things for your army), I'd suggest at least making the tunnelers 3-strong and purchasing another unit of scouting gutter runners. The latter are important as they can deny scouting positions to the enemy by claiming them themselves.

All in all, I'm not saying that the army you've come up with won't win; I'm saying that the game will come down to dice rolling and will not motivate you to think of different strategies and cultivate your strategic skills.

ChaseyBoy27
03-06-2009, 10:43
i have no idea what those big words are that you used.

fubukii
03-06-2009, 12:24
im almost certain this list is meant for competitive play and is why you dont see variety. Gaint rats/monks/stormvermin are ok in friendly play but arent very good to take for efficiency purposes (as a clan rat + a slave is better then any of these, and giant rats are clanrats without armor :(?).

as for the list, looks pretty good extrememly close to something id run which means it should do wel used right. Checker boarding will be key and redirecting. Killing fast mobile units fast, and anything else that can greatly overwhelm your static cr. chaos knights are problematic in large numbers as its tough to kill them all and even 5-10 Knights of khorne can roll through most of your army( only your bands of power lock of PCB in the entire army have a chance to kill them really) one tactic i like to do is block avalueable unit with a expendable one. then have him charge them overrun into my rat block then on my turn shoot into the combat with everything (flank WLC shots are amazing :P)

in addition on a 4x8 table you may want to consider having that 6th slave unit to ensure you got the board edge to board edge deployment going for your checker board. i normall used 5 in 3k, but i used 3 cannons and 2 tunnel teams. ANother alternative you could do is take a 10man monk unit bare boned just to get 9 plague censer bearers, that has worked well for me in the past