PDA

View Full Version : Mounted characters in infantry block

Jushak
01-06-2009, 12:08
Quick simple(?) questions:

I've been thinkin about converting a Nurgle hero riding on palanquin as I love the idea for some reason. The M4 on the palanquin kind of forces me to stick him in with infantry, which led me to wonder about the following:

1. Look out sir! My memory of the rules is a bit hazy but I think I remember there being a rule about larger models not getting this roll in 6th edition when accompanied by smaller ones. Is this true, or more importantly, true in 7th edition?

2. Ranks. As the model takes space of 4 models in the group, does he count as 4 models for the ranks? For example:

CCPPC
CCPPC
CCCCC

C being chaos warrior and P marking the palanquin. Would the unit have 2 ranks or none? If none, how would the unit need to be formed to have ranks?

Both questions probably easy to find in the rulebook, but I'm currently waiting for my friend to return my copy :rolleyes:

Atrahasis
01-06-2009, 12:13
1. Characters get Look Out, Sir! as long as they are less than US5 and there are sufficient rank and file to shield them

2. 2 wide, 2 deep is the accepted (generally) method.

You don't need the rulebook to find these, since there are several threads in the first few pages of this forum with exactly the same questions and very similar titles.

TheDarkDaff
01-06-2009, 12:22
1. Atrahasis has it right

2. You won't find any support for this is the rulebook because it doesn't exist. The FAQ give you 2 "soft guides" with zero rules support on how it is generally accepted to deal with the situation of Characters on Larger bases in units with smaller bases.

Jushak
02-06-2009, 00:01
You don't need the rulebook to find these, since there are several threads in the first few pages of this forum with exactly the same questions and very similar titles.

I'll try and make a more thorough search next time then.

Thank you both for answers :angel: