PDA

View Full Version : Siren standard Vs Razordons?

dsw1
01-06-2009, 11:36
Now if I remember correctly, a unit being charged by a unit holding the Siren standard may not stand or shoot, only stand. Now Razordons HAVE to stand and shoot, so which rule over-rides which?

E.g. A unit of 5 seekers charge a unit of 3 razordons, the seekers have the siren standard and are charging from 11" away. Do they get shot up by the Razordons only viable reaction, or do they stand there doing nothing?

The wording of the siren standard is as follows
Any enemy unit charged by the bearer of this standard may choose only to hold as a charge reaction. they may not standard and shoot or voluntary flee. The banner has no effect if the bearer is found to be out of range.

I'm starting a Mono slannesh list so I'd like to see what people think about this problem?

Regards,
Dsw1

Nicha11
01-06-2009, 11:39
I believe they cannot stand and shoot, they would normally but Siren Standard over rules them.

slasher
01-06-2009, 12:03
D6 it as both special rules conflict with each other. - yes I know its a lame answer. :(

Shamfrit
01-06-2009, 12:43
The rules do not conflict at all! The Razordons only viable response is to declare a stand and shoot; obviously, they can't stand and shoot due to the Siren Standard, so they simply sit there, in much the same way they would have if they'd been found to be too near to the Seekers.

Siren Standard stops them, which makes it a nice counter, however, the seekers need to do some damage or get mauled in return :D

Tykinkuula
01-06-2009, 12:49
The siren standard essentially tells you what reaction you have to choose. However, since in this case the target unit has only one possible reaction, they can't choose at all, and should stand and shoot as normal.

I'm aware it could propably be argued either way, but since your opponent has already shot himself in the leg by takin razors instead of sallys, I'd happily go with this one. o/

PeG
01-06-2009, 13:25
D6 until FAQed

EvC
01-06-2009, 13:48
I'd say no stand and shoot in the same way as if they were being charged in any other situation where they couldn't stand and shoot (E.g. from under half the charge range), but can see it being played either way.

Nurgling Chieftain
01-06-2009, 14:31
Being unable to do something should beat being compelled to do the same thing. :p

T10
01-06-2009, 16:02
The Lizardman book says Barbed Razordons must Stand & Shoot if able to do so. Since the Siren Standard limits the unit to a Hold charge reaction, Stand & Shoot is not an available charge reaction.

To elaborate: The Razordon doesn't have the ability to to always Stand & Shoot. The charge reaction still needs to be a valid option.

-T10

stonetroll
02-06-2009, 00:22
The Lizardman book says Barbed Razordons must Stand & Shoot if able to do so. Since the Siren Standard limits the unit to a Hold charge reaction, Stand & Shoot is not an available charge reaction.

To elaborate: The Razordon doesn't have the ability to to always Stand & Shoot. The charge reaction still needs to be a valid option.

-T10

This is the only correct answer imo.

Masque
02-06-2009, 04:58
T10 for the win.

T10
02-06-2009, 06:19
: accepts award, bows, exits right :

-T10

Kevlar
02-06-2009, 07:25
Well if it says they "must stand and shoot if able to do so" then I suppose they are free to hold.