PDA

View Full Version : Does this Excecutioner unit work?

Death Korp
01-06-2009, 15:18
Hello guys :)

I am thinking of starting a Dark Elf army or a Guard army after the Summer (can get rid of some other projects, like my Warriors of Chaos!) and I was wondering how I could make one of my Favourite units in the army, Executioners, work with a couple of Characters too.

Here is what I proposed: (577pts)

*Dreadlord
-Soulrender
-Armour of Darkness
-Pearl of Infinte Bleakness

*Master
-BSB (Banner of Hag Graef)
-Heavy Armour
-Shield
-Sea Dragon Cloak

*16 Executioners
-Full Command

I think I would deploy the unit 6x3 to get a nice frontage to enemies.

The whole purpose of the unit is to get as many Great Weapon attacks as possible on the enemy before they even hit. The Dreadlord also has a Great Weapon with Armour Piercing so he can take out Chaos Lords in 1-1 combat. The unit is also ItP due to the PoIB, so it can charge fear causes like Grave Gaurd bunkers with no problem.

Only problem I can see with the unit is it will get shot at and not many good armour saves, but with 2x units of Repeater Crossbowmen, 2x Repeater Bolt Throwers and ASF, I think the enemy will have to come to me, and hopefully the enemy unit will have taken enough casulties before he/she strikes back!

What do you think?

DK

W0lf
01-06-2009, 16:47
Neither the dreadlord nor master can join the unit as they dont have the khanite rule.

If they could join then you would see exs alot more.

Death Korp
01-06-2009, 19:53
Damnit, my plan is flawed! :(

Looks like its Black Guard then or nothing...

DK

blackjack
01-06-2009, 21:27
Or invest in a Hag with the banner. I have seen a hag executioner squad rip through several games.

sulla
01-06-2009, 22:09
Plus, the unit is like a wind up toy. The frenzied hag means you don't even have to play the unit... your opponent can do it for you.:D