PDA

View Full Version : Just about to start...Traitor at last!

Warsurge
01-06-2009, 19:32
I am brand new to Warhammer 40K and I recently bought a Space Marine Strike Force and have gone back on my decision and have decided to go Chaos! Death to the false Emperor! Only thing is how am I able do make them look ...well "Chaosy" since they are Space Marines. I was thinking maybe buying some Chaos Space Marine back packs, some vehicle upgrade sprues, and some shoulder pads.

What do you guys think? Also is their any particular chapter that just grabs your attention and why? This would give me an insight as to what Legion to go.

Mannimarco
01-06-2009, 19:34
welcome brother!

death guard all the way, plenty of modelling oppertunities, rock hard on the table, quick and eay paint scheme

try to get yorself the forge world upgrade pack for a truly sweet looking army

typhus in a plague marine squad is just sick, (+d6 poisoned power weapon force weapon attackes)

Warsurge
01-06-2009, 19:37
Since they dont really look like Plague Marines (boils and sores) can they still count as them? I mean they would have the same colors and such but as far as the bloating goes it wouldnt show it.

Mannimarco
01-06-2009, 19:44
they do look like plague marines, with the bloated cracked armour, half decent paint scheme to finish it off

i use dheneb stone with a couple of washes of delvan mud and gryphonne sepia for a dirty look

besides theyre listed as death guard upgrade and all death guard are plague marines lol