PDA

View Full Version : Orcs Drift

Pages : [1] 2

sir_shvantselot
01-06-2009, 19:41
Photo Essays:
My Orc/Empire Armies against: Bernie Madoff, Beastmen, Vampire Counts, Tomb Kings, Daemons, Dark Elves, Ogres, Orcs, Dwarves, High Elves.

sir_shvantselot
01-06-2009, 20:31
I wasn't so lucky in an earlier encounter with a daemonette army.

sir_shvantselot
01-06-2009, 20:36
They were too powerful and I had no fanatics.

sir_shvantselot
01-06-2009, 20:42
Dark Elves are by far the hardest army to overrun.

sir_shvantselot
01-06-2009, 20:45
They may take our squigs, but they won't take our freedom!

Malorian
01-06-2009, 21:09
You can see more detailed battle reports in this forum.

http://warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=192892&page=6

So you're using the battle report thread to hold the pictures and the project thread to hold the reports? :confused:

Anyway, great pictures. All the armies are really well painted.

Picture reports are actually fun to read as long as there are pictures for each turn.

sir_shvantselot
01-06-2009, 21:13
Thanks about the pictures. To answer your question, I didn't realise there was a battle report page until someone mentioned it last night. I kind of feel stupid as I had posted my battle report on the painting log. I'm only going to post the best pics here. Not all of them.

sir_shvantselot
01-06-2009, 21:15
The joke about the pictures is that I used my mobile phone rather than a camera.

Malorian
01-06-2009, 21:39
The joke about the pictures is that I used my mobile phone rather than a camera.

Wow, that must be one great mobile phone :eek:

When I take pictures with mine you can only tell what it is if you squint and look through a crystal ball :p

selone
01-06-2009, 22:01
Indeed thats amazing for a mobile :)

Nuada
01-06-2009, 22:37
Why don't you try copying and pasting from your painting log over the top of these. Swapping them around.

You've already done the hard work of writting the report, pasting takes seconds :)

sir_shvantselot
02-06-2009, 08:30
Dark Elves.

Orcs vs Dark Elves. Another victory for Great Shaman Buttstinka!

The boarboyz get peppered to death by unit of multiple crossbows and whatever da effeminate elves call their spearchukka. the orcs move forward.

The squiggies, savage orc boyz and savage orc great shaman on chariot charge hydra. Hydra can't take the heat and just flees. Spearchukkas firing at large target and superbly skilled doomdiva take off 5, ye 5 wounds off said woofta of a hydra.

DE player decides good idea for dark riders to charge 10 savage orcs with extra hand weapons. Dark riders join Khaine.

Harpies fly in front of savage orc big boss in chariot. He can't help himself. Charges them and brings himself into charge range of 3 cold one knights (3 because our mate doomdiva whacked 2 of em). at least harpies trip, roll 3 inch flee and get wiped in process. fatboy takes out champion cold one in challenge, but loses by 1 CR and flees and dies.

hydra bites dust.

3 scouts charge back of chariot. Someone needs to have a word with this DE player about relative strengths and weaknesses of the waaaaagh! Scouts get wiped but outrun chatiot, only to get wiped later.

black guard + doomlord unit lurk about, being judiciously avoided by all O&G players (who remember charging one last year in rear with wyvern, front with chariot and flank with wolf riders - AND LOSING!!!!)

photographer leaves. black guard eventually start turning all out defeat into narrow defeat, taking BSB black orc big boss and 23 orcs down, but then whittled down just to doomlord by orc artillery. Great shaman charges remaining big unit, DE spearmen + assassin, in flank, killing 6 with impact hits and 3 in H2H (I love DE T3) forcing it to retreat into gobbo artillery and death. Last of squiggies shot down by boltthrower but savage orc boys kills boltthrower and chase wizard.

3 cold one knights butchered by 20 night gobbos in CC and chariot runs over last fleeing standard bearer.

A MORE THAN MARGINAL (BUT NOT MAJOR) VICTORY FOR THE WAAAAAGH!

sir_shvantselot
02-06-2009, 08:38
Dark Elves charging.

sir_shvantselot
02-06-2009, 08:40
The two armies finally meet....

Shimmergloom
02-06-2009, 10:53
Managed to get up the hill but lost dozens of orcs in the process.

You should have listened to Gorkstreet and never made the charge.

sir_shvantselot
02-06-2009, 12:19
Catapults injured hydra. Black Guard awaited orc charge.

sir_shvantselot
02-06-2009, 12:20
The di is cast.

sir_shvantselot
02-06-2009, 12:24
So close yet so far.

sir_shvantselot
02-06-2009, 12:25
More pictures.

Malorian
02-06-2009, 13:22
Not sure if it's worth painting the wyvern. If I use it in battle, it will just get magiced or shot at.

It's worth it for sure.

Even against empire I still manage to get mine into combat each time.

You just have to use terrain to your advantage and use your waaagh in sneak ways ;)

sir_shvantselot
02-06-2009, 13:25
Cheers! I think it might be useful for knocking out artillery on hills-that's if it doesn't get knocked out quickly.

Malorian
02-06-2009, 17:41
Hehe... love that orc/ogre chariot :D

You having another game with these guys soon? (I assume future battle reports would go here.)

sir_shvantselot
02-06-2009, 18:31
I'm hoping in 2 weeks time. Everyone seems to be busy at the moment.

That table is fantastic-it's produced by GamesWorkshop and is made entitely out of resin. The shop has amazing lighting which greatly helps when photographing.

The buildings are also GW and give a nice feel to the game.

rtunian
03-06-2009, 03:52
nice lookin army you've got there :)
the converted ogre in chariot & albino squig are my favorites hehe

Crube
03-06-2009, 12:50
While I have no objection to photo battle reports, please keep the pictures relevant, and discussions about the battle. Keep discussions about army composition etc in the relevant area of the forum.

I have deleted a few off topic posts.

Crube
The Warseer Inquisition

sir_shvantselot
04-06-2009, 20:00
Dark Elf Salvation-normal camera used not mobile :(

sir_shvantselot
04-06-2009, 20:05
Tried 9 fanatics v DEs. Goodbye blackguard! But not enough units left to fight cold ones (who were more than match for 6 charging savage orc boarboyz) and 24, yes 24 DE spearmen (with assassin) who lasted 3 rounds of combat against 23 orcs charging with Black Orc warboss, Black orc big boss, each on boars, insided the unit...until remainder of cold ones from savage orc combat joined this combat, and won in round 4!

The gobbos, packed with fanatics, move towards black guard. The orcs move towards DE spearmen.

The savage orc boarboyz charge the cold one knights who flee at first; the dark riders move towards the squig hoppers and wolf boys...a mistake. The wolves simply flee.

6 fanatics are released into the black guard - absolute devastation, though only half make the 8 inches.

The squiggies charge the dark riders, stuck in the brook in a failed charge against the wolves. The dark riders become squigmeat.

Yummy - squig chow...why do DE players bother with Dark Riders...only work against noobs who don't have flank units of their own...DE player...always trying it on.
Showing remarkable lack of insight, I have no choice but to allow squiggies to pursue dark rider into wolves, lining both units up for flaming with hydra's breath weapon. Peppering from 21 night gobbo archers has only done 1 wound. Regen seems to be working this game...and Dimitar's stupid river (which again he insists remains on table) stops 3 debris swinging fanatics from coming out and smashing up hydra on other side of brook. Hydra and night gobbos end up in face off on opposite sides of brook - peppering not enough to kill hydra - hydra not stupid enough to take same punishment as blackguard. Though 2 squiggies survive and go chowtime some level 1 wizrad thingy with poor hairstyle on horse, before being flamed again and rejoining the nitrogen cycle.

Malorian
04-06-2009, 20:25
I really wish I was in your group... the models and terrain are always amazing.

(And those black guard got what they deserved if you ask me ;) )

sir_shvantselot
04-06-2009, 21:24
The shop where I play at has the best board and lighting.

http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m2030126_99229999065_GamingBoard02_445x319.jpg

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat1300180&prodId=prod730814&rootCatGameStyle=wh

stonetroll
04-06-2009, 21:47

(And those black guard got what they deserved if you ask me ;) )

This.

I really admire how you guys appear to play purely wysiwig and 99% painted armies on a board that does all that hard work justice.

I'm desparately trying to inspire the people in my gaming group to pick up painting, but have not had much success so far :s.

sir_shvantselot
05-06-2009, 09:07
Ogre Attack.

sir_shvantselot
05-06-2009, 09:08
Tactic was simple. Charge!

sir_shvantselot
05-06-2009, 09:09
Battle report to be posted.

sir_shvantselot
05-06-2009, 09:12
More pictures.

sir_shvantselot
05-06-2009, 09:48
More pictures.

sir_shvantselot
05-06-2009, 09:56
More pictures.

sir_shvantselot
05-06-2009, 10:19
More pictures.

Comrade Igor
05-06-2009, 10:37
You don't want to mess with the green berets.

Spetznas will 'ave ya. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5HO7qGeHdk)

sir_shvantselot
05-06-2009, 19:19
More pictures.

Malorian
05-06-2009, 19:29
Man those boar boyz are screwed... not much can take a rhinox rider in the flank...

sir_shvantselot
05-06-2009, 19:32
That rhinox was built from green stuff and its owner is a professional sculptor.

sir_shvantselot
05-06-2009, 21:25

I really admire how you guys appear to play purely wysiwig and 99% painted armies on a board that does all that hard work justice.

I'm desparately trying to inspire the people in my gaming group to pick up painting, but have not had much success so far :s.

Cheers! It's very hard amassing a painted army. It took a year's worth of Saturday mornings for that entire army to be painted. You also have to be able to paint, and enjoy doing it. I don't think most people fall into both those categories. The next project is the Empire. That should take another year, if the inspiration lasts.

sirbone
06-06-2009, 16:16
Are your units of 21 Night Goblins to keep the rank for first wound?

rtunian
06-06-2009, 16:39
21 is for panic protection. at 20 you panic on 5 deaths, at 21 you need 6 deaths to panic

sirbone
06-06-2009, 16:56
Ah, that's kind of what I meant, I just phrased it bizarrely.

sir_shvantselot
06-06-2009, 17:59
21 is for panic protection. at 20 you panic on 5 deaths, at 21 you need 6 deaths to panic

Exactly right. Thinking of getting spider banner bearing gobbo character in unit of 40 night gobbos, advancing towards hill/large target, and letting rip...

rtunian
07-06-2009, 02:05
sir_shvantselot, your avatar is the goblin warboss on gigantic spider right? is this a model that you own or just a clip art from the web? would you happen to have a picture of this model from the side?

sir_shvantselot
07-06-2009, 08:05
sir_shvantselot, your avatar is the goblin warboss on gigantic spider right? is this a model that you own or just a clip art from the web? would you happen to have a picture of this model from the side?

Mine. No side pics, I think, but check out http://www.warseer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3626694&postcount=247
http://www.warseer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3612879&postcount=200
http://www.warseer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3610267&postcount=174

rtunian
07-06-2009, 14:36
good enough thanks :)

i was previously concerned about the model for the gigantic spider, as the pic on the gw website doesn't appear to have any depth... in the context of how flat/thin it looks in the gw pic, i thought it was a rather silly looking model. i see now that's not the case though :D

sir_shvantselot
11-06-2009, 20:25
Ogre finale.

sir_shvantselot
11-06-2009, 20:27
More pictures.

sir_shvantselot
11-06-2009, 20:34
More pictures.

sir_shvantselot
14-06-2009, 18:08
Orc Civil War. Gork v Mork, or rather Savage Great Shaman on chariot gets uppity (on behalf of Sir Shvants) against Dan's (much more professionally painted) barbarian horde led by black orc warboss. Dan lines up along tower edge of table. Sir Shvants lines up along hill edge.

sir_shvantselot
14-06-2009, 18:13
Sir Shvants' savage orc boarboyz shout from hill, but don't move forward, as want to avoid charging 25 black orc unit with BSB without squggie support from flank. Dan's spearchukkas position themselves behind fence. Sir Shvants cannot figure out why 25 black orcs are standing behind tower (apart from avoiding artillery fire).

sir_shvantselot
14-06-2009, 19:44
Sir Shvants' right flank advances. The wolfboys run up to spider riders and pepper them to no effect. Sir Shvants doesn;t bother with magic whole game, as dan has clearly taken idol of mork and double rolls lead to special cr*ppy orcy miscast table.

sir_shvantselot
14-06-2009, 20:02
Sir Shvants' wolfboyz on left flank pepper squiggies and kill a couple. Dan moves black orcs into building, worried about being outflanked by Sir Shvants' squiggies and savage boarboyz to front.

sir_shvantselot
14-06-2009, 20:10
One of Dan's magic missiles rolls 2D6 6s and wipes out Sir Shvants' squiggies unit. Sir Shvants charges spearwielding gobbo wolfboyz into dan's chariot on right flank. Chariot loses combat, and flees off table...

sir_shvantselot
14-06-2009, 20:17
One of Sir Shvants's 3 chariots elects to charge giant, fails terror test and ploughs back through (after some debate) both the night gobbo archers and orcy boy unit, causing quite low casualties, but taking chariot virtually off table...it doesn't come back and eventually just goes off table. Sir Shvants learns that even if you are forced to stack units, never put chariots in front of your other units.

sir_shvantselot
14-06-2009, 20:24
More pictures.

sir_shvantselot
14-06-2009, 20:31
On left flank, Sir Shvants' savage orc big boss with martog's best basha and extra crew crash into Dan's squiggies. Impact hits and the fat loony kill all squiggies before any hitback..and fatboy overruns into 5 spider riders on right flank. I love fatboy.

Doomdiva, thanks to GW's amazing modular table, strikes giant, taking off 3 wounds, spearchukka takes off another 2.

sir_shvantselot
14-06-2009, 20:37
All squiggies on table meet horrible end. But Sir Shvants suffers more, as savage orc boarboyz on hill now unlikely to neutralise black orcs on their own. The only issue with tag team tactics, if tag goes, team gets wiped.

Sir Shvant's 21 night gobbo archers pepper fleeing giant, all four ranks, and giant loses final wound.

sir_shvantselot
15-06-2009, 12:57
Fatboy ploughing through squiggies, wiping em out to the last squig. Did I say...I love fatboy...

Dan places spider riders next to one night gobbo unit, forcing neighbouring night gobbo unit to release fanatics. Although they can be released in any direction, Sir Shvants elects to aim first fanatic at spider riders, only understanding later that the rules are such that both the spider riders and night gobbos in the way take hits. Night gobbos take some hits, but the spider riders are wiped. The second fanatic is released, more sensibly, into the path of Dan's big un orc unit. Fanatics a bit of a waste of 100 points between the two night gobbo units, not doing 100 points worth of damage, at least not to Dan. Dan never took any fanatics.

sir_shvantselot
15-06-2009, 13:02
Till now, Dan has been taking a veritable pummelling, but Sir Shvants' units in too much of a disarray positionwise to do tagteam thing they need to win. Frenzy starts causing probs for Sir Shvants. The savage orc great shaman has to charge big uns on his chariot without waiting for support. He challenges Black Orc Warboss but skull wand of kaloth doesn't work...Dan rolls a 9. Shaman survives combat with only one wound, but flees, and then in Sir Shvant's turn flees again, off nearest table edge, through the night gobbo unit, causing more impact hits to poor little gobbos.

The savage orc boarboyz have to charge down hill into 25 black orcs and BSB. They only lose one boy and cause two wounds, but flee cos of combat res, flee again in Sir Shvants' own turn through one bolt-thrower, taking it off board.

sir_shvantselot
15-06-2009, 13:30
More pictures.

sir_shvantselot
15-06-2009, 13:47
How does that snotling do that?

Waagh Rider
15-06-2009, 13:57
Those pictures really came out well - our squigs in particular! Good game sir - we must have a rematch or combine hordes to conquer the Empire...

sir_shvantselot
15-06-2009, 14:01
More pictures.

sir_shvantselot
15-06-2009, 14:04
It's the photographer speaking. It's amazing what you can do with a mobile phone these days. Your figures are amazing. I'm uploading them on da biggest orc of all time and the empire blog as well.

I'm after some photos of a battle between your Dwarf Army and Orcs.

sir_shvantselot
15-06-2009, 14:32
More pictures.

Malorian
15-06-2009, 15:08
Orcs vs orcs, always a great game :)

Like the look of the savage chariot conversion from the BoC chariot. I may have to steal that idea ;)

sir_shvantselot
15-06-2009, 15:56
Fatboy ploughs into rear of gobbo shaman in spearchukka crew, wiping all out with impact hits, then being forced to overrun because of frenzy, ploughing through fence, and chariot being destroyed with own impact hits...whooo hoooooo. Fatboy was defo Sir Shvants' man of the match.

It is turn 6. Dan has 23 Black Orcs left and 15+biguns with a BSB and warboss. Sir Shvants has...fatboy on foot, a spearchukka, doomdiva that has misfired twice in a row, 5 wolfboys, 10 night gobbos and...defeat :(

The Black Orc warboss declares victory and the surviving orcs of both sides join him on his path towards the Waaaaaaaaaaaaaagh.

sir_shvantselot
15-06-2009, 16:03
Photos from the beginning of the battle.

Lessons:

1) Don't take more than 1 fanatic per unit...waste of points;

2) don't put chariots in front of other units, ever;

3) think more carefully about making sure chariots and boarboyz are supported when they do their tag team thing.

sir_shvantselot
15-06-2009, 16:27
Empire army on the workbench.

http://warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=204339

sir_shvantselot
15-06-2009, 16:44
More pictures.

Comrade Igor
15-06-2009, 21:18
Now that's what i call epic fail. >.<

You were winning before i left. You need to learn to understand frenzy better, and how to get the most out of your frenzied troops. Just moving them up doesn't work unless you're a chaos knight with 4+ buddies. Screen with your fast cav and work out charge angles, had your Shaman Lord been a bit more forward he'd have been in the flank of the Big'uns and being US5 he would negate their ranks making the odds a hell of a lot more favourable.

On a different note, Dan's painting is immense, and the Squig Hound is the best model ever, ever.

AramilSairSianontel
15-06-2009, 22:09
Boss no matter win or lose (but mainly bec you kicked ass in the first matches) you're an inspiration to all the greenskins out there! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!!! Shvants!!

sir_shvantselot
16-06-2009, 14:25
Orcs Drift-better photos.

When a single dwarf regiment held off hundreds of orc.

sir_shvantselot
16-06-2009, 14:31
I chose Goblins to act as cannon fodder against the Dwarf artillery.

sir_shvantselot
16-06-2009, 14:36
More pictures.

sir_shvantselot
16-06-2009, 14:46
I hoped that by the time he had laid waste to the Goblin regiments, he would not have noticed the chariots and trolls approaching.

sir_shvantselot
16-06-2009, 14:52
More pictures.

sir_shvantselot
16-06-2009, 15:01
This battle was particularly difficult given that there were several units of crossbowmen and musketmen as well as three cannon on top of a hill.

sir_shvantselot
16-06-2009, 15:07
The Goblins were gradually picked off but at a faster rate than I calculated.

sir_shvantselot
16-06-2009, 15:12
The darves begin to take aim at the Goblins as expected.

sir_shvantselot
16-06-2009, 15:26
More pictures.

sir_shvantselot
16-06-2009, 16:25
More pictures.

sir_shvantselot
16-06-2009, 16:44
More pictures.

sir_shvantselot
16-06-2009, 17:04
More pictures.

sir_shvantselot
16-06-2009, 17:09
The Goblins are heavily decimated but the charioteers and trolls are advancing undetected.

sir_shvantselot
16-06-2009, 17:17
The squigs enter the forest surreptitiously in order to reinforce what is left of the Goblins.

sir_shvantselot
16-06-2009, 19:16
More pictures.

sir_shvantselot
16-06-2009, 19:26
The wolves charge at his left flank through the forest.

sir_shvantselot
16-06-2009, 19:35
More pictures.

sir_shvantselot
16-06-2009, 19:41
More pictures.

sir_shvantselot
16-06-2009, 19:52
Only fire when you see the whites in their eyes!

sir_shvantselot
16-06-2009, 19:59
Do not be afraid!

sir_shvantselot
17-06-2009, 13:37
More pictures.

sir_shvantselot
17-06-2009, 13:45
More pictures.

sir_shvantselot
17-06-2009, 13:53
More pictures.

sir_shvantselot
17-06-2009, 14:03
More pictures.

sir_shvantselot
17-06-2009, 14:22
More pictures.

sir_shvantselot
17-06-2009, 14:30
More pictures.

sir_shvantselot
17-06-2009, 15:29
More pictures.

sir_shvantselot
17-06-2009, 15:50
More pictures.

sir_shvantselot
17-06-2009, 15:56
More pictures.

sir_shvantselot
17-06-2009, 16:07
More pictures.

sir_shvantselot
17-06-2009, 16:16
More pictures.

sir_shvantselot
17-06-2009, 17:53
More pictures.

nkicik
19-06-2009, 06:25
Some amazing photo's there especially considering they are done on a phone and both armies look great. The fat boy conversion is really cool as well but I think he's illegal sadly, I don't think you can buy extra crew for a characters chariot. It's in the FAQ somewhere I think.

Golden Lion
19-06-2009, 08:55
Superb painting shvantsalot! Lovely to see such aesthetically pleasing armies duke it out among beautiful terrain and scenery.

sir_shvantselot
19-06-2009, 19:39
Some amazing photo's there especially considering they are done on a phone and both armies look great. The fat boy conversion is really cool as well but I think he's illegal sadly, I don't think you can buy extra crew for a characters chariot. It's in the FAQ somewhere I think.

That is truly upsetting...I refuse to change till I see the reference in the so-called "FAQ"...reference...anyone?

Fatboy must live on...

rtunian
20-06-2009, 00:30
when you upgrade a character with a chariot, that's it. you've upgraded. there is no further upgrade. you are not adding a character unit to a chariot unit, you are adding a chariot mount to a character unit.

sir_shvantselot
20-06-2009, 14:15
Daemon Battle!

What can I say, this game was yet another victory for the might of Waaaagh Skumbag...the orc shaman lord with bigged's kickin boots and skull wand of kaloth - adding another herald general dude skull to his collection - you think odds are on beating a LD8 test, think again...

minor victory overall....AGAINST DEMONS

Fatboy rattles into battle on the pimp mobile. The demon player quakes in fear - look at the shaking hand in background...

The night gobbo archers rush for cover into the old chapel. The bloodletters continue to wish they had made a pact with a more benevolent Chaos G-d, seeing as the orc horde is about to chew their a$$.

The squiggies rush towards the demon flank. The big boyz on chariots reposition themselves to squish, the wolf riders circle behind the horrors, ready to take them from behind. savage boyz get ready to squish horrors.

Herald flies behind the lines...to cause massive magic havoc with flickering fire of tzeench three times in a row. Mork's spirit totem good, but not good enough. 2 dispel scrolls not enough.
Doomdiver continues to squish flamers, but the rolls 1 on misfire chart...goodbye doomdiver.

Blob enters building. Everyone out of the pool! Gobbos flee. What are the chances against greater demon of Nurgle?

Herald continues to fly around throwing off spells.

Savage orc boss in chariot with Martog's best basha smites herald no.2 in challenge, then flees cos of combat res with ranked unit into hard terrain, a building, and dies, lining up remaining bloodletters for combo charge from boarboyz and chariot no.2. demon player concedes minor defeat and goes back to hell. I praise MOrk that will not have to try dispel 3 attempts at flickering fire of tzeentch per turn and game is over...in VICTORY.

sir_shvantselot
20-06-2009, 14:24
More pictures.

sir_shvantselot
20-06-2009, 14:31
More pictures.

sir_shvantselot
20-06-2009, 14:36
More pictures.

sir_shvantselot
20-06-2009, 14:42
More pictures.

sir_shvantselot
20-06-2009, 14:52
More pictures.

sir_shvantselot
20-06-2009, 14:59
More pictures.

sir_shvantselot
20-06-2009, 15:05
More pictures.

sir_shvantselot
20-06-2009, 15:17
My pictures.

lopezpie
20-06-2009, 15:40
wow! I'm really glad I stumbled upon this. These are really fun to read battle reports and i love the pictures and the army paint jobs are just amazing and fun to look at. Oh ya and fat boy is epic. thanks and please keep them coming. you got a fan over here.

sir_shvantselot
20-06-2009, 16:32
Many thanks Lopezpie!

Empire against Daemons.

Apologies for the unpainted army.

sir_shvantselot
20-06-2009, 17:35
More pictures.

sir_shvantselot
20-06-2009, 17:41
More pictures.

sir_shvantselot
20-06-2009, 17:53
More pictures.

sir_shvantselot
20-06-2009, 20:40
More pictures.

Comrade Igor
20-06-2009, 21:36
Well, umm, who won?

sir_shvantselot
20-06-2009, 21:39
Looks like the daemons overran his cannon. I'd say he lost because I have the last photograph and the daemons are touching his edge of the table.

bob_the_small
20-06-2009, 22:29
Basically.... all he had left was a 3 wound steam tank and 6 pistoliers.... I had my entire army minus some hounds and a juggernaut.... so, he got owned.... better luck next time Shavvy!

sir_shvantselot
20-06-2009, 22:50
Basically.... all he had left was a 3 wound steam tank and 6 pistoliers.... I had my entire army minus some hounds and a juggernaut.... so, he got owned.... better luck next time Shavvy!

Bob - do a battle report for each set of pics. That way people will be able to see your ingenious battle-winning strategy:

turn 1 - demons march - armour saves and ward saves prevent any casualties from enemy fire. 15 point battle standard renders all enemy magic useless;

turn 2 - demons march - armour saves and ward saves prevent any casualties from enemy fire. 15 point battle standard renders all enemy magic useless;

turn 3 - demons front charge enemy. demons lose combat, but don't run;

turn 4 - demons lose onoing combat again, but again don't run;

turn 5 - demons have wittled down enemy, win combat. enemy has to take something called a break test, and runs.

unfortunately, hiccup in plan, khorne hounds get combo charged by pegasus and steam tank - only demon unit to die...but hey, what's a steam tank to demons...

Comrade Igor
21-06-2009, 00:08
To be honest, judging by the pictures, that is one of the softest Daemon armies i've seen. How did you lose... Well played bob.

p.s. my empire are almost built, want a game next thursday? (bob that is)

Photographer
21-06-2009, 08:22
I thought you would use your dragon to even up the odds?

Photographer
21-06-2009, 08:59

Don't you get bored of bringing a gun to a fist fight?

sir_shvantselot
21-06-2009, 10:01
I thought you would use your dragon to even up the odds?

We had to play 1500. You cannot have a lord choice below 2000. So no dragon.

Dungeon_Lawyer
21-06-2009, 10:32
the pictures on this thread are f'n incredible!

bob_the_small
21-06-2009, 23:05
To be honest, judging by the pictures, that is one of the softest Daemon armies i've seen. How did you lose... Well played bob.

p.s. my empire are almost built, want a game next thursday? (bob that is)

We'll see, I'll PM you with Info..... and yes that daemon army is soft!

sir_shvantselot
22-06-2009, 11:56
We'll see, I'll PM you with Info..... and yes that daemon army is soft!

So your argument is: "I turned up to a knife fight with a shotgun, but you are lucky, because I could have turned up with an interstate long-haul vehicle and driven it over you..."?

nkicik
24-06-2009, 22:09
There's your FAQ link. Sorry. Congrats on the demon win.

http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m470845_Orcs_and_Goblins_FAQ_2008-02_Edition.pdf

sir_shvantselot
28-06-2009, 17:45
Apologies for unpainted Empire Army.

If you're of a very nervous disposition please make your way to the kitchen. Trees jumping out of the jungle. It was horrible.

sir_shvantselot
28-06-2009, 17:48
Wood Elves v Empire. 1500 points. Marginal Empire victory. Wood Elves much more manoevrable than Empire. Glade rider units ballyhooing all round table...but nothing could take out steam tank.

sir_shvantselot
28-06-2009, 17:57
More pictures.

sir_shvantselot
28-06-2009, 18:06
Wood Elf player forgets fast cavalry rules apply to pistoliers...who nip round behind hero on great eagle and pepper him with shots, though causing only one wound before eagle flew off to munch cannon on Empire hill. Pistoliers later get shot by elven archers in building, though, equally, Elven fast cav units decimated by Stirland scouts in building on opposite side of table. You can see em in third pic. Steam tank steams towards elven archers hiding behind wall, waiting to plough through wall like König Tiger.

sir_shvantselot
28-06-2009, 18:16
Dryads hiding in forest from Steam Tank. Wood elf player tries to spell sing woods on top of steam tank. That's what dispel scrolls are for...though WE player doesn't get one off anyway.

sir_shvantselot
28-06-2009, 18:23
Dryads charge steam tank, but don't have combat res stack up to win, so flee, and eventually continue fleeing off table when steam tank generates more steam points to chase. Steam tank then chases spellsinger off table. Steam tank only goes down to 8 wounds in course of game.

Wardancers dance in front of spearman unit with detachcment of 10 swordsmen. 22 wardancer attacks!! But only causes 6 wounds, and detachments rule means flank, plus ranks, plus two ranks of attacking spearmen, so wardancers lose, flee and get run down...yoo hoo.

Marginal victory for the Empire.

Waagh Rider
29-06-2009, 14:58
If I was him, I'd have charged the Wardancers into the detachment!

Photographer
29-06-2009, 18:26
My photograph wish list:

orcs vs wood elves, dwarves, lizardmen

bob_the_small
29-06-2009, 22:11
Hmmm... let me get this straight... "ORCS drift" but there's EMPIRE and WOOD ELVES?

sir_shvantselot
30-06-2009, 17:22
Hmmm... let me get this straight... "ORCS drift" but there's EMPIRE and WOOD ELVES?

You think yet another Sir Shvantselot thread should be created?

Photographer
30-06-2009, 21:07
I'll have a look into it.

sir_shvantselot
03-07-2009, 15:31
Bits and bobs.

sir_shvantselot
04-07-2009, 19:03
Orcs vs Dwarf Army.

Send in the Fanatics!

sir_shvantselot
04-07-2009, 19:08
Trolls advance into Dwarf cannon.

Photographer
05-07-2009, 10:55
More pictures.

Waagh Rider
05-07-2009, 19:30
Nice Gorbad model!

sir_shvantselot
26-07-2009, 18:15
Ogres v Empire. Empire lost :(

Those two leadbeclhers crept up the left flank and took a few shots at 10 handgunners on a hill and cannon next to it. Didn't hit much. After a couple of turns, the cannon and handgunners wiped them out.

My unit of huntsmen took a couple of wounds of two leadbelchers on the other flank, then got charged by them, so fled the building. Didn't do much for rest of game. Giant charged the two leadbelchers when they left the building and killed them, slowly. Unfortunately, ogres fall under the large creature table for giant attacks...so only damage to one model per turn.

sir_shvantselot
26-07-2009, 18:16
Ogres v Empire. Gnoblar huntsemn (whatver they are called) charged one of my cannon. Crew bravely fought them off, assisted after first round of combat by charging handgunners off hill.

sir_shvantselot
26-07-2009, 18:21
This is where it kind of started going wrong for the empire. I allowed an ogre unit to charge my spearmen (griffon standard, 30 spearmen, so outnumber, standard, battle standard - static combat res of 9) alas, another small ogre unit charged the detahcment, which rolled double one when fled, so got wiped (you can see in second pic). And that ogre unit had a tyrant and ogre wizard thing in it, so it caused 11 wounds on spearmen, who fled. Ogres overran into grey knights, who they also wiped out. Then I ran out of dispel dice and scrolls, brain goblin cast on greatsword unit, who failed LD and ran into back of tyrant unit, so all main ranked units in centre died...

Must say though, cannon were amazing in the game. Gorger came onto field and stood in grapeshot range of one cannon, which took off three wounds...the gorger ate it and crew, then got hit by cannon ball from other side of the table, and died.

Giant got ready to take on all sorts...

sir_shvantselot
26-07-2009, 18:24
You can see tyrant unit mincing the wolf knights. You can also see one of the most beauiful cannon shots of all time, through flank of the tyrant unit, with both characters failing "look out sir" - half unit wiped out...

sir_shvantselot
26-07-2009, 18:26
The giant continues to fight everyone for two turns...ogres have no artillery - their rhinox thing got the "balls in a ratchet" misfire thing in turn one, and all leadbeclhers were minced by turn two. But the giant has no armour, and can only kill one ogre at a time each turn with eabutt and swing with club etc being limited to one model. Giant eventually surrounded and...eaten.

At the end of the game, the empire has huntsmen, a cannon and handgunners. The ogres have tyrant with a couple of wounds left (and a couple of mates in his unit of heavy armoured dudes (forgot what they called), about three ogre units of 3 and fifteen gnoblars...so ogre victory :(

Soooooo shouldv'e used new Karl Franz on dragon model...

only joking...
26-07-2009, 18:30
Lovely pics shavvy. Me and Bob have started our log :D

Blood-Iron
28-07-2009, 06:33
This is where it kind of started going wrong for the empire. I allowed an ogre unit to charge my spearmen (griffon standard, 30 spearmen, so outnumber, standard, battle standard - static combat res of 9) alas, another small ogre unit charged the detahcment, which rolled double one when fled, so got wiped (you can see in second pic). And that ogre unit had a tyrant and ogre wizard thing in it, so it caused 11 wounds on spearmen, who fled. Ogres overran into grey knights, who they also wiped out. Then I ran out of dispel dice and scrolls, brain goblin cast on greatsword unit, who failed LD and ran into back of tyrant unit, so all main ranked units in centre died...

As the ogre player in this game I can agree that this was the critical bit and in may ways I got very lucky, not so much with the dice (I think the dice rolls tended to even themselves out) but with the positioning of the models
- in charging the spearmen I was in charge range by about 1 cm
- in following up into the knights I only just clipped that unit
- my positioning of the unit to cover a flee by the greatswords was entirely by luck

It was a reminder how important movement and positioning is in WHFB, but I cannot claim much credit for it.

Cool Report Sir Shav, and thanks for a great game.

sir_shvantselot
28-07-2009, 14:43
Cool Report Sir Shav, and thanks for a great game.

Lol. We did have fun though. Next time...prepare to meet Karl Franz on Dragon, steam tank AND giant ;P

Photographer
12-08-2009, 22:29
Blood Iron, would you like a game this Sunday with shavvy?

sir_shvantselot
14-08-2009, 20:51
The orc horde...3 orc chariots, gobbo chariot and...loadsa gobbos versus, the skaven horde (yes set up took over an hour). Marginal victory to the smelly rats...which in the circumstances i thought was pretty good.

the squig hoppers get devastated by 5 jezzails, but go on to eat two wind globadiers...before being shot to death by about 20 gutter runners on the far edge of the table.

sir_shvantselot
14-08-2009, 20:55
Fat boy (savage orc boss on chariot) charges into about 5 rats with large flails who carry some kind of poison...and wipes em out, and overruns into clan rats...kills quite a few, but rats pass LD. then slaves flank charge...fatboy loses by 1 CR and...flees past front of whole skaven battle line. i I kind of did not co-ordinate units properly again this game. Don't know much about Skaven, and just let them advance without rushing into the horde, in case there was any nastiness in there.

Skitterleap leads Greyseer into flying all round my lines casting some kind of pestilence spell that wipes out half a unit per turn. Shooting kills me too. Who wrote the rules for ratling guns and warp cannon thing!!!? Orcs suffer massive casualties, but lots more where they came from, so stayed in game.

sir_shvantselot
14-08-2009, 20:56
There goes fatboy fleeing in front of Skaven line.

Showing some awareness of tactics, and being quite surprised at naivety of v experienced opponent, I set a trap by running wolves in front of rat ogres just in front of the wall, taking a few shots, and electing to flee when charged by said rat ogres (see third pic above with fleeing wolves). This lines rat ogres up for countercharge by the one my girlfriend calls the "bumshuffler" (cos all wrapped up like baby in cloak) a level 3 orc great shaman in chariot with biggeds kickin boots and...skull wand of kaloth. roll 3 hits and rat ogres mess up 3 LD tests, so three die, one further died from impact hits and handlers all murdered by frenzied boars. rat player...not happy.

unfortunately, bumshuffler in a frenzied stupor then has to overrun, and crashes through wall, losing the chariot 3 wounds...i would love to say i saw that coming, but didn't reckon on wiping out whole unit, but unfortunately my long term strategic vision is not that great. on the other side of the wall, the 20 night runners rush bumshuffler from the flank and kill him...

sir_shvantselot
14-08-2009, 20:58
Finally a chance to take pot shots at grey seer. He survives this turn...but in subsequent turn gets hit in the head with a goblin bolt (and D3 wounds).

sir_shvantselot
14-08-2009, 21:01
Having been massively devastated by magic and shooting (who gave rats 12/13 power dice!!!?) for four turns, the doom diver has started taking out various things, but orcs are still way behind...but then a stroke of genius occurs to me...the wolves have been pi$$ing rats off by riding about with 18 inch movement and not foing very much, but then i see they are lined up facing flank of whole remaining rat battle line...

wolves charge...little rat swarm flees, overrun into clanrats, who lose combat and flee...and run through whole battle line causing quite a lot of panic.

game starts to balance out.

finally, orc unit with mork's spirit totem and savage orc boarboys (or what's left after warp lighting cannon has hit them twice!!!!) wipe out some large unit with character.

rats win, but only a marginal victory...

and that's only cos rat player (intelligently) moved some unit into an unoccupied table edge. i don't normally count up points etc as meticulously as this...but something to bear in mind if i ever actually do foolishly enter a tournament.

go wolfies go go :)

good game. skaven player knows his stuff. v educational.

sir_shvantselot
14-08-2009, 21:06
The finest photos.

sir_shvantselot
14-08-2009, 21:07
The greatest photos.

sir_shvantselot
15-08-2009, 11:42
Beware of the Tomb Kings!

sir_shvantselot
15-08-2009, 11:44
Ah yes, the Tomb Kings!

sir_shvantselot
15-08-2009, 11:45
And the Empire won!

sir_shvantselot
16-08-2009, 16:06
Artillery took out the pestilence cart before it could wreak damage-phew!

sir_shvantselot
16-08-2009, 16:08
They will possess you!

sir_shvantselot
16-08-2009, 16:10
Eliminated wolves with artillery. Needless to say, I am great at judging distances.

sir_shvantselot
16-08-2009, 16:14
Because this is thriller!

sir_shvantselot
16-08-2009, 16:18
Even more photos.

sir_shvantselot
16-08-2009, 16:20
Because this is thriller night!

sir_shvantselot
16-08-2009, 16:22
It's close to midnight.

sir_shvantselot
16-08-2009, 16:29
Boar boyz in a frenzy against the toughest knights in Warhammer.

sir_shvantselot
16-08-2009, 16:31
The Vampire Knights massacred my boar boyz after regenerating. Slamming a chariot into the Vampires as well unleashing the boar boyz on them, I only rid the table of four as their magic resurrected the fiends.

sir_shvantselot
16-08-2009, 16:33
The squigs were the players of the match. They took out three zombie units.

sir_shvantselot
16-08-2009, 16:36
The Vampire knights forced my charioteers to flee. Nevertheless, that worked in my favour as they pursued them off the table, thus buying me valuable time.

sir_shvantselot
16-08-2009, 16:40
The Vampire wizard cunningly hid within the forest far away from my artillery.

sir_shvantselot
16-08-2009, 16:42
The zombies kept regenerating despite the sterling work put in by the squigs. Unfortunately, the squigs' number were gradually depleted as a result.

sir_shvantselot
16-08-2009, 16:45
More pictures indeed.

Photographer
16-08-2009, 20:14
That must have been one of the toughest battles you've fought. Good idea to divert the Vampire Knights.

sir_shvantselot
17-08-2009, 21:30
Next time I'm taking on chaos/undead armies with my Empire troops.

Dungeon_Lawyer
18-08-2009, 01:58
so what happened against the VC ? Did you win? Loved the batrep against the skaven btw---Too bad that your w. riders couldnt break the entire army with that flank charge-That was brilliant!...
as always great pictures, Your greenskin army is sensationally painted-so vivid the colors are so rich.

sir_shvantselot
18-08-2009, 22:03
so what happened against the VC ? Did you win? Loved the batrep against the skaven btw---Too bad that your w. riders couldnt break the entire army with that flank charge-That was brilliant!...
as always great pictures, Your greenskin army is sensationally painted-so vivid the colors are so rich.

Amazingly, yes...I won against VC - I will do proper battle report when I get a moment.

The flank charge against the Skaven was a combination of ingenious insight...and fluke of set up. It was only a marginal victory anyway...mostly as a result of some cunning table grabbing in final turn on part of Skaven player - he's pretty hot stuff - I learned a lot from the game.

I am going to enter the Orc army into the summer competition in UK GW for each store - I reckon I will win (unless this other dude with serious artistic talent and his own Orc army finds out and enters...his army is in a battle rep a few pages back in this thread).

Malorian
18-08-2009, 22:05
Amazingly, yes...I won against VC - I will do proper battle report when I get a moment.

Hurray!!! Amazing pictures + formal battle report = awesome! :D

Photographer
25-08-2009, 20:14
http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat1380000&prodId=prod30012a

This will give the demons a run for their money.

Photographer
30-08-2009, 17:01
Tomb Kings-the Revenge!

Photographer
30-08-2009, 17:03
More Tomb Kings!

Photographer
30-08-2009, 17:05
Against the Dark Elves!

Photographer
30-08-2009, 17:08
More photos.

Photographer
30-08-2009, 17:12
I think the Tomb Kings won.

Photographer
30-08-2009, 17:15
I wish S had brought an army along that day.

Photographer
30-08-2009, 17:17
I think the Hydra didn't make the sequel.

Photographer
30-08-2009, 17:20
The Hydra got boxed in.

Photographer
30-08-2009, 17:22
The poor Hydra.

Photographer
30-08-2009, 17:25
Dark Elves were pushed back.

Photographer
30-08-2009, 17:27
Dark Elves lost.

Photographer
30-08-2009, 17:30
Will try to write a battle report.

Photographer
31-08-2009, 17:41
http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=204339&page=12

on the workbench.

Photographer
04-09-2009, 16:54
Night of the Beastmen!

This bloke is a true genius. He scratch built his beastman army because one day he felt bored.

Malorian
04-09-2009, 16:55
That's some crazy looking beastmen... :)

Photographer
04-09-2009, 16:56
I was too awe inspired to follow the game properly. From what I understood the dark elves were firing at his amazing army, but he managed to pull through and won.

Photographer
04-09-2009, 16:58
Never seen anything like that before.

Photographer
04-09-2009, 17:00
Only the foot soldiers are original GW.

Photographer
04-09-2009, 17:02
I've never seen a dark elf army get so creamed even though it had so much fire power.

Photographer
04-09-2009, 17:04
Arrow after arrow and yet the beastmen came tumbling through the thickets.

Photographer
04-09-2009, 17:06
What a genius!

Photographer
04-09-2009, 17:08
Amazing beastmen!

Photographer
04-09-2009, 17:10
His beastmen sneaked up from the edge of the table and took out the dark elf assassins.

Photographer
04-09-2009, 17:12
He hand made these from scratch.

Photographer
04-09-2009, 17:14
I wish I had taken better photos. I seem to be blurring now. :(

Photographer
04-09-2009, 17:17
The beast with the tumorous back is ace!

Photographer
04-09-2009, 17:20
Shwantselot has been too busy to wargame. What a pity.

Photographer
04-09-2009, 17:21
The beastmen smashed through the crossbowmen, thereby winning.

Photographer
05-09-2009, 13:53
My space hulk page

http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3923948#post3923948.

Photographer
27-09-2009, 16:11
Sir Shvants commentary: Empire vs Lizardmen. Minor victory to those skanky lizardmen...not that I am bitter!!!! Did I say I haaaaaaaaaaaaate those skanky little poisonous skinky skanky archers? In a game totally dominated by the strategic and tactical genius that is Sir Shvants, those skanky little poisonous skinky archers won the game for the lizards on points alone! I.e. on turn six, the lizards had nothing left to defend themselves, entirely at the mercy of the war machine of the empire, when the skink skirmishers fired however many sixes at the unit of greatswords with general and wizard in it who failed panic test after half a dozen casualties, taking a three hundred points with them. I mean, not that I am bitter, er...but the super killy griffon spearmen unit, steam tank (ok so ieven if i had won...it would have been with some cheese) were slowly cleaning up with, by that stage, little opposition. Anway, we will get there.

Photographer
27-09-2009, 16:16
OK, so in turn one, the cannon and helstorm take out a couple of pteradactyls. Pteradactyls don't flee and drop rocks on pistoliers with wizard on horse in unit, killing a couple, with remainder butchered by two of those spine throwing things. Chameleon skinks and skinks take out griffon with poisonous attacks. I kind of forgot about that and did not keep griffon away from them.

Photographer
27-09-2009, 16:22
Griffin was knocked out with poison blow darts.

Photographer
27-09-2009, 16:28
Steam tank in turn two has gone 30 inches with 5 steam points per turn and crashes into cold ones unit, wiping 4 cold ones out on the charge and the remaining dude flees off table. Sir Shvants has learned not to crash into ranked units with highish strength, as this is a good way to lose the 300 point steam tank or make it useless via loss of wounds v steam points calculation. accordingly, sir shvants avoids the kroxigor unit and lizardmen with hero in it. although the steam tank runs rings around the lizardmen unit for a couple of turn, taking out a fair number of lizzies with steam gun (with pretty impressive and accurate work unpredictably from the helstorm reducing this unit 2 guys and the hero by turn 5 - yes he got half points for that!!!! am i bitter ...yes!!!) and then charging kroxis in the rear whilst they were in combat with the greatswords, this might have been the source of the empire's loss - should probably have done some more damage earlier to the lizzies and kroxis, so would have been totally wiped out by turn 6, not half. lizzies don't know what to do about steam tank - simple, charge it!!! it cannot hit back!!! anyway, like aztecs and spaniards, it's fear of metal that just makes em hide.

Photographer
27-09-2009, 16:32
Angry with chamelon skinks for killing griffon, Sir Shvants charges greatswords at them, forgetting that all they have to do is...yes...flee.

Photographer
27-09-2009, 16:39
Rockets did their work.

Photographer
27-09-2009, 16:45
Detachment of swordsmen charges razordons that have been reduced by cannon and rocket fire. Razordons join dinosaurs and dodos in evolutionary scale...

Static combat res 9 (I think) griffon unit is charged by another unit of lizzies. Strange given that lizzies know SCR is 9. Predictably, lizzies lose and run. This brings griffon unit into charge range of lord lizzie and 5 cold ones, who charge. Griffon unit flees, so cold ones redirect charge into detahcment that killed razordons, detachment gets wiped, i mean it had lizzie lord with blade of realities and lizzies overrun, commically aligning themselves parallel in some road runner scene with fleeing griffons. griffons rally and, in the only time i have ever rolled double six on a spell, benefit from some secret lurker spell that allows them to charge flank of the cold ones, who lose on combat res, and flee up the hill towards empire artillery, which in subsequent shooting phase grape shots a couple...but not enough to reduce points.....!!!

Photographer
27-09-2009, 16:54
The greatswords last one round of combat with kroxis/skinks to front, detachment on side (but no longer unit strength 5) and in second round of combat steam tank crashes into rear wiping 8 skinks on impact. On combat res, kroxis lose, and flee and die. The hero and his unit of lizzies, which has been reduced by artillery (some damn fine shooting from the helstorm, if I do say so myself) to just the hero, and his two mates, out of annoyance charges into rear of steam tank and causes a couple of wounds.

this is where the skinks fire at the greatwords, who flee (with level 2 wizard and general of the empire with loads of magic stuff) i.e. about 400 points, i would say. i had 780 points on table, lizzies 900 plus a table quarter. a really fun game, and lizzie player is a superb bloke. much fun had by all. i am thinking of modelling a crucified skink onto the steam tank somehow.

Deglosh
27-09-2009, 17:06
youve got some skills with the amera =)
its the photographer that takes the best picture, not the camera ;) even a chellphone pic can be stunning, as proven here

Photographer
27-09-2009, 17:07
Empire wizard: Oh wise Croak lord we have travelled far and yearn to know the answer to this question:

What is the secret to vanquishing the foe?

Croak lord: ....Cheese, much cheese my son.... preferably demons. You must seek the counsel of the cheese master .... you must seek Bob....

Deglosh
27-09-2009, 17:18
man youre army looks insanely good!

Photographer
27-09-2009, 17:47
Thank you sir but it's not mine, it's my bros. I collect spacehulk.

http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=218761&page=4

Photographer
27-09-2009, 17:51
youve got some skills with the amera =)
its the photographer that takes the best picture, not the camera ;) even a chellphone pic can be stunning, as proven here

Cheers! I aims to pleases and I pleases to aims!

Deglosh
27-09-2009, 19:57
rofl :D *

sir_shvantselot
15-11-2009, 21:21
I haven't posted a battle report for a while but I had to share this warriros of chaos v orcs game with you. In terms of line up:

WoC: nurgle wizard on nurgle chariot, 2 x 20 or so nurgle warriors, 5 marauder horse, 5 khorne knights, an exalted on juggernaut (yes, he goes with khorne knights - those scary shiny red guys in the pic below), 5 chosen and...a hellcannon.

OnG: 2 x spearchukkas, doomdiver, lobba, 40 night gobbos with bows and gobbo battle standard bearer, 5 savage orc boarboys with war banner, 10 savage orc boyz, 21 orc boyz and black orc warboss on wyvern and 2 x 6 wolfriders, big boss on chariot and gobbo shaman on chariot.

Sunday gaming in GW Brent X...so all the above crammed into a 4x4.

Turn 1 was scary - hellcannon killed 6 night gobbos, who had to take fear test cos of hellcannon rules at minus 1 LD, but they were within 12 inches of warboss...and survived, but I was terrified hellcannon would take out a unit per turn with panic. I fired everything I had at the hellcannon, precision range guessing being laid useless by wildy deviating artillery dice.

The chaos horde rushed forward and I was terrified of being steamrollered by the chaos war machine through my centre...which has happened about 6 times in the last month...but then a stroke of genius...in turn two I rode the gobbo wolf riders on the left flank into charge range of the khorne knights, who had to charge...but then had to stop 8 inches away from the neighbouring night gobbos unit...why that, my opponent asked...orcs and gobbos these days being so prehistoric, nobody knows whether they are just a Lord of the Rings army...out came three fanatics, which I pushed through the wolfboyz, taking out 3 or so...but taking out three khorne knights too!!! they actually never got as far as the khorne knights, but they had to finish their charge with force of momentum. they crashed into 10 savage orcs, wiped them out to a man, and then crashed on into fat boy, the savage orc boss with martog's best basha on chariot -yes they all get frenzy, who was terrified. in my turn though massive gobbo unit rolled 6 on the waaagh table and so did not have to take a fear check to wheel into the juggernaut and khorne knights' flank...he challenged with the champion, gladly accepted by fatboy, who with double boar attacks and 4 of his own wiped a couple of overkill points off the champion...the exalted on juggernaut killed five gobbos..but I won by 1 on combat res...and the remaining Khorne knights fled off the table...which is why they are unfortunately not in the pic...

sir_shvantselot
15-11-2009, 21:33
The chaos horde was angry about the loss of Khorne's children and rushed forward, all my shooting and guessed ranges, however precise, bouncing off chaos armour...I was terrified...my entire centre consisting of 12 gobbos and highly imprecise warmachines. My squiigies charged the marauders, who fled. My wyvern hung back, in terror of a potentially wild hellcannon. The chaos horde reached within 8 inches of my front line...and then, with questionable judgment, the WoC general declared he was taking a pot shot at the wyvern, 8 inches away from a 20+ unit of warriors.

The hellcannon shot moved back towards the warriors, as my face opened into a wide, and not particularly empathetic smile...

ONly one warrior died, but the rest failed two, yes two panic checks, and fled from the source of the fear...so much for the weak will of Chaos, we worship gork any day, no softies like Khorne. They fled from the source of the fear...into my lines, into my wyvern, who enjoyed crunching through all that tinned meat in chaos armour.

In my following turn, things went from bad to worse for the WoC general. I charged his nurgle wizard on chariot with my wyvern...it just chose to flee. With my usual precision guessing (been doing this a while now...and we all know the table is 48 inches and neither my war machines, nor the hellcannon had moved since set up), I got lucky with the artillery dice and both the lobba and the doomdiva rolled direct hits on the hellcannon...which just died...go gobbos go go go. Then, amazingly, one spearchukka hit the chosen in the flank and went through the whole unit!!!!!

Alas, the squiggies and savage orc boarboyz got wiped by the second unit of 20+ chaos warriors. IN his turn, the marauder horse ran off the table

sir_shvantselot
15-11-2009, 21:37
I noticed the look of disgust and dismay on my opponent's face, and asked him if he thought his chariot and unit of warriors was really likely to take out my fairly intact horde..he agreed and left the field at the start of his turn five...to the might of the waaaaaaaaaaagh!!!!

Photographer
16-11-2009, 21:19
No doubt the double Oscar winning stop motion animator- Ray Harryhausen- would have approved of your dragon.

Oglog
14-12-2009, 17:32
really nice greenskins and some really nicely painted opponents too! nice one!

Photographer
27-12-2009, 16:16
Return to Skull Island!

Photographer
27-12-2009, 16:23
Put your courage to the sticking point!

Photographer
27-12-2009, 16:29
It was a draw.

Photographer
27-12-2009, 16:33
What a messy battle.