= 245pts

5 Saurus Cav
= 175pts

5 Saurus Cav
= 175pts

5 Saurus Cav
= 175pts

TOTAL POINTS = 2248pts

The army features 3 solid anvil units with 5 heavy cav units (includes the carnosaur). Everything is at least T4 with a 4+ save and features tons of S4 attacks.

Magic defense is going to be a problem, but I'm hoping the plaque of dominion can cause some problems.
Time of Madness

Gaargod
01-06-2009, 20:22
You could strip points off the saurus units by losing their champion (they already have 24 S4 attacks, 12points for an extra attack isn't worth it.

Also lose Biting blade and personally i'd say lose maiming shield on the hero, get a halberd instead. Biting blade/maiming might be better, but it costs a lot more...

With the points you've got:
Add standards to all the saurus cav. Large bonus
Add light armour to Saurus oldblood, should be an automatic choice for a 1+ armour.

Magic heavy lists will be a problem, but otherwise its quite a solid list.

Shamfrit
01-06-2009, 20:30
Sod the Carnosaur, Kroq Gar deserves to be in here!

Or failing that, the Horn of Kygor.

blackjack
01-06-2009, 21:24
Sadly you don't have close to enough anti magic here. High LD mages will tear your army a new one espechially after he burning irons your plaque of dominion bearing cold one. Find the points to have at least a Level 1, diadem + scroll skink priest hide in a bush somewear. (can a pool power die be stored by the diadem for dispel? If not you may be forced to make the priest level 2)

Also you lack flaming attacks. With the amount of regen out there the burning blade is a must in an army list like this.

I agree with droping the unit champs form all your spear units, Save yourself some points.

Otherwise I like the list.

Jetty Smurf
02-06-2009, 15:04
Find the points to have at least a Level 1, diadem + scroll skink priest hide in a bush somewear. (can a pool power die be stored by the diadem for dispel? If not you may be forced to make the priest level 2)

The dice saved have to come from the priest himself, therefore in order to have an extra 2 dispel dice the priest must be level 2.

I have wanted to try out an all combat list, but my best bet is taking it against a dwarf opponent and hoping for the best (one of my friends plays dwarves, thankfully).

I do think that if you manage a way around the lack of magic defense that this list would be a lot of fun to play.

jax40kplyr1
02-06-2009, 15:37
It can be a fast list, but so light on the magic defense that anyone with beast cowers is going to stop your Old Blood/Carnosaur every turn.
VC, WoC, Daemons, DE - they'll own the magic phase easy.
Hopefully you don't fail a stupidity test.
You also don't have any skirmishers - getting outflanked and march blocked will be murder on getting those units up into combat.

Jetty Smurf
02-06-2009, 15:41
How would you rate this army against dwarves, jax40kplyr1?

When magic is not an issue, do you think its a viable list? I know there is only 1 army that has no magic, so it's a bit of a 1 trick pony, but still...

The only thing is that I don't know how The Anvil works for dwarves, so I do not know how it would affect this list.

As for magic defense, I think a level 2 Skink Priest with scroll and diadem and a level 1 Skink Priest with 2 scrolls would be sufficient. Granted, this will cost you 265 points, but I do think it will save a lot of headaches against most armies.

jax40kplyr1
02-06-2009, 16:10
The anvil will basically half the movement (since he'll probably use wrath and ruin) of any unit on a 2+, while causing d6 Str 4 hits on it. Ancient power - he needs to roll a 4+.
The problem with dwarves is going to be that they are better WS and T4 against your army, with a better AS. Plus they have LOTS of shooting, which will take a toll on your units moving across the board.
Dwarf gunline/anvil armies are very annoying to play against, as they will shoot the bejesus out of you trying to get to their lines. The anvil slows your units down to a crawl - combine that with a gyrocopter flying around (which most will take as it is their only march blocker) and it'll take at least 2-3 turns to get across the board.
Combine that with an organ gun, couple boltthrowers and some thunderers - I think you'll have a very difficult time playing against them.

jax40kplyr1
02-06-2009, 16:11
oh yes - forgot - ancient power works on D3 units, with 2d6 Str 4 hits. Halves movement on all affected units.

bob_the_small
02-06-2009, 21:50
This list will have little problems against most things, you have high T and high AS, plus you have 20 saurus cav, and don't rate the army on not having flaming attacks, regen isnt THAT much of a problem, only some things have it... he doesnt need a level 1 or 2, hes just fine, and to get 2 extra dispel dice, he needs to be level 4, which I doubt he is going to invest in....

On a side note, do you even have all these models? You seem to have 10 lizzie lists! :)

Kalec
02-06-2009, 22:19
Drop the maiming blade vet and a unit of cavalry. Grab a lvl 2 skink priest with a scroll and diadem, a unit of terradons, a couple more saurus to bring the unit back to 18, and some skirmishing skinks.

Magic and marchblocking will hurt you. Terradons and skinks will help deal with marchblocking fast cav and flyers and archers hiding in woods. The priest is about the bare minimum for magic defense, but should go a long ways towards stopping the big spells early on.