PDA

View Full Version : Tomb King Bone Giant weapon choices

Erebion
02-06-2009, 13:51
In White Dwarf 281 they released a new list entry for the Tomb King Giant. It allows the giant to pick different weapons; additionail hand weapon, gaint bow, great weapon, or shield all for various points.

My question is has anyone ever used this list entry and did you have success with one weapon more than another?

I was thinking of equiping my gaint with a great weapon to get him to S8 however he than loses out on the extra attack from 2 hand weapons which goes well with his unstoppable assualt rule. Would you consider this a fair trade?

Thanks,
Erebion

Corpus Festerheart
02-06-2009, 15:19
I never used a different option, because the rules are unofficial (also called "trial rules").
in my oppinion two hand weappons are better than twohanded, though the bow would be more tempting...

happy_doctor
03-06-2009, 08:50
Strength 8 with unstoppable assault makes the giant a very reliable knight killer. He basically allows no armour saves, meaning that his 4 attacks can potentially cause more damage than his normal 5 attacks at s6.

That being said, a bone giant on a good dice day is awesome regardless of equipment :)

Reinier
03-06-2009, 15:35
The extra attack from unstoppable charge are before armour saves. So no saves are made before you roll all of the (extra attacks) therefore i chose extra handweapon.