PDA

View Full Version : Fanatics and Flyers

DarkTerror
28-12-2005, 06:31
If a unit of flyers charges another unit which is directly in the path of a fanatic, will they take the hits? I know that the flyers can charge over units, but the fanatics are not units. As far as I can tell, the logic says they wouldn't hit them, but the rules say they would.

T10
28-12-2005, 08:29
As far as I can tell, the logic says they wouldn't hit them, but the rules say they would.

Well, what more is there to say?

Arguably, fliers are able to move over troops, so they should be able to move over fanatics. However, since fliers are deemed to land when not moving, the fanatics can get at them.

Also note that if a unit triggers the release of fanatics, it's movement is halted - i.e. lands in the case of fying unit.

However, the unit can move to complete its charge move after triggering the release of fanatics. In the case of a flying unit, it should be able to fly over any fanatics in its path.

-T10

Da GoBBo
29-12-2005, 11:32
Aye, the fanatics can get to them in two situtions 1) when the fanatics are released (in either players movement phase), 2) during the orc players random movement phase.