PDA

View Full Version : Vampire Counts 2250 pts

Seal Cub
02-06-2009, 21:58
Hi there!
I havn't played warhammer for some years now, but now I have decided to start again.

I've alwas had a fasination for vampires so that would be the obvious army of choise for me.

This army is based on the following thoughts:

The lord will join any unit and is mounted so that he swiftly can move between units and be were he is needed.

BSB will most likely stay in the rear to provide support with the banner and the helm of commandment, also rides a hellsteed to be able to swiftly move to were he is needed.

Vampire on foot joins skellies or ghouls to boost CC ability.

Wight King will lead the black knights and with the banner of the dead legion they have a unit strenght of 28(!) wich will give them a good chance to auto-break enemies.

Skeletons and ghouls will be cannon fodder..:rolleyes:

Grave guards will be the main fighting unit.

Dire wolves will screen troops vulnerable to missiles.

Fell Bats and vargulf will be support units.

Any thoughts or feedback?

Vampire Lord - 320 pts
Dread knight
Barded Nightmare
Lance
Heavy Armour
Shield
Infinite Hatred
Walking Dead
Blood Drinker

Vampire - 180 pts
Battle Standard
Hellsteed
Dark Acolyte
Helm of Commandment

Vampire - 165 pts
Walking Dead
Sword of Battle
The Flayed Hauberk

Wight King - 120 pts
Heavy Armour
Shield
Sword of the Kings
Barded Skelletal Steed

20 Skeletons - 188 pts
Light armour
shield
spears
Standard

20 Skeletons - 168 pts
Light armour
shield
Standard

20 Crypt Ghouls - 160 pts
Poisoned attacks

24 Grave Guards - 369 pts
Heavy Armour
Shield
Handweapons
Champion
Standard
Banner of the Barrows

6 Black Knights - 225 pts
Heavy Armour
Shield
Lance
Barding
Champion
Standard
Banner of the dead legion

4 Fell Bats - 80 Pts
Flyers

3 Fell Bats - 60 pts
Flyers

6 Dire Wolfs - 48 pts
Fast Cavalry

Vargulf - 175 Pts

Totalt 2246

Boon
03-06-2009, 00:22
Is the Warghulf anything like a Varghulf but more badass? Warpaint perhaps?

I like this list, but I have got to wonder at your inability to raise up losses to your skeletons and ghouls. Particularly the ghouls...

Abhorash.
03-06-2009, 02:30
It seems like a great list. Maybe drop one of the walking deaths for a dark acolyte. Because with VC, the more PD the better. I think it is a great army, strong core units, good killing power in CC, and a pretty good magic phase. Nice work.

Silith Von Carstein
03-06-2009, 02:52
Just Looking at the BSB, maybe take the walking death off him and give something more useful as he will be wanting to use the helm as much as you can, so maybe give him dark acolyte and maybe summon creatures to up the bats? and just stik him on an unbarded nightmare for the movement behind your battle-line and use him as the support caster.
Also with the Wight king I find that the Sword of Kings/Night shroud combo works great if you find a hero or lord you can challenge, this way your always getting a chance to killing blow him befor he attacks.

Seal Cub
03-06-2009, 07:51
Is the Warghulf anything like a Varghulf but more badass? Warpaint perhaps?

Haha! Yes thats exactly what it is! A badass Vargulf:D;)

Made some changes to my BSB, removed walking death and dread knight, mounted him on a Hellsteed and gave him dark acolyte.

Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but a Hellsteed (since it inly has one wound) does not count as a monster nor is it a large target so he would still be able to hide behind other units and benefit from the 6+ cav save?

Thanks for the feedback guys!:):)