PDA

View Full Version : [WotR] 1500pt Elf list for tomorrow

Totengraber
03-06-2009, 12:52
How does this look? Basically, this is all I have assembled right now, except I have several more characters.

3x High Elf Regiment (captain)
3x High Elf Archer Regiment (captain, hornblower)
3x Wood Elf Regiment (bows, hornblower)
3x High Elf Cohort (captain)
Ent

Glorfindel
Elrond
Elladan
Elrohir

I'll be playing against an Isengard army using lots of Uruk-Hai, a couple of Trolls, Saruman and Lurtz.

Thanks,
Totengraber

Sedge
03-06-2009, 13:25
It looks good. DO you really need those archer to be High elves? I normally use the high elf models as Galadhrim to keep points down. They gets points heavy very quickly. The captain in the Cohort is fantastic with his 3 might and high fight value, great for duelling.

I havn't used Glorfindel but I have seen him used; he rocks. Just don't let him get shot :). I cost the same as an 3 company foramtion of cavalry with all the bells and wistles so duel first as he can to get the casualty count up, heroic fight, win combat then charge again. Bucket loads of fun.

I have to say I don't really rate Elrond. The command spells are my least favorite and his Epic action shut seem a bit blah. His high fight value is very good however.

One last thing, do you need the hornblowers? As your up against Saurman a dispel might be more useful.

Let us all know how you get on, good luck.

Shonailo
05-06-2009, 23:22
Disclaimer: I'm new to the game, and new to table tops in general.

I just started along with a friend of mine, and we've only ever played eachother. He plays Isengaurd and I play Elves, so I think I've got a bit of insight into the game you're about to play.

My advise to you is to either widdle away Sauraman's formation or duel him off ASAP. His TbD rule mixed with Epic Ruination is deadly. I've seen first hand Sauraman kill 2 full companies of elves in a single spell. He's appropriately rated the best sorcerer character in the game, and should be dealt with as such.
Dispells are going to be lifesavers for you, but definately get in his face, and duel him off if you can. The longer you leave him within 24" of your troops, the more likely you are to lose.

Be careful though, Lurtz's assassin shot can be a real pain in the butt when you're trying to strategically duel, so be sure to plan out your attack wisely.

Another thing I've noticed about Isen vs. Elves is you're always out-numbered, out-strengthed and out-defensed, so make sure to use those charge and epic actions to your advantages, because you don't have many.

Good luck. I'm 2/2 with my Isengaurd friend. (Can't seem to win those objective victories, but I sure can win by total annihilation).