PDA

View Full Version : Bloodskull Pendant and Engine of the Gods

vinny t
03-06-2009, 14:53
The bloodskull pendants description reads that it inflicts a strength 8 hit on every model in base contact. Would this get the skink priest on the stegadon as well as the stegadon, or only the stegadon, and not the priest?

pointyteeth
03-06-2009, 16:28
Randomized as shooting, as per the warriors faq

Avian
03-06-2009, 17:05
What about the Blasphemous Amulet?

jrodrag
03-06-2009, 23:40
It seems the precedent has been set that if you hit a multi part model then the hit is randomized amongst the different parts. Unless you are attacking with normal attacks which specifically state you can pick a part out. Seems counter-intutuive with other special CC attacks but that seems to be the way it is going. So same would go for Destroyer of Eterneties I assume. In B2B with a Dragon and rider then each takes one auto hit if the special ability is used.

nosferatu1001
04-06-2009, 01:30
No, you would still randomise - roll 5,6 to hit the rider.

jax40kplyr1
04-06-2009, 12:51
I love you guys - everyone at our store has been playing it where the Destroyer hits every model in the steg unit. They kept quoting me the "Bloodskull pendant" FAQ - although I'm guessing the "hits other models in BSB during a challenge" would only apply to foot mounted models.

Gazak Blacktoof
04-06-2009, 17:23
The Destroyer has its own rules that tell you it hits every component, "If a target is riding a monster or a chariot, then both take two automatic hits." p. 36 TK army book.

Against a normal chariot you only get one double swing at the whole model as it has a unified statline. When attacking the steg you get a double swing at every part of the model because it is a ridden monster and so does not have a unified statline.

You've been doing it right so far.

tarrasque
05-06-2009, 08:22
but remember that the DoE also has a rule that says it hits only the (multi part-)model in the challenge

Gazak Blacktoof
05-06-2009, 10:01
Yes so it would still double swing against the mount and the priest and not be randomised.

jax40kplyr1
05-06-2009, 12:23
We were actually talking about this last night (also cause the guys from my store read Warseer). Opinion they have is that DoE will hit twice every crew, priest and steg in a regular combat - obviously from the DoE rules. From the WoC faq, you can apply that even in a challenge, which DoE states that it hits character and mount, the DoE will basically bleed over into hittting the crew as well, since they are in BSB technically during the challenge.
I can see it either way.
I just don't plan on letting that Tomb King near my Stegs!

Gazak Blacktoof
05-06-2009, 12:39
Yes technically you can probably hit every part of the one steg you're in a challenge with, but as a tomb king player, I wouldn't insist on that interpretation as its clearly not within the spirit of the rules. Its clear from the challenge section that only the character and his actual mount are involved in the challenge.

nosferatu1001
06-06-2009, 01:47
The rules for the steg probably override this - they specifically state they cannot take any part in the challenge, therefore cannot be hit.

However magic weapon may override this? lovely steg is so confusing at times :D

tarrasque
06-06-2009, 07:52
i would play it that it only hits the priest and the steg, it doesn't matter any way the steg gets would and the priest is no more nekst round you kill al the left over crew and wound the steg some more round after death steg.

nosferatu1001
06-06-2009, 09:50
You would need 3 rounds to do this - the steg has 5 wounds.

Even then you are wounding on 3s, so you can easily fail to wound :D

tarrasque
06-06-2009, 23:52
meant there where 3 rounds but it was a bit unclear :P and i hope to do some damge on a steg before it hits mine lines keeping fingers crossed for that hit whit the ssc :P