PDA

View Full Version : 3000 pt. Daemons (for playing High Elves w/ Teclis)

dal9ll
03-06-2009, 17:58
So this list is designed for games against High Elves running Teclis, or a very heavy-Magic list. Its sorta cheese but the mentality in the play group is “Bring you’re a game” so Im not worried about whiners or being considered a poor sportsman. If anyone can share some strategies on how to deal with a heavy-Magic High Elf list, please do share! Heres the list:

Fateweaver
(625)

Herald of Khorne on Juggernaut w/ Armour of Khorne, Collar of Khorne, BSB w/ Standard of Sundering
(280)

Herald of Nurgle on Palanquin w/ Slime Trail, Noxious Vapours, Lvl. 1
(250)

The Blue Scribes
(81)

20 Bloodletters w/ full command
(270)

20 Plaguebearers w/ full command, Standard of Seeping Decay
(295)

10 Pink Horrors w/ Icon of Sorcery
(135)

(135)

(135)

(135)

6 Flesh Hounds
(210)

6 Flamers of Tzeentch w/ pyrocaster
(225)

2 Fiends of Slaanesh
(110)

2 Fiends of Slaanesh
(110)

TOTAL: 2996

Total models: exactly 100!
Power Dice: 11
Dispel Dice: 9

Thanks everyone!

alex17
03-06-2009, 18:05
only 9 dd for 3000 points? against a magic heavy high elf list? i wish you the best of luck.

dsw1
03-06-2009, 18:31
Suicide the seekers into Teclis' unit and his other wizard lord's (guessing with the book of hoeth(sp)?) unit and focus all attacks on them. Kill them and the game is yours.

But as the above post said, you need more magic defence, while Sundering is good, he has Multiple wizards that could pick different laws (assuming it is as magic heavy as I am thinking) so be careful.

Also, the list total is 2981 ;).

Jind_Singh
03-06-2009, 18:50
I agree, the blue scribes are ok but you'd also not do bad to have HoT - base level 2, give them a power vortex to add an extra die to the dispell pool...AND your fragile horrors then have an awesome 4+ ward save! Trust me, you'll need the extra plus 1 to ward save playing the elves!

I see a problem with your herald of khorne - theres no unit for him to join apart from bloodletters- and thats not a good move. THe letters will be running forwards to engage the enemy units, you dont want to risk sending the BSB forwards with them.
Change the herald to a herald of tzeentch, keep this herald with another unit of horrors, keep him at the back with the main battle line - or take a basic HoK and take another HoT.

Fiends are excellent against the HE but I like them in units of 3 - 12 str 4 attacks with a nice -2 to armour saves!

All in all your list is solid but by far not an 'A' list - you can also make points by increasing the bloodletter unit size and dropping the plauge bearers - one anvil unit is plenty fine.

The plauge bearers work nice as they got regen from the HoN - watch chariots bounce off them!
You also dont feel bad about the elves striking 1st as a bloodletter has high ini - it's sad. With plauge bearers they pretty much always strike last anyways!
Let us know how your battle goes.

dal9ll
03-06-2009, 20:18
I played a 2500 point game against his Teclis list this week with a very magic-light, Khorne-heavy list and lost the battle slightlydue to me being an idiot with my Bloodthirster and letting him get killed, which threw the game. He did have two abilities or magic items that gave him an extra 2D3 power dice each turn - D3 to Teclis and D3 to a Fire Dragon Mage (which my Bloodthirster promptly challenged and slaughtered). He also was getting +2 to his casts (which annoyingly offset my Standard of Sundering) and +1 to dispels, plus something that gave him extra dispel dice. I did run two Spell Breakers that game though, which helped a little. A few lessons I learned from that game:

-Teclis is major jerk, obviously, for the reasons stated above.
-Heralds of Khorne on Juggernauts with Armour of Khorne and Firestorm Blade can kill pretty much anything he can run (other than a Star Dragon maybe)
-Spell Breaker is invaluable
-Blue Scribes will be great at giving me more power dice since theyre at their best versus magic-heavy lists with tons of spells flying around.
-small mages (like lvl. 1's) and small Pink Horror units usually always got their spells dispelled easily since Flickering Fire is such a low Magic level
-High Elves will die like flies to Bloodletters and Fiends, Heralds of Khorne, anything combat-heavy
-Magic-Resistance (3) is REALLY useful against Magic-heavy High Elves
-Noxious Touch will be hilarious vs. ASF
-challenging High Elf characters wherever possible works out pretty well. If they accept with a champion, you butcher him and get Overkill. If they accept with the character, you butcher him and I probably still get overkill. If he declines, his mage has got to move to the back where he (at least temporarily) loses line of sight for his spells.

I could move the BSB from the Khornate Herald to the Nurgle Herald but Im certainly not worried about the BSB being in combat. He does have a 1+ save plus his ward save after all. Should I throw in a couple Spellbreakers to raise my Magic-defense? If so, only the two Heralds could take them which means I'll have to take off other Gifts due to the Gifts limit on Heralds ... My opponent also has a habit of trying to completely avoid my Plaguebearers/Herald since he cant really kill them effectively or flank them because of Slime Trail. Id like to exploit this if I can (ie: maybe running them right up the middle and forcing him to deal with them).

As for Heralds of Tzeentch, I usually always run at least one of them, usually with Winged Horror and Power Vortex, or on a Burning Chariot with Master of Sorcery. However Ive never really been that impressed by their performance in the past 3 or 4 games. Their spells usually get dispelled and they get shot at or charged when I remove them from a Horror unit.

One last thing:
Which 8 spells should choose for Fateweaver? One spell from every Lore is kinda daunting to choose...

Jind_Singh
04-06-2009, 05:28
I could move the BSB from the Khornate Herald to the Nurgle Herald but Im certainly not worried about the BSB being in combat. He does have a 1+ save plus his ward save after all.

Hate to burst your bubble but the herald of khorne with armour of khorne on a jugger has......

wait for it.....

a ZERO plus save!!!

thats right, it's even better than 1+!! (though of course a naturally rolled 1 is a fail)