PDA

View Full Version : Samurai Empire Army List

Mott
03-06-2009, 19:58
Im sort of limited as far as models go, so Im trying to make a army that is competetive as possible but dosent contain the following units.

Steam Tank
Swordsmen state troops :cries:
Pistoliers\outriders
Crossbowmen

I am also new to warhammer fantasy, so to veteran eyes this list could be laughable!

HEROES

Got 277 points atleast to play with, but no idea where to start!

CORE
18 Ashigaru with Yari
18 Spearmen w\shields full command 128pts
Flank company 8 Ikko Ikki (FreeCo) 40pts

18 Ashigaru with Yari
18 Spearmen w\shields full command 128pts
Flank company 8 Ikko Ikki (FreeCo) 40pts

5 Mounted Samurai
5 knights 115pts

5 Mounted Samurai
5 knights 115pts

5 Mounted Samurai
5 knights 115pts

12 Ashigaru arquibusiers
12 Handgunners 96pts

12 Ashigaru arquibusiers
12 Handgunners 96pts

SPECIAL

12 Samurai on foot
12 greatswords full command 150pts

Saker
great cannon 100pts

Saker
great cannon 100pts

I havent bought any models yet so this is VERY flexible, have at it!

TheDudeGuyMan
03-06-2009, 20:28
only 1223 points? how many points of an army is this?

Lord Dan
03-06-2009, 20:32
He's trying to go for 1500. I'll write a response when I get home from work later.

Darwin_green
03-06-2009, 22:07
personally I would say go with a mix of DoW and empire if your gaming group is cool with it.

actually, you could just use samurai warriors as regular empire swordsmen. they have WS4, and you could just say the shield bonus due to their unique armor design and training.

the Alcanti fellowship would work nicely for a big block of ashigaru. Pikemen with heavy armor would be really cool for your blocks of samurai with Yaris.

the DoW cavalry would work fine for Samurai since it gives you the option of heavy cavalry with out barding. Also this would allow you mounted samurai archers too.

empire units like gunners and archers would be needed to round out the force.

Warrior priests could heroic monks that are either christian(Sigmarian converts) or shintoist(would work fine for mages too).

for greatswords, you could convert a samurai unit with No-dachis(great-katana). shouldn't be too hard to do with plasticard and greenstuff.