Vilitch or Sigvald.... who do you believe would be better in the following

Sigvald List:

2000pts

Lord:

Sigvald - 425pts

Heroes:

1 Chaos Sorcerer - level 2, MON, Steed, Power Familiar, dispell scroll - 206pts

Core:

25 Chaos warhounds - 150 pts (can split these up however i like)

x3 5 marauder horsemen, musician, MOS, light armour, flails and throwing axes - 318pts

21 marauders - hand weapon, shield, light armour + musician - 126pts

Special:

6 knights - standard, banner of rage - 295pts

5 knights - musician only - 210pts

5 knights - musician, standard and blasted standard - 270pts

TOTAL - 2000pts exact

Vilitch list

2000pts

Lord:

Vilitch The Curseling - 395pts (obviously he can't be mounted) but i think it still can be used in an all mounted theme as he is the crazy leader.

Heroes:

1 Chaos Sorcerer - level 2, MON, Steed, Power Familiar, dispell scroll - 206pts

Core:

30 Chaos warhounds - 180 pts (can split these up however i like)

x3 5 marauder horsemen, musician, MOS, light armour, flails and throwing axes - 318pts

21 marauders - hand weapon, shield, light armour + musician - 126pts

Special:

6 knights - standard, banner of rage - 295pts

5 knights - musician only - 210pts

5 knights - musician, standard and blasted standard - 270pts

TOTAL - 2000pts exact

I feel the list could depend on who i am facing however i thought i would ask Warseer because i see a lot of diff pro's and con's

Isabel
03-06-2009, 22:44
In my opinion, Vilitch compliments your list a bit more. The Marauders with Sigvald would be left behind by the rest of your army, where as Vilitch could be an active part of the battle every round. If you dont mind a little critiqueing, I would suggest taking out 2 marauders and giving them the MoS. With Vilitch in the unit, it would bump them right back up to 3 full ranks and your character bunker need not fear psycology that could send your lord running with the unit.

untimention
04-06-2009, 07:03
Thanks for the responce Isabel.

It makes perfect sense.

I am having the vilitch model commissioned so i will have it in around 2 months time.

I originally created this list for Vilitch however i recently purchased sigvald and i love the model.

MOS def makes sense as it will make them last longer. Furthermore making them a bit more stable esp in combat because they will get a better save of 4+ and sigvald with his 1+ and always stikes first my hope is that units i dont want my knights to waste on sigvald and the marauders charge in, Sigvald strikes, kills a ton of them, the maruaders kill another and they recieve bairly any attack back.

Obviously one problem i can face is massed fire power against him hence taking a larger marauder squad with light armour and shields.