PDA

View Full Version : My 10000 Points SWORD OF CHAOS!!!

tensions
28-12-2005, 20:13
Hello,

After showing you all my ongoing project of 10000 points Daemonic legion of All god. It's time to reveal my second army.. the 10000 points SWORD OF CHAOS..

here is my first unit of Chaos Knights..

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c137/tensions/archaon/chaosknightsfront.jpg

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c137/tensions/archaon/chaosknights.jpg

hope you might like it..

i will post more of my army soon..

tensions

Lord Gordonis
28-12-2005, 20:32
Those are vewry nice indeed cant wait for the rest of the army

Satan
28-12-2005, 20:36
If you paint 10,000 points to that level of quality, then you must be insane as well as otherwise unoccupied. ;)
Great stuff. I particularly like the symbols, I'd love to see what you could do with the new Wood elves.

HiredSword.
28-12-2005, 22:08
Those are excellent, i hope you don't mind me saying, but personally the blood isn't particularily life like, i think with your painting skills it should easily be sorted. If have further ideas if you want them.

Luke
28-12-2005, 22:28
i would have to agree with mr hiredsword. they are indeed excellent paintjobs and very detailed considering they are part of a monster 10,000 point force. but the blood does not look real though. sorry, its a bit like ketchup :o

malika
28-12-2005, 22:34
Looks like the blood from Tim Burton's Sleepy Hollow

But the overal paintjob is amazing

tensions
28-12-2005, 23:10
ok, i will see what i can do with the blood...

but here come the next unit.

16 Chaos Warriors.

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c137/tensions/archaon/chaoswarriorsfront.jpg

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c137/tensions/archaon/chaoswarriors.jpg

comments welcome.

tensions

Pertinax
28-12-2005, 23:40
I would love to see the army list of that. And a pic of the whole thing together as one army, not just units.

Zanusiekk
28-12-2005, 23:45
When I do blood over bright colours and metals I like to start with watered down Dark Flesh. It gives a hue much like semi-dried blood.
A couple of highlights up towards blood red and it looks really nice!

Love the paintjob!

Suicide Messiah
29-12-2005, 00:09
The best way to paint blood is to buy a pot of Tamiya clear red. Its as if they actually kill people to make the stuff.

Oh and your mini's are awesome :eek: (but change the blood;) )

immortal99
29-12-2005, 11:54
Wow! :eek: You have painted all those little swirlies on every model?

Luke
29-12-2005, 13:41
one thing that strikes me is the lack of any iconography on the standards, its a shame that the models themselves are so detailed and the standards are so plain

Hideous Loon
29-12-2005, 15:23
Maybe there's a pint to the all, Luke. No, sorry, that should be POINT. With an I. No beer intended at all.

I really like them, although I'll have to chime into what the other lads said about the blood.

tzeentchgiant
29-12-2005, 15:24
Very cool

I'm a bit speachless to be honest, have you been featured in WD? Or is one of your knights in the army book, the knights seem rather familiar.

TG

Stouty
29-12-2005, 16:54
It looks so good I have to ask: Did you use a gold pen?

Other than the blood it's smashing! I hope your opponents realize you get +400VP for your models being too cool.

tensions
29-12-2005, 20:42
one thing that strikes me is the lack of any iconography on the standards, its a shame that the models themselves are so detailed and the standards are so plain

i still working on it, still deciding what i can do on the banner...

Very cool

I'm a bit spachless to be honest, have you been featured in WD? Or is one of your knights in the army book, the knights seem rather familiar.

i followed the idea in the army book...

It looks so good I have to ask: Did you use a gold pen?

Other than the blood it's smashing! I hope your opponents realize you get +400VP for your models being too cool.

I use a super fine detail brush.

Wow! You have painted all those little swirlies on every model?

yeah, each swirlies were painted with B browns over black undercoat, than shining gold over that, than M silver highlight then white + silver highlight.

tensions

Satan
29-12-2005, 22:01
I feel sad by looking at your models. They make me feel so... inferior. And yet I get to show off mine in the local gamesstore.

Did you get any other perks when you sold your soul to satan? huh? HUH?!
;)

...oh wait that's me. Damnit.
You can have it back if you want. I'll trade it for painting lessons?

Izram
29-12-2005, 23:22
All that lovely detail and the banners are blank?

I like the swirly stuff, but it looks like you have overlooked some otherthings, like blood, and horns. They distract from the nice (albiet, busy) paintjob. Keep up the good work.

tensions
30-12-2005, 02:38
hello

NEXT UP:

My 25 Chaos Marauders

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c137/tensions/archaon/chaosmarauders1.jpg

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c137/tensions/archaon/chaosmarauders.jpg

tried to put tatoo on each figures, but it took too long..

so only did it on 3 guys in the front rank

tensions

Hideous Loon
30-12-2005, 09:55
There's one thing about Marauders that bug me infinitely. The joint between their arms and their bodies are SO visible. Not against you, it's just so very annoying. I find that the solution is often to take some plastic glue (the dissolving kind) and smear it over the shoulders of the marauders. The glue will melt the joint, making it look natural.

Oh, and I think you should give tattoos to some guys, not veryone, but a few more than you have now, say one in five?

spikyjames
30-12-2005, 10:04
nice work on all that flesh, i personally think these look way better than your other units.

james

ExoCowboy
30-12-2005, 10:07
I thought I was insane. No, you are... these models must have taken ages to paint, they look really wickedly cool. Great job, but seems like you have lots to do to reach that 10k limit :cool:

HiredSword.
30-12-2005, 11:32
on the marauders:

i never really liked the marauder models but the paint job is still great. Just a tiiiny thing but if you painted the flesh on the shields the same kind of colours as the fur on the chaos warriors so that the two units tie in. i don't know if thats just me and i have seen the rest of the army.

If you wanted ideas of adding warriors that have been gifted by the different gods then why not do the same spiralling effects you do on the armour but flowing into the different colours of the gods. so for example, for tzeentch the goldy kind of colour would flow into purples and pinks maybe? it works on your flying discs that you've done so why not on armour?

tzeentchgiant
30-12-2005, 13:50
They look great, but I suppose I should give constructive criticism too, I'd go back to the base edges, they seem to only be half painted, and otherwise, just the normal colour, that needs worked on.

The blood too, seems to let down the paintjob, give the areas of blood a thin coat of red ink, even though I hate inks, it's easily the best way to creat nice deep blood effects.

Those tattoos rock, very very well done, and the skin tone, it's surprisingly realistic, just the right depth etc, very nice.

TG

Pertinax
30-12-2005, 19:07
I still want to see a picture of the whole lot in one go! Just to see how big 10,000 points actually is.

tensions
30-12-2005, 22:18
All that lovely detail and the banners are blank?

I like the swirly stuff, but it looks like you have overlooked some otherthings, like blood, and horns. They distract from the nice (albiet, busy) paintjob. Keep up the good work.

like i said, i still working on the banner...

I thought I was insane. No, you are... these models must have taken ages to paint, they look really wickedly cool. Great job, but seems like you have lots to do to reach that 10k limit

took me 3 weeks to paint those knights, warriors, marauders and a chariot.

i'm still basing my units.

I still want to see a picture of the whole lot in one go! Just to see how big 10,000 points actually is.

wait for another year, then i probably will finish it..:p

currently i'm doing 2 big project at the same time,

i still got my 10000 points daemonic legion to finish.

also i post a unit at a time because i'm still basing them at the moment.
i will post my chariot up once i painted it's base.

tensions

Pertinax
30-12-2005, 22:37
Ah. OK, I misunderstood. I was of the impression that this was an army that was ready to go, not just a mamoth project.

Vanwatalath
01-01-2006, 04:09
WOWZA!! me like very much...:chrome:

Makes me wanna break put my chaos knights and paint them, except i dont play chaos anymore.

Quick question though: the icongraphy on the chaos knights shields, the kinda bronzish+pinkish tinge, how'd ya achieve that?

Oh and pleaseeeeeee, more pics ;)

tensions
20-04-2006, 11:48
hi there,

Ah. OK, I misunderstood. I was of the impression that this was an army that was ready to go, not just a mamoth project.

my archaon horde size is increasing very slowly each day, and getting closer and closer to my 10000 points goal....

here are some updated pic of my archaon horde..

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c137/tensions/archaon/all1.jpg

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c137/tensions/archaon/all2.jpg

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c137/tensions/archaon/all3.jpg

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c137/tensions/archaon/all4.jpg

it's getting bigger.. and slowly getting there...

thanks for looking..

Captain Ardias
20-04-2006, 11:55
:eek: BY THE THRONE thats a lot of models, how much did you pay for all that?

Suicide Messiah
20-04-2006, 12:16
Very impressive and will look even more so when painted.

Good luck man!

HiredSword.
20-04-2006, 12:47
holy sigmar! there really is no hope for the empire...

maraxis
20-04-2006, 14:24
Very nice. This so far is an incredible army!!! What type of time frame are you looking at to complete such a mammoth project? This would be an impressive army on the field of battle, but I am not sure you would have enough room in a DZ to place them all, you would need at least a good 8' table. I would play against it, but I have a lot of fantasy painting to do to catch up to something of that size!!!

Cheatah
20-04-2006, 17:48
NUT...CASE

but I would do the same if I had the money :p

Yorkiebar
20-04-2006, 18:03
NUT...CASE

but I would do the same if I had the money :pYou would? I certainly wouldn't...

Mine would be 40K :p

HPD_Andy
20-04-2006, 18:27
Good stuff. A lot of time and skill there my hats off to you.

Steedy
22-04-2006, 11:55
nice paint job =)

dark angel
22-04-2006, 12:18
i am amazed at my local we have a player with 10000 points also

i was wondering how much did it cost???

tensions
23-04-2006, 23:44
hello

holy sigmar! there really is no hope for the empire...

that's the whole point..

i was wondering how much did it cost???

i don't even want to know...

i am amazed at my local we have a player with 10000 points also

also have 10000 point daemon legion

anyway thanks for the comment,

finally based my chariot

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c137/tensions/archaon/chaoschariotside.jpg

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c137/tensions/archaon/chaoschariot.jpg

thanks for looking
tensions

Scorpio
24-04-2006, 00:44
*tears in eyes*
Thats beautiful... Very Very nice.
And thats a crap load of models.

-Scorpio

Killshot
24-04-2006, 01:22
I've been following the thread since you first started it, fantastic and truly inspirational!! Keep up the good work!!!

DarkClawLS
24-04-2006, 04:12
i am utterly amazed that is awesome modeling and wow thats alot of models ....amazing i cant wait to see more excellent work

Inquisitor Konig
24-04-2006, 23:18
daemon legion eh... have any pics of that and which one do you play? or is it all of them...?

tensions
25-04-2006, 01:05
daemon legion eh... have any pics of that and which one do you play? or is it all of them...?

click the link in my signature, link to my 10000 point daemonic legion of ALL gods.

tensions

Scorpio
25-04-2006, 03:28
click the link in my signature, link to my 10000 point daemonic legion of ALL gods.

tensions

You know that leads to your necron army(looks very nice btw) thread dont you?

-Scorpio:evilgrin:

ExquisiteEvil
25-04-2006, 05:20
Simply amazing...

The standard is not 'award winning' stuff by itself(although a very good TT quality) but when combined with the speed at which you paint it - truely fantastic!!!

10,000 pts in a year - thats around, what 830pts a month! I find it hard completing a regiment in a month!

One question - what on earth do you do with all these mammoth projects once complete?

tensions
25-04-2006, 07:07
You know that leads to your necron army(looks very nice btw) thread dont you?

oh my bad, i will fix it soon

Simply amazing...
The standard is not 'award winning' stuff by itself(although a very good TT quality) but when combined with the speed at which you paint it - truely fantastic!!!

10,000 pts in a year - thats around, what 830pts a month! I find it hard completing a regiment in a month!

One question - what on earth do you do with all these mammoth projects once complete?

i wouldn't want to paint 10000 points army to "award winning" standard.. i will be 70 year old by the time i finished.

probably going to spend more time on char and heroes..

anyway,
i based and painted the banner of my marauder horsemen....
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c137/tensions/archaon/chaosmarauderhorsemen.jpg

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c137/tensions/archaon/chaosmarauderhorsemenbanner.jpg

thanks for looking
tensions

Reign in Blood
25-04-2006, 07:37
Bloody Hell you are crazy.....but you can't stop! Just subscribing. Keep up that insane amount of work.

Mortare
06-07-2006, 15:01
Excellent work, really like the gold scrolling. And that horde looks great, as every true horde should do. Look forward to seeing more

Tonberry
06-07-2006, 16:09
Seriously need to get a mod to move both this and the 10kpts Demonic thread to project logs.

Fred_Scuttle
06-07-2006, 16:39
WOW - The Empire is SCREWED!!!!!!!!!!!!

Those look GREAT!!!!!!! - Cant wait to see how you do your Shaggoth!!!!

wally
06-07-2006, 16:42
i want to be just like you when i grow up

:D

Arcane_Blade
06-07-2006, 22:08
As I said in your 10k daemons thread, these are amazing. Unbelievable. it takes you god knows how short a time to paint masterpieces, and I'm not even exaggerating. Very well done. As for the marauders, it'll take too long to paint the tattoes? What? It takes you 5 minutes to paint a 25 man marauder unit, painted to the highest standard, and the tattoes will take too long? :confused: :eyebrows: :D *Collapses in frustration*
Keep up.... Ah, you don't need my encouragement.
Dan :skull:

asmodai_dark86
06-07-2006, 23:09
Theres some things I look at and feel sickened by. The dozen titans at games day was one, this is another.

I am, too be frank, sickened by the sheer amount of models on that table for a independant. If you were working for GW, then fair enough. But on your own, and that many.

Ill be honest and say I cant look around tensions threads again because there beautifully painted but the only way I can honestly describe them is sickening - and I mean that as a form of praise strangely.

tzeentchgiant
07-07-2006, 00:57
I am officially declaring my hatred for Mortare, not only did I poo my pants when I saw that this thread had been posted in, I neglected to clean it up until after I discovered what the update was.

Now I, my trousers, the chair I'm sitting on, and the room, are filled with the stench of excitement, and for no reason.

:mad:

On a serious note, it's rather annoying to have threads come back up, especiialy such interesting ones as this, without someone actually updating them. Please, please, please don't do it again.

Tensions, if you do have an update, now would be the time :angel: :).

TG

Orcdom
07-07-2006, 01:33
he updated one of these 10K threads, i think the other was to get him working on updating that one too.
Steve

the dark angel
07-07-2006, 10:29
you are awsome!all i can say is YES!the empire will fall and chaos will reign supreme!for 10,000 pts of chaos combined with my 5000 and my m8s 5000 we would rule the world of warhammer!

Sinedia
07-07-2006, 15:05
Wow... I... I... No... I...

Just speachless....

The Judge
07-07-2006, 17:19
Excellent stuff... glad there's someone else out there trying to do a stupidly large army. I'm working on a 10K Empire myself, pics later perhaps.

tensions
09-07-2006, 12:08
Tensions, if you do have an update, now would be the time .

hi,
i would love to update this as well
but i'm trying to finish my daemon legion first..

i did update my daemonic legion almost everyday, won't mind some comments over there..;)

if i work really really hard on my daemonic legion, i might be able to get it finish before september..
then i can continue my sword of chaos.

Excellent stuff... glad there's someone else out there trying to do a stupidly large army. I'm working on a 10K Empire myself, pics later perhaps

10k empire... hmm... i got 10k sword of chaos and 10k daemonic legion.. maybe if we meet one day we can have a massive 20k chaos vs 10k empire...
i'm sure it will be awesome..:evilgrin:

also can someone tell me how to fnd the mod of this forum so i can ask them to move this and my daemonic legion post to project log?

thanks for looking..

tzeentchgiant
09-07-2006, 15:53
Send a PM to Sylass or Brimmy (Brimstone), they're the ones I see about most frequently, and request that they move it.

TG

Orcdom
09-07-2006, 16:37
wintermute will move stuff as well.

Steve

ThorDoppi
09-07-2006, 18:08
I need more money, more time, more skills and an equal ammount of motivation ^^ These projects rock :D they just make me....dream.

Thordoppi

tensions
19-07-2006, 06:58
hello,
being so busy painting my daemonic legion and my golden demon entry, i hardly have any time to update my sword of chaos.

so today, i decide to paint a few chaos warriors for a change.

i picked the colors similar to my daemonic tzeentch legion so i can mix the units up and use them in my sword of chaos as well and they will still look good together.

the freehand are there to keep my horde to the same theme.

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c137/tensions/archaon/mortaltzeentch/tzeentchwarrior.jpg

took roughly 1 hour to paint a warrior,

please let me know what you think.

thanks for looking
tensions

Dspankdo
19-07-2006, 11:27
thats ******* awesome mate ill have to play u some time with my (planned) night goblins

tzeentchgiant
19-07-2006, 15:07
It looks very good, it would have taken me much longer than an hour to do something like that :p.

My only complaint is that the halberd doesn't look right, the metal seems patchy, not nearly as smooth and flowing as the rest of the warrior.

TG

tensions
20-07-2006, 12:47
hi
painted a few more chaos warriors, painting them in unit of 4.

today's update
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c137/tensions/archaon/mortaltzeentch/tzeentchwarrior5.jpg

thanks for looking
tensions

tzeentchgiant
20-07-2006, 15:07
Again, they look fantastic, btu why can't the halberds just be either gold or silve, the combination doesn't look good because it isn't very consistant.

I think that's the only thing that needs worked on though, kudos to you :).

TG

Orcdom
20-07-2006, 15:11
looks fine, looks like a dirty silver
Steve

Caelas
04-02-2007, 17:42
WoW great stuff, but seriously, how much was all that, I really want to know how much I can buy with my $500. (I don't mean from you)

Arhalien
04-02-2007, 17:54
Oh dear.

Caelas it's against forums rules to post in a thread a long way back without adding anything new. These rules may be partly supsended on project logs but it does annoy the mods sometimes.

Also like to add my own congratulations to Tension here, this is brilliant! Mad but brilliant :D

Caelas
05-02-2007, 00:40
What do you mean??

Dspankdo
05-02-2007, 01:00
It's called threadomancy mate, if tensions wants to add something new then he may, but simply posting in a long inactive thread puts the work of others to the side even in projects with something new to share.

The Machine GoD
05-02-2007, 02:24
I love the extreme amount of models. Great army.

Fred_Scuttle
05-02-2007, 05:05
FREAKING AMAZING!!!!

Your blue warriors are GREAT!!!! Not enough Chaos done in more vibrant colors.

Mephistofeles
05-02-2007, 08:57
Well I must say this is seriously impressive, but just one question:

Did you buy all these at once? Did you buy your daemonic legion at the same time? How the HELL did you afford that? :P

anyway, very nice job, and a very brave project!

Dat Wildboy
05-02-2007, 10:52
more marauders! aw hell, i'm going to have to start a chaos army.

Cromenon
05-02-2007, 12:01
oh god! oh god! oh god!!!!

my goodness, that's *******' awesome!!!! you have to be soooooooooo patient to complete perfectly all those freehands!!!! and they are ALL perfect!!!

honestly, the armours are impressive, but the amount of them are most impressive!!!!

congratulations!!!!

PS:

How the HELL did you afford that?
we will never know, my friend.... XD

crandall87
05-02-2007, 13:24
Your army is coming along nicely. Will there be many conversions in the army to match your great painting skills?

fattdex
05-02-2007, 13:55
People, Tensions last post in this thread was 20-07-2006.

I've been through two jobs, gotten married, been on a honeymoon and are about to buy a house since then. God knows where he went or why he stopped posting in this thread!

Voronwe[MQ]
05-02-2007, 14:00
10'000 points Swords of Chaos... This is crazy, but a really qualitative crazy.

Voronwe

Vattendroppe
05-02-2007, 17:33
OMFG, that army must've cost more than Ugandas and Nigerias GDP together!

Caelas
05-02-2007, 18:22
OH I think I get it, but how did I go off topic, someone asked the question earlier about the cost, and Tensions didn't answer, so how was my post pointless?

Caelas
05-02-2007, 18:26
I get it now, sorry, didn't see the date, I clicked on his sig and it took me here, where I proceeded to post, sorry again.

AHH I double posted, sorry, thoought I hadn't sent my first one.

CWII
23-02-2008, 13:50
OH. MY. GOD.

This thread is so inspiring, man. Everything is great, I am gonna follow this to the end for sure. So amazing.

Keep it going!

..just wow.

Endemion
23-02-2008, 15:45
Follow it to the end? There hasn't been a post for over a year

biggreengribbly
23-02-2008, 16:34
And the last time the thread died, it was on the very subject of Threadomancy.

Did you even Read the thread? Or just look at all the pretty pictures :eyebrows:

synapse
24-02-2008, 16:02
i really hate to keep this going but that was so funny. cant someone close this?

Wintermute
24-02-2008, 17:02
i really hate to keep this going but that was so funny. cant someone close this?

I can.

Thread closed

Wintermute
The WarSeer Inquisition