PDA

View Full Version : 2000pt Empire

maze ironheart
05-06-2009, 09:32
Hi I've been thinking on an alternative list to the following one as at my GW people always have alternative lists and think I should build one.Also I wanted to get the new plastic steam tank as I think it is better then the steel brick one so heres the list I use already.

(Lord Choice)

1-Arch lector with a war alter and Van horstmann's speculum and Dawn armour and shield and a sword of might.308pt's

(Hero Choice)

1-Worrior priest with heavy armour and horse with barding and a shield and a bitting blade.115ptspts

1-Battle wizard with LV2 upgrade and the rod of power.130pt's

1-Battle wizard with 2 despell scroll.115pts

(Core Choice)

24-Swordsmen with fullcommand169pt's

10-Swordsmen Detachment.60pt's

10-Handgunners.80pt's

15-flagellants.150pts

5-Empire Knights with standardbearer and musician.139ptspts

6-Empire knights with standard bearer and musicain with the banner of arcane warding.192pt's

(Special Choice)

5-Outriders.105pt's

1-Great Cannon.100pt's

1-Great cannon.100pts

Totol-1992pt's

Now heres a new list I've been thinking on so here gose.

(Lord Choice)

1+Grand templar master of the golden lion's with laurels of victory and a holy relic.245pt's

(Hero Choice)

1-Warrior priest with a great weapon and armour of meteoric iron.119pts

1-Bright wizard with LV2 upgrade and the rod of power.130pt's

1-Celestial wizard with LV2 upgrade and a despell scroll.125pts

(Core Choice)

10-Handgunners.80pt's

(Special Choice)

6+Knight's of the Golden lions with standard bearer with standard of arcane warding and a musician.210pt's

5+Pistolier with a musician.97pt's

5+Pistolier with a musician.97pt's

(Rare Choice)

1+Steam tank.300pt's

1+Helstorm rocket battery.115pt's

Totol-1976pt's

So how's this is this any better or is their anything I need to improve on I was thinking of dropping the detactment the wizards in for some archer detactments.Any advice will be welcomed as I think having an alternative list would be good as after I beated a deamon army he takes a blood thirster that has a hell firestorm blade.

wamphyri101
05-06-2009, 11:11
I think its a pretty good list (the second one we are talking about)

I find the missile launcher very miss/blows me up. Could be better to ditch it and take a cannon to cover your steam tank with.

would also think about giving the pistoliers an outrider with the repeator pistol as its an extra 3 shots a turn for the unit

my core runs pretty much the same. 2 x 25 swordmen with a unit of 9 swordsmen each and works very well.

maze ironheart
05-06-2009, 14:50
I think its a pretty good list (the second one we are talking about)

I find the missile launcher very miss/blows me up. Could be better to ditch it and take a cannon to cover your steam tank with.

would also think about giving the pistoliers an outrider with the repeator pistol as its an extra 3 shots a turn for the unit

my core runs pretty much the same. 2 x 25 swordmen with a unit of 9 swordsmen each and works very well.

Yeah I was thinking of a cannon but yeah I'll add that to the list so thiers nothing wrong with the knights.I did want to get the general of the empire model the new one with a great hammer but theirs only so much you can equip him with.The reason is cause my cousin has a brettonian lord that grants re-roll to hit and to wound and if you pass your save you have to re-roll it plus you can't refuse a challange so thought the grand templar masters a better choice.

Commodus Leitdorf
05-06-2009, 15:13
yeah as a general rule, don't take a Helstorm unless you plan on taking two. One doesn't cut the mustard....two however....oh two are glorious!

maze ironheart
06-06-2009, 16:06
yeah as a general rule, don't take a Helstorm unless you plan on taking two. One doesn't cut the mustard....two however....oh two are glorious!

Ok from so far I've come up with this.

Ok heres a new list.

(Lord Choice)

(In the knight's of the golden lion)
1+Grand templar master of the golden lion's with laurels of victory and a holy relic.245pt's

(Hero Choice)

(Placed in the first swordsmen unit)
1-Warrior priest with a great weapon and armour of meteoric iron.119pts

(Placed in the second Swordsmen unit)
1-Bright wizard with LV2 upgrade and the rod of power.130pt's

(Is alone)
1-Celestial wizard with LV2 upgrade and a despell scroll.125pts

(Core Choice)

10-Handgunners.80pt's

(Special Choice)

6+Knight's of the Golden lions with standard bearer with standard of arcane warding and a musician.210pt's

5+Pistolier with a musician and a out rider with repeater pistol.114pt's

5+Pistolier with a musician and a out rider with repeater pistol.114pt's

1+Great cannon.100pt's

(Rare Choice)

1+Steam tank.300pt's

Total-1995pt's

My first idea was to take a general of the empire and have him on foot the reason is because I love the 2 new models they've released.The only problom was what to equip him with I did think give him the warrior priests equipment and have him also take the laurels of victory and have the warrior priest lead the unit of knights but make them normal ones.

maze ironheart
07-06-2009, 09:17
So is their anything I need to change or any advice like is it a good idea to have my general go ahead of the army.I would like to ask has anyone else taken a general of the empire on foot if so what do you equip him with and dose he do good or is the templar master a better choice.

maze ironheart
08-06-2009, 08:33
Ok so I take it their's nothing that needs changing I'll get started on the army but just to say thanks to.

Commodus Leitdorf

wamphyri101

Thanks for the help.

Anardakil
08-06-2009, 08:40
List looks fine but fluff-wise I think there should be more knights in the army if it's led by a grand master. You could try removing one of the pistolier units for a 5-man knight unit without upgrades (musician if you can afford it). They make good flankers and counter-attackers.