PDA

View Full Version : Finally my Skaven are done!! [2000 pts.]

dal9ll
05-06-2009, 18:22
Hello again everyone!

So Im pretty excited to finally have finished my on-again, off-again Skaven army! Its taken me years to complete it but now Im actually ready and able to get some 2000 point games in! Itís a pseudo-SAD build with heavy magic and a decent amount of shooting Ė as opposed to a traditional swarm list with a Warlord and a billion rats. I want to run this list by everyone to get some thoughts.

Grey Seer w/ Teneberous Cloak, Eye of the Horned Rat
(290)

Battle-Standard Bearer w/ Banner of the Swarm
(90)

Warlock Engineer w/ KIT, Storm Daemon
(110)

Warlock Engineer w/ KIT
(95)

29 Clanrats w/ musician, standard, Ratling Gun
*a Warlock Engineer goes here
(220)

28 Clanrats w/ musician, standard, Ratling Gun
*the other Warlock Engineer and the BSB go here
(215)

21 Slaves w/ musician
(46)
21 Slaves w/ musician
(46)

6 Nightrunners
(30)
6 Nightrunners
(30)

2 Globadiers
(20)
2 Globadiers
(20)

12 Giant Rats, 2 Packmasters
(60)
12 Giant Rats, 2 Packmasters
(60)

5 Jezzials
(100)
5 Jezzials
(100)

30 Plague Monks w/ musician, standard, Banner of Burning Hatred
(280)

6 Plague-Censer Bearers
(102)

1 Warp-Lightning Cannon
(100)

TOTAL: 2004 points
Total models: 206--> still a lot for a 2000 pt game I think!
Power dice: 11
Dispel dice: 6
Warpstone tokens: 6

There may be only two Clanrat units but theres IMO plenty of small, low-cost, throwaway units like the Globadiers, Slaves, and Giant Rats to act as screeners, baiters/fleers, march-blockers and harassment units to assist the big units. These units are also great to tarpit units of Knights and other elite troops, while the Jezzials, WLC, and Warp-Lightning lay into them with sadistic force. Obviously, the key units are the two fat Clanrat units and the fat Plague Monk unit that can use the Censer-Bearers as screeners or flankers.

For 2000 point games, I think this armyís Magic will be brutal with that many power dice, plus all the Warpstone tokens. Im thinking of running the Grey Seer on his own and using Skitterleap to hop behind enemy units or in cover or whatnot where he can unleash Magic on enemy units and stay protected. Any other advice on how to use him would be much appreciated!

Cheers everyone!

PS: For a 2250 pt game, would it be a bad idea to use this list but just add a Screaming Bell (and 50 more points of stuff)? I donít want to have to buy many more models to play larger sized gamesÖ