PDA

View Full Version : Planetstrike Price Increase

Bookwrak
05-06-2009, 23:06
Obviously, I've been in this hobby too long, because I'm looking at the cost of Planetstrike terrain pieces and thinking the price tag looks great.

However, the fact that I'm thinking the price tag looks good is making me wonder if, like the Valkyrie, in a couple of weeks we're going to see them get a price hike. Does anyone remember how much the cost of the Valkyrie went up by, and think something similar might happen hear?

Max Jet
05-06-2009, 23:15
Happened to the baneblade
Happened to the citadel realm of battle
happened to the valkyrie
will happen to some planet strike releases

BUT

It did NOT happen to the Goldswords! Just like the rumoured price increase.. just say that the Price for the new terrain piece is going to be 100 pounds.. tone it down to 40 and all the fan boys are going to run around that we were bitching senselessly as the price is actually cheaper than suspected (or the price raise was not THAT bad) perhaps they will never realize how much 40 pounds actually are.

ehlijen
05-06-2009, 23:51
Nothing beats the warhammer gaming board for prerelease price increases.

It's best just to completely ignore any prerelease info when making the decision to buy anything. Only trust what you can see once the product is available (GW are actually really good in demonstrating just what comes in each new box).

LonelyPath
06-06-2009, 00:15
I had to laugh that Realms of Battle changed price 4 times on the uK site before it's release. For half a day it as marked at 100, lol.