PDA

View Full Version : 1500 Points of Lothlórien Elves

bloodangeluk
06-06-2009, 03:02
This is my planned Elves army for war of the ring for when the Galadhrim are released. I'm generally happy with it myself except for one thing, should I take out one captain to buy the 'Inner Glory' fortune? Also not only that but I would like some critical views on the army and ideas of how I can improve it with keeping to the theme and the points value.

4 Companies of Galadhrim Regiment
Captain, Banner

4 Companies of Galadhrim Regiment
Shields, Banner

4 Companies of Galadhrim Knight Regiment
Captain, Shields

2 Companies of Galadhrim Knights Regiment
Captain, Bows

4 Companies of Haldir's Elves

Galadriel, Lady of Lothlórien

Celeborn, Lord of Lothlórien

Total - 1495.

Basic setup: I put Galadriel with the unshielded Galadhrim so she can protect them properly with her Epic Defence with Touched by Destiny and Celeborn goes with the Shielded ones to give them more punch. Haldir's elves sticks to the flanks and pepers enemy units, using take aim when in short range and suporting whoever is in combat by flanking. The knights speed ahead using at the double and heroic movements to outflank and come in at the rear, giving the enemy the tough decision of splitting his force to protect any shooting units or ignoring the knights all together.

Edonil
06-06-2009, 03:16
Way too many characters for 1500. Drop either Galadriel or Celeborn and grab more infantry. Also, drop the Captain from your smaller Knight regiment, and put it in your unit with the shields. The banners aren't useful for your build- cavalry need them more, and infantry only have a real use when there's an Army Banner on the board. I would suggest dropping a company of Haldir's Elves, and look into taking some more formations with bows. Also, why do you have a formation of Galadhrim infantry with hand weapons? At least give them glaives. That's my advice. And Inner Glory is lots of fun, btw.

bloodangeluk
06-06-2009, 03:41
Just a note: Galadhrim Regiments always come with Glaives free of cost. But apart from that thanks for the advice. I can't actually model Banners for the Galadrim Regiments without flaffing around with conversions and I guess if I'm looking to charge I'll be right on someone's nose with such a large movement. I've also limited my number of archers mainly due to cost at the moment. I do not have much in the way of money to play with so I'm trying to field things in 'boxes' at the moment. One temptation is to take Wood Elves cos I can get at least 2 bow companies with one box of them (lining up the bowmen behind the spearmen using the spears as a 'wall' of sorts.

Angelust
06-06-2009, 08:07
If cost is a factor, I'd suggest starting in smaller games of maybe 1k. There are just too few troops on the table and far too many upgrades/heroes.

I'd suggest dropping the banners and captains and adding more companies of elves. If you can't do that at 1.5k, then maybe drop down to 1k games and build up from there.

bloodangeluk
06-06-2009, 17:39
Right I've put the points limit down so I've now only got 1000 points to play with and this is what I've worked out.

3 Regiments of Galadhrim
Shields

3 Regiments of Galadhrim
Shields

2 Regiments of Galadhrim Archers

2 Regiments of Galadhrim Archers

3 Companies of Galadhrim Knights
Captain, Shields

Galadriel, Lady of Lothlórien
or
Celeborn, Lord of Lothlórien

Haldir, Guardian of Lórien

Inner Glory

Total might = 8

Total = 1000 points.

I'm relatively happy with the list as a whole and it definatly makes things easier on the bank balance. Again I'll apreciate any help. One note though: I did look into using the twins as Galadriel is their grandmother so they do have blood from Lothlórien in them but I am concerned about their surviveability in duels as it takes only one wound to kill them and for 5 points more I can have Haldir which 'auto passes At the double!', fits the background a bit better than the twins and has Epic shot which I can see great things from.