PDA

View Full Version : 2000pt Winter Wood Elves

tribal
06-06-2009, 02:13
Hi ive just started wood elves after a long stint with the undead and before that chaos, ive never had a shooty army and wood elves are a totally difrent playstyle to what i am used to so any tips or comments are very welcome thanx

Wood Elf High Born w/ light armour and shield, biting blade , The bow of loren, Bodkin arrows, netling’s,
Biting blade and netlings incase of combat was either these or the hail of doom arrow

Wood Elf Noble of the Way Watcher kin w/ The hunters talon longbow, a pageant of shrieks

Level 1 spell singer w/ longbow, dispel scroll, mischeif’s

Level 1 spell singer w/ longbow, dispel scroll, despair’s

10 Glade guard w/ longbows and banner of spring tide

10 Glade guard w/ longbows

8 scouts w/longbow

8 scouts w/longbow

5 Glade guard w/ longbows and spears

Shadow sentinel and 6 way watchers w/ longbows

and either 6 wild riders and Great Eagle or 3 war hawk riders x 2
cant make my mind up withthese troops.

This list is designed to be a winter wood elf army where there power is at the weakest so no dryads, treekin or treemen are in the list as they are all asleep.
The idea is to have no or very little actual combat, most of the battle being fought behind enemy lines while targeting a single unit at a time, while march blocking most of the army and picking of enemy characters
this is my first list for a wood elf army after playing undead for a while and i wanted a totally diffrent army so any comments welcome good and bad :D

Orthanus
20-06-2009, 15:45
Wood Elf HighBorne w/ light armour and shield, biting blade, The bow of loren, Bodkin arrows, netlingís,
1st make him an alter noble, give him a great weapon, give him Helm of the Hunt, this way he looks like this:

Highborne - 272 (pts total from memory)
Alter Kindred (more attacks and mobility)
Great Weapon (better strength on charge when he always hits first)
Bow of Loren (more shots and benefits from alter noble attack increase)
Shield (defence against shooting attacks)
Light Armour (basic defence)
Helm of the Hunt (more defence +bonus on charge)
Bodkins (more hurt for heavy infantry)

Wood Elf Noble of the Way Watcher kin w/ The hunters talon longbow, a pageant of shrieks
don't bother with waywatcher Kindred unless you take it with "Blight of Terrors" for 50pts and make it a terror bomb (units within 6" of a terror causing unit must take terror test and this guy can appear within 6" of a unit)

Level 1 spell singer w/ longbow, dispel scroll, mischeifís
Drop for a branchwraith with lvl1 wizard and Cluster of radients for +1 powerdice and +2 dispel dice at only 140pts

Level 1 spell singer w/ longbow, dispel scroll, despairís
drop dispair for another dispell scroll

10 Glade guard w/ longbows and banner of spring tide
I wouldn't bother with the standard and you will need musicians for +1Ld on rally rolls because WE are brilliant at fleeing then rallying

you will need musicians for +1Ld on rally rolls because WE are brilliant at fleeing then rallying
See above
8 scouts w/longbow
don't bother with scouts, take waywatchers, they are much better

8 scouts w/longbow
see above

need musicians for same reasons as GG

see above

Shadow sentinel and 6 way watchers w/ longbows
take 8 waywatcher and forget the sentinel, not worth it

and either 6 wild riders and Great Eagle or 3 war hawk riders x 2
cant make my mind up withthese troops.
I would definitely take 6 wild riders with full command and a warbanner. Whatever points you have left should be spent on a flyer of some sort to shut down enemy ranged troops and siege weapons. Warhawk riders if you have enough, otherwise a great eagle is a good 50pts substitute

This list is designed to be a winter wood elf army where there power is at the weakest so no dryads, treekin or treemen are in the list as they are all asleep.
ahh then my branchwraith might be a problem
The idea is to have no or very little actual combat, most of the battle being fought behind enemy lines while targeting a single unit at a time, while march blocking most of the army and picking of enemy characters
this is my first list for a wood elf army after playing undead for a while and i wanted a totally diffrent army so any comments welcome good and bad :D

You are going to need 1 unit of dryads I think. Remember that the dryads are "weakened" but awake in times of dire need. This one units will bog down enemy units and can house your branchwraith, who should take annoyance of netlings so as it is only hit on 6's in challenges. The proportions of the army will still represent that it is winter as the majority of the force is elven.