PDA

View Full Version : Unit Strength for a Hero on Jugger?

greenmonsta
06-06-2009, 22:34
I am confused as to what the unit stength for a hero on a jugger would be. My understanding is that it would have a unit strength of 3 because it has the same base size as a ogre. Because of this shouldn't it not be effected by killing blow as well. Please let me know if I'm wrong. Thx for the help.

FranticDaemon
06-06-2009, 22:43
It's cavalry, so it has US 2. It has nothing to do with base size. And by the way it's on 50x50mm base, while ogres are on 40x40mm base.

Paz
07-06-2009, 07:40
Herald's US = 1
Jagger's US = 1, like cavalery
1 + 1 = 2 :)

Falkman
07-06-2009, 18:03
Also, in the case of ridden creatures, the combined US of the entire model does not determine whether or not it is immune to killing blow, since the rider will most of the times still be a US1 humanoid sized guy, who can be killing blowed regardless of being on foot or on a dragon.

Kalec
07-06-2009, 23:02
Also, in the case of ridden creatures, the combined US of the entire model does not determine whether or not it is immune to killing blow, since the rider will most of the times still be a US1 humanoid sized guy, who can be killing blowed regardless of being on foot or on a dragon.

If the mount is a monstrous mount, then you are correct.

For 1-wound mounts, it normally doesn't matter with regards to killing blow because KB affects US1 models (the vast majority of those that purchase mounts) and US2 models (cavalry and the like). A model on a 1-wound mount does have it's US changed, but since it usually becomes US2 it doesn't make a different. The only case I ca think of where the mount makes the rider immune to killing blow is the Shieldbearers for a dwarf lord, which give him US3 instead of US2 so he does become immune to KB.

nosferatu1001
08-06-2009, 09:59
It is also US2 for the very good reason you are told so in the Daemonic Mounts section - it states that, despite being based on 50x50 bases they are cavalry models, and therefore are set as US2.