PDA

View Full Version : My Goblin 2500pt. List

Keetoowah
07-06-2009, 01:07
All comments and corrections are welcome and wanted.

Lords
Goblin Warboss
Light armor
Enchanted Shield
Warboss Umm's Best 'at
Martog's Best Basha
Warboss Imbad's Iron Gnashas

Heroes
Goblin Shaman
Level 2
Staff of Sneaky Stealin'

Goblin Big Boss
BSB
Light Armor
Rowdy Grott's Big Red Raggedy Banner

Goblin Big Boss
Gigantic Spider
Light Armor
Shield
Backstabber's Blade
Nibbla's 'itty Ring

Core
Goblins x25
Short Bows
Shields
Musician
Boss

Goblins x25
Short Bows
Shields
Musician
Boss

Goblins x25
Short Bows
Shields
Musician
Boss

Goblins x25
Short Bows
Shields
Musician
Boss

Night Goblins x20
Musician
Fanatics x2

Night Goblins x20
Musician
Fanatics x3

Night Goblins x20
Musician
Fanatics x2

Forest Goblin Spider Riders x5
Bows
Musician
Boss

Forest Goblin Spider Riders x5
Bows
Musician
Boss

Special
Night Goblin Squig Herd x5

Night Goblin Squig Herd x5

Goblin Spear Chukka x2

Goblin Spear Chukka x2

Rare
Goblin Doom Driver Catapult

Stone Trolls x6

rtunian
07-06-2009, 03:33
imo the lv2 on sham is wasted points, as most armies are going to have 4+ dd, especially at 2500 points, so whatever you try to cast will easily be covered.

also, i would think about adding 1 ng to each and putting either bows or spears on them. common goblins make good spearmen too because they already have a 5+ as from la + shield (assuming you keep the shields). ng might be a better candidate for bowmen since they get them free, and you seem to be using ng for fanatic delivery, so cost is a factor, although i would add 1 ng to each unit for added panic protection.

running a goblin list, you need punch badly. i would consolidate your cg blocks into 3x30, cut 1 ng block, cut 1-2 trolls, cut spider champs, cut goblin champs, and put your lord and both of your unmounted heroes on chariots.

sirbone
07-06-2009, 07:07
Your warboss doesn't need so much stuff. If he dies, which he may well do, he's going to cost his points plus 100vc for killing your general. No point in tooling up a fighty general when his base statline is not fighty.

I would suggest, though it might seem completely against what you have planned, that you go for a defensive army. Replace the third big boss on spider with a night goblin shaman (and reduce your other shaman to ng) and give one of them Nibbla's Itty Ring. If you are going to go for a magic heavy army (well, as heavily magical as you can get with gobbos) then you might want to take both as level 2. I don't think you need so many trolls, especially with the 120pts cost of making them stone trolls. Your units don't need bosses imo, except maybe the one in which your general is pla

If I were you I'd plump for more bows and fanatics and magic and sit back and wait for the enemy to come to you. The bound spell 'eadbutt is great to use at the end of your magic phase, when your enemy is running low on dispel dice. I once managed to snipe a VC general with it (he rolled a 2 to dispel, thinking little of it) in the second turn and then I just sat back and watched his army crumble.

I agree with rtunian on the chariot point. If your warboss and BSB are in chariots they then don't need to spend points on armour and they get the impact hits and are more mobile. It looks more bothersome for your enemy too.

Your troop count is impressively high. I wish you the best of luck.