13x Saurus 162
Musician
Spears

10x Skink Skirmishers 70

Rare

Salamander 80
Extra Skink

Total 997

Just a first attempt at doing 1000 point LM army C&C welcome plus can anyone tell me if the second rank of Saurus get 2 attacks or 1 when using there spears?

Whaagnomore
07-06-2009, 09:48
This is an overall kinda balanced list, allthouh a few pointers.

1: If you dont have a chief on steggy then id definetly invest in a scar-vet for some heavy melee duty, and where would you put your chief?

2: Instead of using diadem of pwr id just go with 2 dispelscrolls, since the diadem takes out a kinda heavy cost in your own magic phase (especially since your priest can cast spells like a LVL 3 wiz :D), plus that its not even a sure dispel.

3: When using the oh-ever so fun spearosaurus i usually field them in 6x3 making it 18 in total, this is because i want to be sure that the second rank is still alive when its about to see action since if the opponent picks of 5 or 6 when you are fielding 12-14 the spears get kinda useless, also if the opponent would nvm about the saurus alltogether one extra CR for rank aint wrong. I have however seen many different sizes to field sauruses in, this might just be me.

Eulogy2
07-06-2009, 13:15
i wouldnt call a EOTG or any steg at 1k a balance list at all really. if you want to use it thats ok, but dont surprised if the person your playing is not impressed.

6x3 is definitly better for spear saurus, and yes the rear rank gets 2 attacks.

for only a few more points a scar-vet will do much more than the skink chief will.

trydragon
07-06-2009, 15:30
i wouldnt call a EOTG or any steg at 1k a balance list at all really. if you want to use it thats ok, but dont surprised if the person your playing is not impressed.

Actually ware I play running 1000 points with 1 Steagadon is Coincided an underpowered list. :p

Anyway thanks for your advice i edited the list a bit had to drop the Saurus down to 13 to get the Scar-vet in C&C still welcome as am a Noob when it comes to LM.