PDA

View Full Version : Girls all with the same name

Darkseer
29-12-2005, 10:28
This is kind of freaky.

So freaky that I feel I have to come on here and ask if anyone is experiencing something like this on order for it to feel less freaky.

I went out with a girl for 2 years. First girl named RACHEL that I'd met.

A year on and almost every girl I meet romantically is called Rachel.

I was talking to this girl in a bar the other week. I find out later her name is Rachel.

A girl online sends me some music files. I get talking to her and discover that her name is Rachel.

I'm currently on Rachel number 6

Anyone else experienced this sort of thing?

Wiseman
29-12-2005, 10:48
i had a thing with jessicas, had relationships with about 6 jessicas, also been out with 2 different chloes

BozzyB
29-12-2005, 10:51
Not me, but my friend, knows 6 Emmas. To distinguish them, he's began giving them numbers. Though, he's only been romanticly involved with 2 of them, but they've all liked him (in that way) at some point.

BozzyB

arkbird
29-12-2005, 10:52
I've had 12 Melissa's come up in my travels. I've tried to go out with just about everyone of them and they all used the same lines to dump me.

The strangest thing is that I can't seem to get on a plane without sitting next to an Amanda. I'm to the point that when I sit down next to a girl I just assume her name is Amanda.

CELS
29-12-2005, 11:12
Nope, not really. I guess we're more inventive with names here in Norway :p

Cpt. Drill
29-12-2005, 12:08
This is a watered down version but 5 of my friends are going with a becky...

Xander-K
29-12-2005, 12:23
both my brother first girlfriend and my first girlfriend were called lisa.

Wolf Scout Ewan
29-12-2005, 12:49
Emily. Grrrr... usually a bad omen hehe.

Shadowheart
29-12-2005, 12:51
Might I suggest you chose your words even more carefully than usual in this thread... we've got five guys possibly dating the same girl, and a guy called Lisa. :wtf:

As in Norway (apparently) there's a decent variety in names around here, it doesn't happen often that there any group has more than one, maybe two people with the same name. I don't know if that makes things easier or harder.

Icewalker
29-12-2005, 13:34
I've known about 4 Katherines (probably not too hard to do), 6 Emmas and I think that's where the 2+ girls w/ the same names I've known ends. Unsurprisingly enough you don't see a lot of guys by the name of Ryoma here. :( ;)

Archaon
29-12-2005, 13:58
Rather perfect if you ask me.. you don't have to get used to a new name, no embarrassing moments during sex by yelling out the wrong name etc..

Have fun! :)

Commissar Vaughn
29-12-2005, 14:16
it seems like theres a new top name every year. a couple of years ago i knew 5 different emilys, the following year it was joannes, this year every girl ive spoken to seems to be called charlotte. odd.

Melchor
29-12-2005, 14:19
this year every girl ive spoken to seems to be called charlotte. odd.

It isn't if you she's the only girl you've spoken to. :angel:

Exterminatus
29-12-2005, 14:39
A bit off topic, but my current girlfriend is the exact same age as me, born on the same day in the same year.

An ex girlfriend of me was half english, and she came from the exact same part of england where my grandma lives.

Another girl I chatted up to last week lives in the place where I work, about a 2 hours drive from my home.

I always run into these situations, where I seem to have much in common with girls

fredmundo
29-12-2005, 15:00
wow.. that's amazing
*engage sarcasm*
my wife seems to share >99% of the same DNA as me, uncanny isn't it!
*disengage sarcasm*

Names can be very regional and also they come and go with what's trendy, have you noticed a few baby Brittteny's about over the last few years?

Sojourner
29-12-2005, 15:44
Three Nickys (Nicola). Nthing particularly unusual but hey.

ArtificerArmour
29-12-2005, 15:49
The girls I get involved usually have a name that I've never personally known a person with that name before...if that made sence...?

Lardidar
29-12-2005, 17:53
I have dated 3 sarahs, 1 sara, and a sarah-jayne - Seemed a little odd.

But I have not seen any of them for a few years now. I know 4 guys named Phil if that counts.

Captain Brown
29-12-2005, 18:29
Lardidar you do not know me that well!

I have never dated a woman with the same name...this has led to some problems in bed a few times (oops you are not Lisa!). Fortunately nothing that has resulted in a final good-bye. ;)

starlight
29-12-2005, 18:35
Used to know at least a half dozen Cathy's (in one variation or another, we all worked together, so they all tweaked their names to avoid confusion.)

Jennifer was quite popular in my life for many years, so much so that I married one.:D

m1s1n
29-12-2005, 18:41
My rules for dating--

1. Never date someone with the same name as a sibling. Gets too confusing on holidays.
2. Never date someone with the same name as a "serious" ex. In fact, never meet anyone else with that name--it will only make conversations awkward.
"This one time Sarah . . . "
"Wait--which Sara is this now?"
"No, not that Sara--Sarah."

3. Never date someone that was deeply involved with a close friend/family member. This one should be obvious.

More rules to come as I make them up.

Icewalker
29-12-2005, 18:43
I'm sorry, with the girl's named Katherine, I think I've known more like 8 (I know). 5 at school and I believe I've met 3 others in other parts of the world etc.

Lardidar
29-12-2005, 19:16
Lardidar you do not know me that well!

Dammit!! make that 6 phils I know.

4 of them are in a close group of mates, have to call them by surnames to avoid confusion :)

Frodo34x
29-12-2005, 19:42
My rules for dating--

1. Never date someone with the same name as a sibling. Gets too confusing on holidays.
2. Never date someone with the same name as a "serious" ex. In fact, never meet anyone else with that name--it will only make conversations awkward.
"This one time Sarah . . . "
"Wait--which Sara is this now?"
"No, not that Sara--Sarah."

3. Never date someone that was deeply involved with a close friend/family member. This one should be obvious.

More rules to come as I make them up.
If you have known a guy for 5 minutes, his sister is off-limits for life.

Piku
30-12-2005, 00:47
Just rename every girl you go out with.
This is doubly pertinent if you have an unwise name tattoo.

Acolyte
30-12-2005, 07:36
I know an inordinant amount of Sarahs. I could proabably name at least a dozen by now.

NakedFisherman
30-12-2005, 08:36
3 or 4 Lauras or Laurens.

BlazeXI
30-12-2005, 09:33
I'm currently on Rachel number 6

Anyone else experienced this sort of thing?

Your Rachel No 6 must be very tolerant to allow you to post on Warseer while being on her:evilgrin: .

I only had two doubles in my relationships:
two Annas and two Aleksandras
after being 2 years with one girl I focused not to call my new girl with the others name....

Shadowheart
30-12-2005, 09:46
I know an inordinant amount of Sarahs. I could proabably name at least a dozen by now.

I would call that a safe bet. :D

Kelroth
30-12-2005, 11:41
Mine's nowhere near as extreme, but I met my best female friend and my current girlfriend at the same time and they are both Rachel as well. I also had an ex called Georgina and met another close friend six months later called Georgina.

On a male sidenote an old best mate was called Jordan and about the same time as I met the Rachels and Georgina no.2 I met another guy called Jordan.

My life works in pairs >_<

Mad Doc Grotsnik
30-12-2005, 18:56
It's like me and Claires. Of the 10 Claires I know, I have known in a Biblical sense 8 of them. The other I have known far too long for those sort of shenanigans, and the other I worked with.

Is mad like that you know.

VanHel
30-12-2005, 22:05
I seem to know about four sarahs, three angies, about ten ashleys and a pam or two.

Tanith Ghost
31-12-2005, 10:58
I know two Erins. Past that, I seem to find all the uncommon names.
I know a Meredith, a Sophia, a Su-ni, and even a Kagome(no joke, that's her name). On the other hand, I'm incredibly non-pickey about the company I keep, so I tend to rack up a lot of mates by the same name. I'm up to 5 named Chris and counting, 3 named Nick, 3 named Bob, and 2 named Ron(and one fellow who claims his name is Ogdenton).

Hippy In Peril
01-01-2006, 18:05
I've always seemed to be romantically connected to girls with names starting with a K. Katie, Krystal, Kayla...etc.

Hicks
01-01-2006, 20:56
Well, my best friend and my girlfriend are both Mylènes (pronounced me-len), that's about it.

Lady's Champion
02-01-2006, 10:18
I know 4 James really well and so none of them are called James. They have had their surnames put in instead to the point that if you call them James they don't immediately notice you are talking about them!!!