PDA

View Full Version : Starting Bretonnia Help Please!!

Krom The Eternal
08-06-2009, 17:58
Ok, So I'm starting bretonnia and i know nothing about this army so any advice or info on the army would be great!!! PM me with tactics or strategies to win and have a good game!!

GreenSpeed
08-06-2009, 18:04
see tactics forum, theres a thread on there covering this topic

EarthAndAllStars
08-06-2009, 18:05
See the tactics thread but one definite suggestion: 12 Grail Knights.

badgeraddict
08-06-2009, 19:02
See the tactics thread but one definite suggestion: 12 Grail Knights.

Really? I run 8 with a Damsel and that seems enough.

Peasants are a good laugh to use, plus balance out your force a bit. I strongly recommend getting Mounted Yeoman. These fast cav are brilliant for baiting enemy units into flank charge range of your lances, and don't cause panic in Knightly units to boot.

Artinam
08-06-2009, 19:06
12 Grail Knights is overkill, to expensive, you can get alot of troops for that. It has flanks as a freight train and you can barely deploy it (its 12 inch long).
Get 5-8 Grail Knights and stick a Damsel in it.

I agree with Badger, Mounted Yeomen rule and I can also recommend Peasantbowmen. Dirtcheap and pretty effective.

badgeraddict
08-06-2009, 22:14
I agree with Badger, Mounted Yeomen rule and I can also recommend Peasantbowmen. Dirtcheap and pretty effective.

In fact I honestly rate all the peasant units, you'll never truly appreciate them until;

1. Peasant Bowmen kill Karl Franz's Griffon
2. Peasant Bowmen hit Wood Elf Waywatcher at long range in hard cover. Thats 9's TO HIT.
3. Men at arms kill a Ogre Tyrant in combat.
4. Grail Reliquae holds up 4 Dwarf combat units for a whole game.
5. Mounted Yeoman baiting anything frenzied
6. These units will role insane courage more often than knights.

All these things my peasants have done.

In my Bretonnian army the worst offenders for failed panic tests are Pegasus Knights.

:wtf:

In short. Knights = good. Peasants = good. Both used together = Pure Win.